5 Strawberry Banana From DNA Genetics

Looks good, Bro! Did you flip them, yet?
Yeah i flipped on the 18th. They all have pre flowers. Ive kind of made this thread a comparison between LED and HPS. Its interesting to see the differences between the two. I honestly thought that HPS was gonna walk away with it, but im not entirely sold. The best plant right now is under LED

Its interesting to run this grow with HPS... ive seen the obvious benefits, the footprint, and the penetration, but the negatives such as heat and burn if i have the ballast turned up a notch too high or light fixture too low. My Black Dogs would bleach leaves if they were ever closer than 18 inches. I guess thats sort of the same thing.

If i compare the 4 plants under the HPS to the little LED plant in the closet i see the 4 are behind the in the flowering stage. They are preflowering, but the top count isnt the same. There appears to be far more under the LED, and the plant is generally "happier" looking. (This wasnt always the case. It grew for a little bit with a Micro deficiency) The plants under HPS are doing fine. They are physically larger, but nothing too crazy regarding the speed and happiness of these plants.

Theres still a ways to go. These HPS plants could pull it out with quality, or quantity. Im sure they will do well, but which light will prevail? Stay tuned.

I made some Rick Simpson Oil out of a large Mason jar and a half out of old, small, no bueno bud. This material was decarboxilated and processed with almost a gallon of pure alcohol. Theres quite a bit to this if anyone is interested i will go into it in detail.

The capsules are OO sized and almost too big. These things are absolute ass kickers. If your at home and bored you will definately take a nap. If your out... Disneyland for instance the high will last AT LEAST 6 hours if not 8. All this came from the larfy crap that makes up the bottom of your harvest. I love this shit.

I have some friends that are just starting to grow. They have 2 locations, 1 in Socal, the other is out of state. They asked me to come along to harvest the room out of state. When i got there i found the were leaving the cloth pots in nutrient water. The plants were loaded down with undersized and larfy bud. They ended up with almost exactly 1 pound of bud but it isnt very good.

Here are mine. I spent a week away helping my buddies at their grow, the time away did us both some good. Lots of tops in full flower (still young, but they are going for it). The plants under different lights and growing very differently. The LED (pink light) plant is doing very well tons of tops that seem to be growing faster than the HPS, but you can tell the buds under HPS are going to be much bigger. HPS plants have a lot more frost than the LED. Its getting exciting

Here are mine. I spent a week away helping my buddies at their grow, the time away did us both some good. Lots of tops in full flower (still young, but they are going for it). The plants under different lights and growing very differently. The LED (pink light) plant is doing very well tons of tops that seem to be growing faster than the HPS, but you can tell the buds under HPS are going to be much bigger. HPS plants have a lot more frost than the LED. Its getting exciting

Hello there stranger! Plants are looking fantastic! So many buds! Good to see you still at it. Hope you’re well brother. Happy growing!!

The Freak is back! Haunting the halls of the 420 mothership!

Im doing well. Using HPS and LED on this one. How are you? Are you growing?

The Freak is back! Haunting the halls of the 420 mothership!

Im doing well. Using HPS and LED on this one. How are you? Are you growing?
I sure am! Link in sig. I’m actually using HID and LED as well! We’ll see how it goes. I’m curious about the comparison you’ve got going. They both look great! Yeaaaahh.. I took some time off, but things are legal here now and I missed it! So I’m back. Hopefully for good.

Plants are really coming along. Its interesting to see how far along the closet (LED) plant is. All the plants are the same age, but the closet plant has more buds, and appears to be older. The closet has a very strong floral scent reminiscent of a Magnolia. The HPS plants are also doing well. The buds are going to be much bigger even though there are less of them. The trichomes on one of the HPS plants are pretty crazy already.

I hope yall enjoy the pics. I have about 5 weeks left. The LED plant may get harvested sooner, we shall see.

I definitely see what you mean about the LED plant looking "older". Thats actually really interesting. Im curious how the trichs will develop compared to the HPS. Very cool. Plants are looks awesome as always dude! Happy growing :)
Everything is smaller with the LED plant. Its not tall, the leaves are half the size of the others, and the buds are gonna be much smaller than the HPS bunch. But, its going off right now and it can only get better unless I blow it. This is how it always goes in the closet. Smaller plants, but it normally does pretty well. Heres another plant from the closet.

Some night shots. For those who dont take night shots i recommend it, it works very well by making your buds look much larger than they do with the lights on. Trichomes shine and look pretty cool. Enjoy

THERES SOMETHING YOU GOTTA KNOW!!!

Do not use a flash on your plants after they have been asleep for a while. Do it right after your light goes out at night, or first thing in the morning. The problem is called photosensativity and can shutdown flower for good.

So stoned right now

Ladies and gentlemen i may have blown it bigtime. This morning i went to my shed and the door to my growroom was open. Everything looked ok, the lights were on and the fans buzzing, but the light coming through the door from the outside may have seriously disrupted my photo schedule. The lights usually start at 8am. Im worried budding has been compromised... we will see.

So here they are. Just basic pics much like the last.

Man i sure hope this works out

Back
Top Bottom