4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

Re: 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200 Watts)

Awesome grow 420fied. I just came across your journal and I must say you got your sh!t together with your growing skills!!!!! I give you many reps++++ for a job well done...

You have enough meds to last you for a very long time and I envy you... The buds look big and juicy and the hash looks good enough to eat......

:bongrip: some for me

Thanks for the kind words my friend. I wish I could share some with all of you. Please check out my current Hempy journal in the grow journal forum.

It's called "Blue Planet Nutrients Hempy SOG".

;)

Hey 420fied im disappointed that i missed this gem of a grow right under my nose. Beautiful scrog :bravo: and very inspiring diy set up. Thanks to you and SteveHman I think im going to put some blueprints for an NFT sometime in the future. I love the DIY 50 site cloner too. Great contributions. +REPS for the help. Cant wait to see your next plans. I will make a brief visit to your hempy sog before i hit the sheets.

hey there 420fied , very nice setup man, and a very beautiful grow jorunal,
i just hope someday ill be able to grow something like u did,
anyway hope im not bothering u that much but i tried to pm you but i wasnt able to do it, anyways ill try and ask u a question here ,
i just started a grow journal, but i dont know how to put at my signature the link of my grow journal, to be able to see someone to have more views, because more views means more help with my grow and everyone else, hope u take a look at my grow journal and let me know what u think,
thanks in advance bro and again very nice setup

edzzi

Hey 420fied im disappointed that i missed this gem of a grow right under my nose. Beautiful scrog :bravo: and very inspiring diy set up. Thanks to you and SteveHman I think im going to put some blueprints for an NFT sometime in the future. I love the DIY 50 site cloner too. Great contributions. +REPS for the help. Cant wait to see your next plans. I will make a brief visit to your hempy sog before i hit the sheets.

Thank you my friend. I love helping fellow growers. You're always welcome in my grow journals. May all your buds be dense.

hey there 420fied , very nice setup man, and a very beautiful grow jorunal,
i just hope someday ill be able to grow something like u did,
anyway hope im not bothering u that much but i tried to pm you but i wasnt able to do it, anyways ill try and ask u a question here ,
i just started a grow journal, but i dont know how to put at my signature the link of my grow journal, to be able to see someone to have more views, because more views means more help with my grow and everyone else, hope u take a look at my grow journal and let me know what u think,
thanks in advance bro and again very nice setup

edzzi

Thanks for the kind words edzzi.

I'll check out your grow journal for sure. I'm not sure how to link my grows either as someone did mine for me...lol. If you go to the FAQ forum, I'm sure someone on the staff will help you out. Best of luck my friend.

hey first off good job on that grow.... i know it was 2 years ago but i had a question about the size of the pipe you used....

when you harvested this crop i noticed the size of the roots and how they were literally packed in there. the question is, when packed that tightly into the pipe, exactly how effective do you think the sprayers were? seems to me the sprayers would be too covered in roots, thus inhibiting its ability to saturate the upper root zone. as an aero/hydro is supposed to do... now OBVIOUSLY something was working right, otherwise i dont think the roots would have been so massive....

the other question, do you think you could have benefited from a larger diameter pipe? or perhaps other container allowing more of the upper root zone to be suspended? seems that might allow greater saturation from solution being sprayed, then solution runs down the remaining root system.

of all the journals i have studied, the setups with these pipes going into the res at the end seem to make the most sense to me... the only thing that doesnt calculate is the diameter (or overall internal space) of 4" pipe.... doesnt seem like 5" dia. would quite accomplish what im thinking about.... stackable buckets with sprayers inside seem to keep popping into my head...

any ideas would be appreciated, thanks....

looks like 12" PVC here, definitely enough upper root suspended, with remaining roots laying in flowing solution....
untitled224.jpg

hey first off good job on that grow.... i know it was 2 years ago but i had a question about the size of the pipe you used....

when you harvested this crop i noticed the size of the roots and how they were literally packed in there. the question is, when packed that tightly into the pipe, exactly how effective do you think the sprayers were? seems to me the sprayers would be too covered in roots, thus inhibiting its ability to saturate the upper root zone. as an aero/hydro is supposed to do... now OBVIOUSLY something was working right, otherwise i dont think the roots would have been so massive....

the other question, do you think you could have benefited from a larger diameter pipe? or perhaps other container allowing more of the upper root zone to be suspended? seems that might allow greater saturation from solution being sprayed, then solution runs down the remaining root system.

of all the journals i have studied, the setups with these pipes going into the res at the end seem to make the most sense to me... the only thing that doesnt calculate is the diameter (or overall internal space) of 4" pipe.... doesnt seem like 5" dia. would quite accomplish what im thinking about.... stackable buckets with sprayers inside seem to keep popping into my head...

any ideas would be appreciated, thanks....

Thanks for the kind words and for checking out my journal. Good question about the upper root zone. The roots were packed in but they only filled about 1/2 of the 4" pipe. The sprayers still had clearance. Not much but a little. The roots seemed to be getting enough spray as they were nice and white when I extracted them from the pipes but to your thought..... if I were to build this system again, I'd definitely go with 6" PVC or larger. The picture you posted looks like 8"+ to me. That's a very nice setup.

I'm not clear on exactly what your vision is with the stackable buckets but all I can tell you is to go for it. Journal your project and leave a link here so I can look in and give advice if needed. I wish you the very best of luck my friend.

i just started a grow journal, but i dont know how to put at my signature the link of my grow journal

Go to your User CP page. Click the Edit Signature link on the left. Type whatever you want to display in your .SIG. Copy the actual link to the first page of your grow journal. Highlight the text (when editing your .SIG) that you wish to make a link to your journal and then click on the Insert Link icon and paste the actual link into the box that pops up and then save your .SIG.

in regards to your thread
4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200 Watts)

can you please tell me where you sourced the neoprene you used for the pot insets and the 1/4 inch bushings used to bush the 1/4 inch line feeding the sprayers.
could you also elaborate on the importance of a chiller in your system as i am not currently able to afford one myself.
i am currently designing a system myself and amassing components.

in regards to your thread
4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200 Watts)

can you please tell me where you sourced the neoprene you used for the pot insets and the 1/4 inch bushings used to bush the 1/4 inch line feeding the sprayers.
could you also elaborate on the importance of a chiller in your system as i am not currently able to afford one myself.
i am currently designing a system myself and amassing components.

2" neoprene inserts = Ebay
When you say bushings are you referring to the brass tees that the lines run out of or the rubber grommits that sit where the 1/4" lines run into the PVC pipes?

The chiller is very important. If your res gets hot (75* or hotter) it will promote disease/algae/root rot. Keep your res cool and you'll avoid those problems.

When you say bushings are you referring to the brass tees that the lines run out of or the rubber grommits that sit where the 1/4" lines run into the PVC pipes?

the rubber grommets that sit where the 1/4" lines run into the PVC pipes.

a question about the spacing between net pot sites. would you still drill them 1 foot between sites as you did originally or change the spacing? would you still build the scrog screen with 14 inches above the tubes or allow more or less space as well?

a question about the spacing between net pot sites. would you still drill them 1 foot between sites as you did originally or change the spacing? would you still build the scrog screen with 14 inches above the tubes or allow more or less space as well?

If I did it again I'd still leave a foot between plants if I were going to scrog them and if I were I'd leave the 14" as that worked well.

However, one could drill holes every 4" and run an SOG type setup straight to 12/12 but that would mean running many more lines so there would be added expense.

If I built this system again I would design it differently. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.... lol

Time for the first update on the 2 outdoor plants:

Here's plant 1 on the day that I planted it outside(June 7th)

p1far.jpg

Here it is today(June 22nd)

out_p1_day15.jpg

Plant 2 was a sickly little thing when I put it out on the 7th

p2close.jpg

However, she looked fabulous today

out_p2_day15.jpg

I fed both of them some Jack's Classic 30-10-10 Orchid Special. Both plants are about 30inches tall. I was surprised to see that they were in such great shape. Boy what a bonus these two plants are going to make for!!!!

lmao for real! looks like you fed those things straight steroids hahaha, i wish my indoor could do that!.. more light and more power?? haha. yeah i know, never gonna happen :( lol

If I did it again I'd still leave a foot between plants if I were going to scrog them and if I were I'd leave the 14" as that worked well.

However, one could drill holes every 4" and run an SOG type setup straight to 12/12 but that would mean running many more lines so there would be added expense.

If I built this system again I would design it differently. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.... lol

may i ask what you would change or do diferently?

may i ask what you would change or do diferently?

1. I'd go bigger(more sites) See Mr. Smith's current grow.
2. I'd use 6" PVC
3. I'd replace the 1/4" vinyl hoses that run to my sprayers with some 1/2" PVC pipe. (I'd change the design a little bit)
4. I'd use a larger res

Just things like that. Thanks for stopping by.

Back
Top Bottom