Johnnydetroits' SCROG

clones_droped-20090831.jpg

Away we go!

I like the position of the sprayers relative to the netpots now. Looks like we will have liftoff.

ok PH is level at 5.9, fresh nutrients from technaflora. ph was off last night with wrong nutrient. But all is well now, humidy at 53% ouch. Should I just put a few trays of water in the room to get it higher? with 1000 watt on room is 76 deg. nutrient temp is 67 deg. well hopefully the roots get bigger and stronger in the next week and the wilting stops. Well see later tonight and tomorrow.

ok PH is level at 5.9, fresh nutrients from technaflora. ph was off last night with wrong nutrient. But all is well now, humidy at 53% ouch. Should I just put a few trays of water in the room to get it higher? with 1000 watt on room is 76 deg. nutrient temp is 67 deg. well hopefully the roots get bigger and stronger in the next week and the wilting stops. Well see later tonight and tomorrow.

I see no issue with that RH. Go take a puff and relax for a bit. Many challenges await in the future, but should make for a most rewarding grow.

Johnny.. a few questions/comments:

1. What PPM are you running right now? You don't need nutes until they pop roots. I ran 200 PPM on my run and will run 0 PPM until roots show on this run. (Just saves a little on nutes).

2. Your RH of 53% isnt that bad. When you flower you actually WANT it between 45-55%. I've never read that you're required to veg in 80% RH. I have vegged in 50% RH before and my plants were fine.

3. Make sure your clones are pushed far enough down into the pipes that the stream of water from the jet is actually hitting the clone. (I'm sure it is but I'm anal, sorry)

4. Mine looked "tired" like yours for a short period as well. When they are first starting the clones will look tired/ droopy like that. It's perfectly normal as they try to kick off... but as the roots grow...they will really start reaching for the light. They look fine.

5. What timer cycle are you running right now?

6. Mine popped roots on the 6th day. Something for you to note and use as a guideline.

Good luck!

Agreed in that no nutes are needed if you have no roots to absorb them. If you want to add something, a vitamin B-1 solution for plants can help encourage root development. Also, pH is important when you have nutrients flowing, but if you just use plain water, it won't matter much. Wet, dark, and warm are the ideal conditions for root stimulation and development. You may want to consider not running any nutrient chillers until you have some good roots going first. What do you think 420fied?

PPM 1100 ouch. but its no AN so I think it will be ok. There are 6inch roots. These are a few weeks old with a pretty large root system for these little guys. I washed 95% of the dirt away and all the dirt is gone since i did a nut change. Water is running 10 on 20 off right now. ph is 5.9 1000 watt light dropped 18 inches above plants. running 24/7 as of now. Need to go to home depot or something for the timer, to 18/6 then 12/12 of course later. Im using b-1 right now. Im following https://www.technaflora.com/sharedfiles/Canadian2007.pdf keep the info coming teach me teach me! thanks for all the support so far. Jets are hitting the net. the clones are in rock wool cubes that fit in the net with 6 inch roots around them.

oh comcast is our internet/tv provider. ATT here we come.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire you go! Really, it is pick your poison. I have ATT Uverse for my phone and internet. Great bandwidth.

Well if you have roots then things change. I am curious to see how roots that developed in soil handle the switch. There is a lot of symbiotic relationships between the roots and the microbial life in the soil. This drastically changes by going to hydro and can be a real shock to them. If they make it though, the growth should subsequently take off.

1100 PPM? Why so high?

I've run an EC well over 2.0 for most of my grow without deleterious effect on my grow. I do have 5 different components going into the mix that elevates the reading beyond what my base nutrients would show though. I know that if I can have my nutrients at least initially higher than they need to be, I can get a longer time cushion before a nutrient can become deficient.

I do agree that the least amount of nutrients that can be used to grow a healthy crop is the ideal goal regarding efficiency of resources.

JohnnyDetroit - I looked at that Technaflora chart and I noticed they are using a very strange .55 conversion rate for EC. I don't know of a meter that handles that conversion rate. Are you using a TDS pen to measure dissolved solids? Does it read in PPM or EC? If PPM, do you know how it handles the conversion rate? There are different ones unfortunately so you need to know what your pen converts at to calculate back what the EC value of your solution is. Only that calculated EC value can be compared to this chart from Technaflora.

I have the basic Hanna Primo TDS meter (its a blue model) and it has a conversion rate at .5 (read this as 500). If I had a reading of 1100PPM, I would divide that by 500 to get the EC value of 2.2. See how that is different than what the veg nute schedule shows (EC=2.0). If I used my meter with this schedule and nutes, I would actually want to have my meter display a PPM reading of 1000 (plus whatever my source water's PPM reading was).

So, sorry for the long post, but if you use a manufacturer's guideline with regards to concentrations, ALWAYS go by the EC value.

I too have a Hanna meter. I used gallon jugs so I know there is excatly 15 gallons, and I used ML for measuring the nutrients. The guide I'm going with says 1100 for the nutrients is perfect for what they recommend. All in all I keep hearing different things. Lets all hope I did it right. I know its a big learning curve but I'm here to share and learn. Anyways I droped all the different nutrients in and it is with in 100ppm of what they said it would be, so I am assuming on the chart I'm correct. Lets wait a day or to and hope they bounce back. I'll be honest they look dry, shriveled and sad.

10:30pm 55% humidity, 68 deg nutrients, 77 deg room temp. ph 5.9

Back
Top Bottom