906 Cabin Fever Sour Daddy Auto Experiment

vtwin906

First hempy grow.

Because I am in a rental townhouse through this winter this is a single seed effort to entertain myself and minimize odor that would accompany the preferred gender expression. Since the neighbor (I am in the end unit) will not have open windows for several months and this is a fast finishing auto, I may be able to harvest without moving the plant elsewhere.... in freezing weather. Stay tuned.

The seed is a Sour Daddy Auto by new420guy (Sour 60 x GDP Blast), a new mostly indica auto-flowering strain, produces a medium yield at around 35-125 grams per plant. This strain was bred for speed and potency using Sour 60's fast genes and GDP Blast's potency genes. Flowering period is about 60 days from seed. There are two distinct phenotypes, the Donkey Dong and the Purple. Donkey Dong completes with only a few buds and one huge fat cola. The Purple completes with lots of dense frosty very purple buds similar to a mini Purple Kush.

Jan 9, noon: the seed went into distilled water for approx 30 hrs then transfer to wet paper towel with the tap root barely visible.

Jan 12, 6am: moved seed into hempy solo cup, tap root extended and very curly.

weed.jpg

Hi
Is that big foot on your avatar? Nice tattoo :)
I love to join in :)

yes AB , that is BF, trekking across the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Had it done in Thailand just last winter, little kids were always pointing at it when I went to the markets. Never had a tat until I was 71yrs old, then ended up with 13 of them over the 6 months we were there, my wife was digging them but I couldn't get her to sign up. My other foot got a trout and a fish hawk, there's a couple deer and a howling wolf on my back... never paid more than $20.

My single seed experiment seems to have taken a turn for the worse this morning. It had shed the shell and very tiny 2nd leaves had started yesterday morning but the tap root had continued to curl and was partially exposed above the perlite. I covered it up and adjusted the sprout and put a 9w led a few inches above it, removing the plastic dome which was probably a mistake as this morning it has not opened further or grown more and the color appears darker so I replaced the dome and move the light higher and soaked another seed. The Sour Daddy seeds are very small, I think I will put this next one in a peat pellet when it cracks and place the pellet in the perlite as it should help with humidity. It is very dry here and even the plastic dome did not appear very damp while it was in place, the perlite might not have been able to wick up enough water.... I may put another hole in the solo cup a bit higher and tape over the lower hole until I see good growth.

Well, at 71 one can say you are mature enough to decide for a tattoo :).
I'm 49 and still thinking of making one :).
It is never to late. I have decided on my kids names in a design. The design is the problem :)
You did soak the Hempy before adding seed. Right?.
It is warm enough in the room?
Place the cup near a radiator and for more humidity, mist inside of dome.
The tap root wasn't brownish or black right?
A healthy tap root is whitish towards light yellow.
T leave the hole as is. Tap root is just digging down, as long as leaves are green you are juuuust fine.
@Orlando Scout is aother member from your parts of the map :)

Well, at 71 one can say you are mature enough to decide for a tattoo :).
I'm 49 and still thinking of making one :).
It is never to late. I have decided on my kids names in a design. The design is the problem :)
You did soak the Hempy before adding seed. Right?.
It is warm enough in the room?
Place the cup near a radiator and for more humidity, mist inside of dome.
The tap root wasn't brownish or black right?
A healthy tap root is whitish towards light yellow.
T leave the hole as is. Tap root is just digging down, as long as leaves are green you are juuuust fine.
@Orlando Scout is aother member from your parts of the map :)

Yes I soaked the seed until it cracked and I could see white inside... about 30 hrs.
The room temp varies from 71 to 75 depending on outdoor temp/wind. I do have a mister on my shopping list now ....
I didn't look at the root today, yesterday it looked normal but very small and curly, I'll just leave it alone for another couple days. If it shows no further growth I will just go with another seed. I don't really want this strain for smoke, they are free seeds so glad just to have something to pass time waiting for spring.

I searched online for tattoo images then touched them up, re-sized, and printed them for tracing at the shop which was included in the price. We are thinking about going back for the wife's 70th birthday in 2 yrs.... I'd probably get a few more. Bangkok pollution is surpassing the worst cities in the world, we would not stay more than a month next time. Family (in-laws) lives far enough east of the metro area to be out of the worst concentrations but still very unhealthy.

This was yesterday .... this time of year there is almost never more than 5mph wind to disperse the particulates. All the largest cities have the same problem, no emission restrictions or regulation.

Wow bro thats terrible we take the fresh air in Northern Mi for granite. I think its bada$$ your getting tatoos in your 70s. My best friend just turned 70 and for some odd reason he wanted to get tatoos together. He got a good size tat of a tanker on his for arm and I got a Cav Scout on a stallion. It wasnt my first I have a whole sleeve and both legs tatted but it was his first.
Wish we were closer would love to me another like minded soul around here.

Wow bro thats terrible we take the fresh air in Northern Mi for granite. I think its bada$$ your getting tatoos in your 70s. My best friend just turned 70 and for some odd reason he wanted to get tatoos together. He got a good size tat of a tanker on his for arm and I got a Cav Scout on a stallion. It wasnt my first I have a whole sleeve and both legs tatted but it was his first.
Wish we were closer would love to me another like minded soul around here.

TC is only 5 hrs south from me.... there's an rv campground along Lake Superior just 1/4 mile from my driveway.

TC is only 5 hrs south from me.... there's an rv campground along Lake Superior just 1/4 mile from my driveway.
That could be a great get together spot, I would love to meet some of you guys and spend a weekend smoking relaxing and telling stories. Maybe even swap some genetics and of course share our bounties with eachother!! I would be totally down for something like that.

That could be a great get together spot, I would love to meet some of you guys and spend a weekend smoking relaxing and telling stories. Maybe even swap some genetics and of course share our bounties with eachother!! I would be totally down for something like that.

By summer there should be many more Yoopers in this forum, maybe we could initiate an annual 'Up North' get-together/swap meet. I have a website ( YooperNet ) I could set something up for registrations, etc.

That would be absolutely amazing bro!! I would love to meet some like minded people in person. We will for sure have to try setting something up. Count my wife and I in and I'm sure my 70yr old buddy would love to come as well.

I found a better fitting dome for the solo ( 1L Tonic water bottle) , makes for less surface evaporation from the perlite. after just a couple hrs 'Curly' is starting to straighten up a bit. I'm thinking the best bet is a 2L soda jug that completely encloses the solo cup, will have to pick up more tonic water in the bigger size.

IMG_20190115_104758612.jpg
IMG_20190115_104849227.jpg

That would be absolutely amazing bro!! I would love to meet some like minded people in person. We will for sure have to try setting something up. Count my wife and I in and I'm sure my 70yr old buddy would love to come as well.

August is normally the killer month for U.P. weather, foliage isn't even greened up until June around here. Have had plenty very cold/wet/windy 4th of July days over the years, and never count out snow on Walleye opener (5/15).

Wow I had family that lived in Newberry, I've witnessed some of the crazy U.P. weather. Where I live we have the Greatest 4th of the North to many tourist for me, but its normally crazy hot. Its wild how much our weather differs from one another.

Wow I had family that lived in Newberry, I've witnessed some of the crazy U.P. weather. Where I live we have the Greatest 4th of the North to many tourist for me, but its normally crazy hot. Its wild how much our weather differs from one another.

Lake Superior has a great influence on the weather around here right at the shore. I used to be big into fishing, kept a boat in the marina for almost 20 yrs when I was making good money. Just retired last September, now we live on SS and hope we don't need to dip into savings very often. My energy levels aren't what they used to be so I will be content now to tend to whatever gardening I can accomplish, I have a sadly neglected 1 1/4 acre lot that needs a lot of attention.

Ya Hey! as they say in the U.P. ... I will be encouraged to keep the updates rolling along, this is such an awesome way to fight cabin fever.
How bad is the snow by the big lake this year? We've got the cold in the mid-state LP, but almost no snow.

Back
Top Bottom