4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

Re: 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200 Watts)

I'm already going back to the first of the journal to get ideas on building...

One thing I noticed is that maybe the spray heads were underpowered with that 633 gph pump. Looks like the TDH (total dynamic head) would be about 2 (1' of height plus 10 feet of line divided by 10) and since the optimum gph for each of the spray heads is 20-25, then that's 20 (gph) times 18 (heads) times 2 (TDH) equals 720 gph needed minimum. I don't know if you figure in the total line length to include ALL the hoses, or just the distance from the pump, so it could require even more.

Anyway, I'm still trying to decide between quick, expensive and easy (buy an AeroFlow) or difficult, more time, and much cheaper... :grinjoint:

I'm already going back to the first of the journal to get ideas on building...

One thing I noticed is that maybe the spray heads were underpowered with that 633 gph pump. Looks like the TDH (total dynamic head) would be about 2 (1' of height plus 10 feet of line divided by 10) and since the optimum gph for each of the spray heads is 20-25, then that's 20 (gph) times 18 (heads) times 2 (TDH) equals 720 gph needed minimum. I don't know if you figure in the total line length to include ALL the hoses, or just the distance from the pump, so it could require even more.

Anyway, I'm still trying to decide between quick, expensive and easy (buy an AeroFlow) or difficult, more time, and much cheaper... :grinjoint:

You are correct. A 933 or even a 1200 would work a little better. However, the 633 has just enough to get the job done.

Looks like the people cannot get enough of your grow 420fied. Can't wait to see more of your magic in future grows. I'm unsubscribing from this now. :goodjob:

Yo Bro, I am on pg 12 and just wanted to jump to the end to say WOW and Thank U for a great "How To" guide:goodjob: I can't wait to start my own. One question (for now); did u find that there was a taste difference between your Aero grow and growing in soil? Again thanks :yummy:

just finished reading this entire journal, well done!

I will be starting my first hydro grow within the next 30 days and out of all the different techniques I've been considering, this will be the one I go with.

My plan is to build two separate units very similar to yours only I would like to get 4 sites per section of PVC bringing the total to 12 plant sites per unit.

There will be a total of two units (12 sites each/24 sites total) with an 1,000 watt HPS serving each unit??? would rather do that than 2 600's per unit but we'll see. I also plan to connect a separate reservoir to each unit increasing capacity to around 30-40gal per unit (going to try and cut PVC holes as close to the top as possible to leave as much capacity as possible below). The ventilation details will be realized as I continue to study the room it's all going in. I will post a journal once the units are constructed but wanted to say cheers for the inspiration. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to chime in.

Literally just sat here for hours and read that whole journal. Excellent job. Hope my yeilds are half as good as yours even though you werent completely satisfied haha. Props! Loooking forward to your 420fied plan! Outdoor grows interest me a lot!

Hey great journal mate. I haven't read it all just a quick skip through but pretty interesting all the same. Have many questions but i'll read more thoroughly before I ask silly questions! ha. Just thought i'd let u all know I recently got bust and lost my crop for any of you following steves pukka armageddon/nirvana wonder woman. It stinks but cant do anything about it now. Will live and learn! Why are we all persecuted for such an amazing plant? I don't understand how in this day and age that alcohol with all its health and social problems is tolerated yet the natural herb with so many benfitys is not?!!!!! Oh well I must face the consequences, I'm on a 8 week suspended sentence from the last time I got caught, so it looks like i'm heading to the jail over christmas. Bummer but i'll take one for the team though. Keep up the good work people.

420fied,

it was my pleasure and honor to watch your grow. I followed it so closely, I feel like i just harvested too. lol.

amazing results my man, cheap and easy to setup, great pics and instructions on exactly how to build it, super light nutes making it cheaper. . . all in all a top notch professional journal from start to finish. I liked your technique of running the plants under the screen.

I can't thank you (and in part big earl i guess, whoever that is, i never saw anything from him before) enough for running this journal, i think i might try to replicate this one sometime in the future, there are a ton of benefits with this setup, my favorite is no medium to buy or toss.

once again, great job.
too bad you aren't gonna run the next one for us to see.

Catch ya later.
WOF

Ditto, well said. One of the best I have ever read. I want to duplicate. When I get started I will post a journal, thanks for your efforts it'e appreciated.:nicethread:

Thats almost 2 pounds.

Charlie I really hate being math geek but way off... Kudos for the entire grow. I need this on audio book so I could work while soaking in the magnitude of information I didn't expect. 16oz+1lb 28grams to 1 oz. Fa:cheer::nicethread::thanks:ntastic read from start to finish. Thank you so much!!!!!

;);)Hi all just joined the site yesterday and found this thread.

It is a awsome one! learning alot about aerogrow, have not grown pot for 20+ years but now considering an indoor grow. Kids grown, wife gone, job gone, lots of time on my hands.

I got high last weekend with an old friend for the first time in 10yrs. Could not belive how far pot has come in 10yrs she had some stuff that tasted like bubblegum man it was spiritual!!!!

So now i guess i will become a pot head again no drug test in the foreseeable future :cool:

Your journal answered alot of questions I had about a grow but was wondering if any of you would try this method with a led grow light i actually found this thread reasearching the SCROG method and led lighting.

any insight would be appreaciated.

;);)Hi all just joined the site yesterday and found this thread.

It is a awsome one! learning alot about aerogrow, have not grown pot for 20+ years but now considering an indoor grow. Kids grown, wife gone, job gone, lots of time on my hands.

I got high last weekend with an old friend for the first time in 10yrs. Could not belive how far pot has come in 10yrs she had some stuff that tasted like bubblegum man it was spiritual!!!!

So now i guess i will become a pot head again no drug test in the foreseeable future :cool:

Your journal answered alot of questions I had about a grow but was wondering if any of you would try this method with a led grow light i actually found this thread reasearching the SCROG method and led lighting.

any insight would be appreaciated.

Here's another thread of an LED journal going on now: 126W Penetrator LED Full Bloom

Would it be possible to mimic this system but starting from seed and not clones? Problem i have is that I have no mother plant and have always grown from seed. I am unsure how to take clones and how long to grow mother before taking cuttings. Also how would u sex the mother to know it was a female, would u change to 12/12 then revert back to 18/6?

I have all of the components to build system but i am considering using a compressor to pump water, do you think this would work or do u think the higher pressure would damage plant.

Finally where can i get those neoprene discs from? cant find them anywhere. Could I just use polystyrene discs as alternative?

This was a very interesting journal and informative, I'd love to see this on a commercial scale.

Back
Top Bottom