Overlord's Lair

I'll double check on that, probably need to buy fresh bottles of GI, Trans and so on from Doc.
The bottles I have probably 2+ years old.

I hate to spend the money until I see how this pandemic crap pans out.
A couple of my bottles are that old and I haven't noticed any issues with them.

@Gazoo had this to say last summer in regards to shelf life...

DBHB SHELF LIFE Confirmation

Cooked Pro-Mix = 2 Years and Counting
Liquid Products = 1 Year + and Counting

Thinking about how long it has been since I purchased any product I looked back
in this thread and see it was Apr 19th 2017.

Knowing I Purchased 1 kit and then a BULK kit approx a year later, I can see now
how long its been on my shelf

At the present time I have not purchased Any PRO-MIX in 2 years,
At my current size grows I should have enough to last another 2 more

I just started my 4th kit grow using the same ORIGINALLY PURCHASED Pro-Mix.

I have previously Finished 2 First run Grows and 1 Second run, Just started the 2nd SECOND run Grow
so just Starting my 3rd year of same Soil Use.

After this current grow finishes I still have 3rd & 4th Runs to Mix and Cook from this
same original bail.
I will update in another 2 years for a final Conclusion ;)

LIQUID PRODUCT

As to the Liquid products. As best I can remember I ran out of some of the first Kit Liquid items
after my 2nd grow (40 gals of soil) took a little over a year for both runs.

CONFIRMED CONCLUSION: Liquid products in the KIT will last Over a Year and probably much
longer.

I re stocked with larger container amounts in the 2nd year so I will be back with the
Final conclusion in 2 more years, I expect to run-out of liquid product after 3 years of shelf life.

I only do 1.5 to 2 runs a year with 2 plants per grow in 10 gal plastic.
Works out to 40 gal of soil year
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
...I would say if stored properly(cool dry) you should be OK to use...cheerz... :high-five: :Namaste:...h00k...

@Gazoo had this to say last summer in regards to shelf life...

DBHB SHELF LIFE Confirmation

Cooked Pro-Mix = 2 Years and Counting
Liquid Products = 1 Year + and Counting

Thinking about how long it has been since I purchased any product I looked back
in this thread and see it was Apr 19th 2017.

Knowing I Purchased 1 kit and then a BULK kit approx a year later, I can see now
how long its been on my shelf

At the present time I have not purchased Any PRO-MIX in 2 years,
At my current size grows I should have enough to last another 2 more

I just started my 4th kit grow using the same ORIGINALLY PURCHASED Pro-Mix.

I have previously Finished 2 First run Grows and 1 Second run, Just started the 2nd SECOND run Grow
so just Starting my 3rd year of same Soil Use.

After this current grow finishes I still have 3rd & 4th Runs to Mix and Cook from this
same original bail.
I will update in another 2 years for a final Conclusion ;)

LIQUID PRODUCT

As to the Liquid products. As best I can remember I ran out of some of the first Kit Liquid items
after my 2nd grow (40 gals of soil) took a little over a year for both runs.

CONFIRMED CONCLUSION: Liquid products in the KIT will last Over a Year and probably much
longer.

I re stocked with larger container amounts in the 2nd year so I will be back with the
Final conclusion in 2 more years, I expect to run-out of liquid product after 3 years of shelf life.

I only do 1.5 to 2 runs a year with 2 plants per grow in 10 gal plastic.
Works out to 40 gal of soil year
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
...I would say if stored properly(cool dry) you should be OK to use...cheerz... :high-five: :Namaste:...h00k...
Thanks I messaged Doc about it.
Seems to be no problem from the crew, if Doc confirms I will try to get some EWC in and start the cook.
I would need to get it done within the next week to be on time for the next run.

Thanks I messaged Doc about it.
Seems to be no problem from the crew, if Doc confirms I will try to get some EWC in and start the cook.
I would need to get it done within the next week to be on time for the next run.

If the products have been stored in a stable environment they can easily keep for a year. 2 years is not uncommon.

If they smell right and the bottles haven't puffed up then everything is OK. There's a great deal of fussing and fighting with chemistry to stabilize these things.

Worst case scenario for 1 year old Transplant is that the Magnesium Sulfate crystalizes into what looks like little shards of glass.

If this is the case, warm up the product to about 70 degrees and shake vigorously for a few minutes a day for a few days and everything should be fine.

If you find a few shards of MgS04 in the botttle, don't sweat it. Tea will melt it fast.

If the products have been stored in a stable environment they can easily keep for a year. 2 years is not uncommon.

If they smell right and the bottles haven't puffed up then everything is OK. There's a great deal of fussing and fighting with chemistry to stabilize these things.

Worst case scenario for 1 year old Transplant is that the Magnesium Sulfate crystalizes into what looks like little shards of glass.

If this is the case, warm up the product to about 70 degrees and shake vigorously for a few minutes a day for a few days and everything should be fine.

If you find a few shards of MgS04 in the botttle, don't sweat it. Tea will melt it fast.

Thank You,
Looks like the next run in the octopots will be with the kit after all.
Should prove to be an interesting experiment at least.

Called my local grow shop yesterday and the owner said they were open. Was a little surprised since police have been enforcing nonessential businesses to stay closed.

What does that mean?

I bought the EWC I needed to start a new batch of @Doc Bud 's kit. Will get that mixed up today, and with 5 weeks to go on the current run should be plenty of time for the cook.

Great mornin to ya OL. and friends. Couple things....i have NOT noticed ANY of Doc's liquid products going 'bad' , even after many years. Like Doc said, as long as the enviro is cool, dry and 'stable' longer term storage is NOT an issue. As far as storing already cooked soil, there is NO expiry date. It will 'keep' indefinitely. All ya gotta do is bring old , cooked soil back to life with some water with a lil Tea. The soil will 'keep' for years without worry. I still use very , very old soil..(6 +years old) to 'top up' my big pots. Just my op. gang. Cheers and have a great Easter everyone.:circle-of-love:

Great mornin to ya OL. and friends. Couple things....i have NOT noticed ANY of Doc's liquid products going 'bad' , even after many years. Like Doc said, as long as the enviro is cool, dry and 'stable' longer term storage is NOT an issue. As far as storing already cooked soil, there is NO expiry date. It will 'keep' indefinitely. All ya gotta do is bring old , cooked soil back to life with some water with a lil Tea. The soil will 'keep' for years without worry. I still use very , very old soil..(6 +years old) to 'top up' my big pots. Just my op. gang. Cheers and have a great Easter everyone.:circle-of-love:
Thanks @Duggan , I used up what I had of Doc's soil and had to make more. Was concerned about the liquids but Doc stopped in and cleared that up. When this run is done will be switching back to the kit, made up a fresh batch yesterday.

Hey Duggan. Glad to see you back in action. :high-five:
Happy Easter to everyone!
Happy Easter to you OL.

Back
Top Bottom