7 1/2 foot tall sativa - Organic outdoor grow flowering

you could use a piece of tape to cover it up easily, or just look at it twice a day to see if anything is trying feed off the cut site, or burrow into it.
Let us know how the 'hitch hiker' branch turns out =p

so heres the branch, i still have some trimming to do but that will be finished tomorrow, just to get an idea of the size of this plant that is only a medium sized secondary branch there is probably 10-20 branches on the plant that are about 6-12 inches longer than that and 10-20 branches that are shorter not including the 5 main tops to the plant that are about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 feet long, the branch hanging now is about 18 inches long so imagine 15-20 branches that size or bigger and about 35-45 total branches

FullSizeRender2.jpg
IMG_66444.JPG

Just remember, doing a quick dry like that with the fan on it, you're going to have a slight bit of harshness, factor that in when you take a sample ^.^

The finished cured smoke is always 100% better. Also, giving your buds a good wash using Doc's washing method will do a lot for the smoke as well as the dry/cure process.
Bud Washing

alright everyone drum roll i took a bud off near the top of the plant to check the trichomes and they are about 45%-60% cloudy, tomorrow im going to take a few more buds off from the sides and lower part of the plant to check them and if they are the same then friday i will do another check, and if all looks good shes coming down either friday morning or saturday morning, probably friday morning though

:high-five::circle-of-love::cheer::rollit::party::tokin::adore::allgood::goof::woohoo:

excitement :)

Awesome man! Make sure you snap as many pics as humanly possible!
I bet you'll be counting down the hours til harvest now :bravo:

What do you think the dry weight is gonna be?

oh i am lol and i will take a bunch cant wait to have a pic of all of the branches hanging!! and if i put a guess on it (having 40+ branches on the plant) im going to say at least 6 ounces, 10 is the number ive been hoping for since it got so big but we will see ill try and post wet weight but i will for sure post dry weight

I'm gonna say 10.7oz dry. Who ever ends up the farthest off, has to take two bowls to the dome =p (everyone throws their guesses wayyyyy off)

*bowls not included

all buds checked and all buds are right around 60% cloudy as of today so it will come down tomorrow morning :):):):) that should also give it a little more time to cloud up more idk all i know is it has to come down tomorrow :) ill be back with pics and reports as i get time, otherwise i want to thank ANTICS and CONRADINO23 as they have been the main 2 people to help along the last 12 weeks, otherwise everyone else who has given advise and comments thank you as well, wish i could share with everyone.

well i have to work till 8:30 in the morning, im going to take it down when i get home. i have read a bunch of controversy about day or night harvesting, and ive come to the conclusion that its a personal preference really, i feel like it wont be affected to dramatically if i cut it early in the morning (its the only time i can) plus i have to take it down otherwise it has to go another week and i dont think that would be a good idea....

It is preference, but you seriously do get better taste out of em' if you harvest before the first light. Just something to keep in back of your mind for future grows.
I'm going to be online early as hell tomorrow waiting on your thread like camping out inline for concert tickets =p

Back
Top Bottom