4x4 tent using indo1200W CREE Full Spectrum COB LED bright white light

sharpgfx

420 Member
I bought a new indo 4x4 tent it came with an indo 1200W CREE Full Spectrum COB LED it gives off a very bright white light has anyone else used one of these lights? I was trying to find out if this light would provide enough light in a 4x4 tent to grow plants to maturity. This a brand new light and gives off a very bright completely white light I have had many people tell me this is a blurple but when I kept reading I saw someone say a blurple gives off a blue purple light this light is white. So I don't know if it is a blurple? I have also had people tell me that this light would hardly be enough light to even grow one plant that it would work to veg stage but it would never even flower one plant. I know their are many led lights and they are getting much better I think the only way to know what this light will actually do is to find someone who has used this light. I am new to trying to do this and I do not want to start out with a completely inadequate light that can not even get one plant to grow properly.

The light is not powerful enough to flower the whole tent. It only draws 300W from the wall. You need at least 30W from the wall per square foot, so about 500W. This is a minimum figure.

It's definitely not a 'blurple.' A blurple's color is due to the almost total lack of any light in the green/yellow part of the spectrum.

That light is good for about 1/2 of your tent in flower. It's roughly equal to the Mars Hydro SP-250. The SP-250 does have a few LEDs to enhance parts of its spectrum.

The only negative comment I have is its size. I much prefer lights that are physically larger, or multiple lower wattage lights. That allows a more even coverage of the tent. My first few grows were under a 'blurple', with the same wattage and physical size as the Indo. It also had six COBs. I grew four plants with eight colas each in a 2' X 4' tent. The plants in the middle under the light had 40% more bud weight than the two closest to the sides for every grow. I pulled 5.1 oz from the tent my first grow, and this increased to almost 8oz as my skills improved.

Since this light is roughly half of what I should have If I put this light in the middle of my 4x4 tent what kind of extra lighting should I buy to fill out the rest of my tent with enough light. I could put bulbs in the corners but what kind of bulbs should I buy to keep my costs as low as possible? If 30w per sq foot is the min what is the best amount to use for the best results. If I bought 4 75w decent grow bulbs that would give me 600w. Would this get me closer to where I need to be. I want to get my lighting in place before I start also I could use the smaller bulbs for germinating my seeds and the first couple weeks so I do not fry them. Any suggestions would be helpful.

It depends on the grow bulbs. The 30W/ sq ft is for good LED lighting. I'd do a small grow in half of your tent rather than buy cheap lighting. I'd save or use my tax refund to buy something good.

If you go with the bulbs, try a few configurations. Use an app for your smartphone to measure the light in your tent on a 6" (15cm) grid. Find what gives you the most even light across the tent and use that one. Another option to the corners is inline for half the tent. Hint: you'll only need to do this for 1/4 or 1/2 of the tent in one corner or side. You can reflect the values you measured around the axis.

Thanks Guys I think for now I will just try and do 2 plants with the light I have and save up to buy another one in the future. If I am going to germinate just 2 seeds how big of a bulb would be enough light to get a couple of seeds started using jiffy pellet greenhouse. I have a 60w incandescent but I do not know if that will be enough heat and light to keep them warm enough and get them started. I have also read that some people put them under 24 hr of light till they sprout and others say they need indirect light not to bright. Its a bit confusing. Also how far above my little plastic garden should I keep my bulb? Or should I just go buy a CFL I plant to try a northern lights moc and a big bud xxl to start. Once they pop up I was going to move them directly to my pots and put half a 2 litre pop bottle over them for protection till they can handle my light. Any advice would be appreciated I am using feminized seeds also.

The seeds should germinate in darkness. First after they sprout and they get their first little round leaves will they need light. Try to keep them at 25 degrees C until they sprout.

Back
Top Bottom