A Stoorish Hobbit & His Lair

Hey Smeegs, I Just came in for an update. its been a busy winter here and I have not been keeping up on journals. I hope your back mends well and you can get back at it in the garden soon. I re-vegged the two Alaskan Purples from the Seedsman grow and I was not sorry. They were not doing very well last summer due to excess nitrogen, but instead of composting them I gave them a good trim and threw them back into veg. I just harvested them a week ago and have them drying low and slow in the fridge right now. I'm looking forward to a smoke test.

Hey Smeegs, I Just came in for an update. its been a busy winter here and I have not been keeping up on journals. I hope your back mends well and you can get back at it in the garden soon. I re-vegged the two Alaskan Purples from the Seedsman grow and I was not sorry. They were not doing very well last summer due to excess nitrogen, but instead of composting them I gave them a good trim and threw them back into veg. I just harvested them a week ago and have them drying low and slow in the fridge right now. I'm looking forward to a smoke test.
Afternoon mr.Squatch I found soft spot for the Alaskan purple softy that I am but I'm glad I did cause she produced some lovely flowers indeed, my backs coming along slowly this time round and I'm taking real easy as i want to be growing for many years to come still.....

I just tried a nice healthy bud from one of my re-vegged AP's last night. It was Stellar.

Morning mr.Squatch I sadly finished my AP bout a month back and the AP reveg in the garden is coming along nicely with this beautiful ( fooking hot ) weather we've been having...haha, I took a cpl clones of the AP as well so it will be a cracking summer...

So since everyone in South Africa is in the growing mood and new products are abounding and I started socializing abit more and making new mateys @Dkmg01 @Rhys777 i reckoned I'll start an honest day's journaling my brother from a differing mothers nutrient range that he's been working on the last cpl years aimed at the cannabis market which he's been show casing on social media over the last year.

I've been trialing it in my garden over the last 6 months opposed to the other nute range which I bought 7 months ago but I guess that's what we do for our mates...

#SwampJuice......:passitleft:

SwampJuice is a salt based 6 part nutrient plant feed for hydro, coco and soil if you so choose I've been using it in my outdoor garden and have been very impressed with the growth and size of my girls especially as a most of them were naturally revegged outdoors this season with the help of my cousin due to my shite back.

Swamp juice comes in a 2 part grow and bloom and has been tailored made to encompass everything a plant needs from seed to harvest, then we have #GatorSkin which is a liquid blend of potassium and silicate aimed at strengthening the inner workings of the the plants structure so stalk n stems and hardiness I hope. And last up is #SwampFire which is a liquid blend of phosphorous, potassium, micro nutrients and natural plant elements designed to boost resin production during flower.

Fans / 1x Hydor HIMF100S ( not in use yet ), pedestal fan and a box fan.
Lights - 2x 130w 6500k qb v2.
Medium - Coco
Nutrients - Swampjuice
Strains/Clones - Gold Cheese, Alaskan Purple, Blue Kush, Inzane in the Membrane, C99xBlueberry X LuckyStar and Hulkberry ( popping taproot out as I type ).

They all reside in a 2.4m by 1.2m tent at present and if it's sunny out I treat them to glorious days of summer sun and when wet I keep them in the tent, everything is in veg at the moment as this is my 1st proper attempt where all the forces are finally in alignment.....:cheer:to hopefully grow some yummy indoor, I'm adding a 2nd tent which will be solely for flowering in to get a perpetual going.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The nutes.....

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And my side heavy Blue Kush....haha

Need to tidy up the wiring and the tuck away the multi plug but I'm waiting on some Inzane and Blue Kush clones to root in my old grow/veg box because I want tto transfer the 3x 50w LED floods I've been using over all the clones which will be in the next day or 2 then I'll add a cross bar/conduit across the middle back section of the tent where I'll attach the multi plugs and miscellaneous wiring..

image.jpeg

Blue Kush clone by Dinafem.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

C99 X Blueberry reveg..

I had to trim her down keeping the the growing branches I want, I also picked up some spider mites a week back which I've been treating with a garlic extract based spray called Margret Roberts which happy to say has been working but Ill be adding my tabacco, dishwashing liquid, olive/cooking oil just to keep the buggers on their toes...

And lastly is just a pic of my veg/clone box which is in need of some love and attention in the coming weeks once the new tent arrives.....

image.jpeg

Have a blessed evening.....and keep your preciousis close......:thanks:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    804.8 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    541.8 KB · Views: 31
Smeegs that's looking awesome man, super keen to follow this indoor grow along and maybe even give those nutes a try.... Are they available yet?

Next grow im going to try out some coco/perlite so will be picking up tips here

Smeegs that's looking awesome man, super keen to follow this indoor grow along and maybe even give those nutes a try.... Are they available yet?

Next grow im going to try out some coco/perlite so will be picking up tips here

They are available at a cpl outlets in Jozi, the only place I can recall right now is The VoodooShop and I think the other is the newly opened Toke House outside Pretoria I'll find out more for you in the morning also you can go onto the #SwampJuice page on fb and order through there or I can whatsapp my matey and arrange it for you when you decide to try it out one day....haha

Haha I'm going to order next week as I'm in need of some food for the girls I'm putting outside. They will need some chow in this hot African sun, thanks a lot man. Going to have a look online now

Lekker update Smeegs. Looking pretty Damn green around a your lair.
Good on you for supporting your homie.

Evening mr.Rugged ya we've become really close mates since my brother moved overseas last year and he's stepped in kind of like a big brother who gets the younger one into shit every so often....haha, his wife thinks his stories are rubbing off on me...... :laugh:

So since everyone in South Africa is in the growing mood and new products are abounding and I started socializing abit more and making new mateys @Dkmg01 @Rhys777 i reckoned I'll start an honest day's journaling my brother from a differing mothers nutrient range that he's been working on the last cpl years aimed at the cannabis market which he's been show casing on social media over the last year.

I've been trialing it in my garden over the last 6 months opposed to the other nute range which I bought 7 months ago but I guess that's what we do for our mates...

#SwampJuice......:passitleft:

SwampJuice is a salt based 6 part nutrient plant feed for hydro, coco and soil if you so choose I've been using it in my outdoor garden and have been very impressed with the growth and size of my girls especially as a most of them were naturally revegged outdoors this season with the help of my cousin due to my shite back.

Swamp juice comes in a 2 part grow and bloom and has been tailored made to encompass everything a plant needs from seed to harvest, then we have #GatorSkin which is a liquid blend of potassium and silicate aimed at strengthening the inner workings of the the plants structure so stalk n stems and hardiness I hope. And last up is #SwampFire which is a liquid blend of phosphorous, potassium, micro nutrients and natural plant elements designed to boost resin production during flower.

Fans / 1x Hydor HIMF100S ( not in use yet ), pedestal fan and a box fan.
Lights - 2x 130w 6500k qb v2.
Medium - Coco
Nutrients - Swampjuice
Strains/Clones - Gold Cheese, Alaskan Purple, Blue Kush, Inzane in the Membrane, C99xBlueberry X LuckyStar and Hulkberry ( popping taproot out as I type ).

They all reside in a 2.4m by 1.2m tent at present and if it's sunny out I treat them to glorious days of summer sun and when wet I keep them in the tent, everything is in veg at the moment as this is my 1st proper attempt where all the forces are finally in alignment.....:cheer:to hopefully grow some yummy indoor, I'm adding a 2nd tent which will be solely for flowering in to get a perpetual going.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The nutes.....

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And my side heavy Blue Kush....haha

Need to tidy up the wiring and the tuck away the multi plug but I'm waiting on some Inzane and Blue Kush clones to root in my old grow/veg box because I want tto transfer the 3x 50w LED floods I've been using over all the clones which will be in the next day or 2 then I'll add a cross bar/conduit across the middle back section of the tent where I'll attach the multi plugs and miscellaneous wiring..

image.jpeg

Blue Kush clone by Dinafem.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

C99 X Blueberry reveg..

I had to trim her down keeping the the growing branches I want, I also picked up some spider mites a week back which I've been treating with a garlic extract based spray called Margret Roberts which happy to say has been working but Ill be adding my tabacco, dishwashing liquid, olive/cooking oil just to keep the buggers on their toes...

And lastly is just a pic of my veg/clone box which is in need of some love and attention in the coming weeks once the new tent arrives.....

image.jpeg

Have a blessed evening.....and keep your preciousis close......:thanks:
Damn!!! Coming full blast with those seeds!!!

Haply to see the grow going up now.
I have the exact same fan and must say for my tent it really really works. Replaces very fast and sucks it in real good.

I love the blue Kush clone. That's going to be interesting to see grow considering how the mother looks.

Damn!!! Coming full blast with those seeds!!!

Haply to see the grow going up now.
I have the exact same fan and must say for my tent it really really works. Replaces very fast and sucks it in real good.

I love the blue Kush clone. That's going to be interesting to see grow considering how the mother looks.

Evening brother if by mother you talking about Amirs blue Kush on fb ( big Bertha ) she's abit out of control...haha he's built a 4000lt pot with square tubing which he put chicken mesh around if not mistaken and last week had a fabric bag to fit made which arrived last week, last pics I saw of her she was standing just above shoulder height and her outer branches were hanging just shy of the ground cause they getting long and gangly so he's planning his next move without saying much right now as he hasn't sent me any pics in about a week now.... :laugh:

Evening brother if by mother you talking about Amirs blue Kush on fb ( big Bertha ) she's abit out of control...haha he's built a 4000lt pot with square tubing which he put chicken mesh around if not mistaken and last week had a fabric bag to fit made which arrived last week, last pics I saw of her she was standing just above shoulder height and her outer branches were hanging just shy of the ground cause they getting long and gangly so he's planning his next move without saying much right now as he hasn't sent me any pics in about a week now.... :laugh:
Woah that's huge ass pot!!

Is your tent a 2.4m x 1.4m x 1.4m? That's the same size as mine and would be interesting to see something similar.

Are you going to invest in a feeding system for the plants or still hand water?

Woah that's huge ass pot!!

Is your tent a 2.4m x 1.4m x 1.4m? That's the same size as mine and would be interesting to see something similar.

Are you going to invest in a feeding system for the plants or still hand water?

Yip yip it's the same size tents brother I'd like to put in a feeding system one day but I don't mind hand feeding as I take them outside and feed them from 5lt bottles which I let stand out for a cpl days get rid of the chlorine and such then mix their feed into and water from there, it does take awhile but it keeps me busy and active and with my physio excercises I do everyday it's keeps me healthy and chipper I hope....haha

Yip yip it's the same size tents brother I'd like to put in a feeding system one day but I don't mind hand feeding as I take them outside and feed them from 5lt bottles which I let stand out for a cpl days get rid of the chlorine and such then mix their feed into and water from there, it does take awhile but it keeps me busy and active and with my physio excercises I do everyday it's keeps me healthy and chipper I hope....haha
I want to make a basic one that just feeds from a half cut 10L to some. Tubes or pvc pipes just to make things much easier. Are you not worried that taking in and out might affect the plant? Cause indoor the leaves are a Lil thinner than outdoors.

I want to make a basic one that just feeds from a half cut 10L to some. Tubes or pvc pipes just to make things much easier. Are you not worried that taking in and out might affect the plant? Cause indoor the leaves are a Lil thinner than outdoors.

To be honest I've never actually thought about it as I've been doing it as long as I've been growing last 2 years now ferrying them inside and out as I find I'm better able to control my light hours as needed and same hows goes for flowering. I've found/learnt that cannabis plants are truly a hardy plant and can take almost everything apart from being driven over and a cpl other misfortunes that come to mind but carrying them inside and out hasn't harmed them at all that I've seen and I'm sure mr.Shed would agree on this one... The only hassle that I find might throw a spanner in the works is the pollen that will be floating around from those who can't identify a male cannabis plant although Google is only a button away these days but everyone has to learn somehow sadly if it is to the detriment of other people's grows... I'm always keeping an eye out in my immediate neighborhood for those sneaky grows that the neighbors are doing outside where they think there is no direct line of sight from the road but none of them anticipate how big and bushy these plants can get and if you specifically looking for them you'll find them. A neighbor down the road called me yesterday to say his neighbor has a suspect male so I offered to replace it with one of my cheese clones if he yanks it out otherwise I'm going to go stealth on his ass. But what my brother did mention last year was he preferred growing outdoors during winter although you get a smaller harvest compared to a summer grow you don't have any pollen floating about or the bugs that come with growing in summer which I can attest to and a seed free flower.

To be honest I've never actually thought about it as I've been doing it as long as I've been growing last 2 years now ferrying them inside and out as I find I'm better able to control my light hours as needed and same hows goes for flowering. I've found/learnt that cannabis plants are truly a hardy plant and can take almost everything apart from being driven over and a cpl other misfortunes that come to mind but carrying them inside and out hasn't harmed them at all that I've seen and I'm sure mr.Shed would agree on this one... The only hassle that I find might throw a spanner in the works is the pollen that will be floating around from those who can't identify a male cannabis plant although Google is only a button away these days but everyone has to learn somehow sadly if it is to the detriment of other people's grows... I'm always keeping an eye out in my immediate neighborhood for those sneaky grows that the neighbors are doing outside where they think there is no direct line of sight from the road but none of them anticipate how big and bushy these plants can get and if you specifically looking for them you'll find them. A neighbor down the road called me yesterday to say his neighbor has a suspect male so I offered to replace it with one of my cheese clones if he yanks it out otherwise I'm going to go stealth on his ass. But what my brother did mention last year was he preferred growing outdoors during winter although you get a smaller harvest compared to a summer grow you don't have any pollen floating about or the bugs that come with growing in summer which I can attest to and a seed free flower.
Good morning brother.

I can imagine that a male can be so disaterous. I try and keep an eye out too.. About 10 houses away is a grower which I presumed to know a thing or two further up the road is not the same case. Lots of people are into it now and nutes fly off the shelves. Growing outdoors atleast you don't have frost. My plants will suffer if I put them outside.

I will agree on the fact it is very hardy. Must say more hardier than most plants. It is a weed after all haha. Hope you having a great morning

Hello so it's nice and sunny out 29c/17c so emptied the tent out and got the girls out by 8am which I was rather impressed with myself as they normally out by 9am so got a head start on my day..haha

So let me introduce you guys to " Hettie en' Kaknie " the newest addition to my brood....... :theband:
I chose to go with 2x fem Hulkberry by RQS cause of the OGK used in this cross as I'm paet of the OGK fan club the last 2 grows I've had with her and the other half of this royal merger is the strawberry diesel which I had going beginning of summer but gave her away as I thought I was going for a back op in December.....

Hettie en' Kaknie..........:passitleft::popcorn:

So my new favourite toy is these glue/jiffy plugs which is relatively new to the South African market as I've only started seeing folk using them within the last cpl months to be honest only other place I've seen being used was on here... And they are magic for starting seeds but most importantly is they are 10/10 in the stud rankings when it comes to rooting clones, a matey of mine in Jozi and myself are getting 90-100% roots showing in 8 days from cutting and I heard of a chap in eastern cape somewhere whose seeing roots on day 6 so I am well impressed.....

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I dropped them just after midday on Wednesday and pop them above the the microwave in a cupboard where I could watch to see the first tell tale signs of them cracking their nutshell and start peeking out with that blind eyed protuberance and start searching for the warm embrace of what has become affectionately known as the " naughty bits of a female " jiffy plugs between my matey and I....:laugh:

image.jpeg

Yesterday afternoon I saw that they were ready to slip between the silky smooth embrace of some kitchen towel and I popped them into a small tupperware and proceeded to place in the veg box above one of the 50w lights..

And this morning I found the taps had shot out just as I'd hoped....:cheer:

image.jpeg

I then got all my bits n bobs needed to remove the little buggers and now am awaiting their majestic appearance within the next day or so fingers crossed......

image.jpeg

So these were my chosen tools of happiness, I used the wooden skewer to enlargement the holes that come with the jiffy plugs as snapped a taproot with 1 of the c99blueberry X LuckyStar crosses I'm busy with...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I only went about 2-3cm down with the wooden skewer and then with my oafy fingers managed to drop Hettie en' Kaknie safely into their new abode.....:passitleft:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'm using a 50lt clear tote with a 5w led above for humidity that I use for my clones but luckily they don't have to share any space in the foreseeable future......

Have a blessed weekend guys I'm off to town as I need to do a spot of baking as I don't have any sugar free edibles only lots of sugar ones as I have to watch my sugar these days after finding out I'm prediabetic in December just before Xmas too sadly....haha

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom