ACE Killer A5 Haze

OZZ

What up 420!?

I’m new here, been a long time member of a bunch of different forums but these days mostly hang out at ICMag. This place looks to have a bunch of traffic so I thought I’d hop on over here and register.

Currently I’m stuck in a small metropolitan condo so I had to make a small grow box out of an armoire, but we are moving in October and then I can pull out all my big boy toys and do some real grows. For now though, I’m making the best of my small armoire. Without further ado, here’s the deets of the grow:

ACEs Killer A5 Haze fem
Solsheet with a 120 watt dimmable driver
AC infinity T4 205 cfm fan/scrubber combo
2 gallon pot
Promix HP, 20-30% homemade worm castings
Generic home depot granular fert and Kelp meal with a bit of extra lime

Chicago water is horrible, and Ive been having major issues with it. So I recently bought a cheap RO filter and two DuPont whole house filters to try to get things dialed In. I keep seeing PH lockout and other problems that have nothing to do with soil. First Dupont has a sediment filter, second a 5 micron carbon filter. From there the water heads over to the RO filter.

As of now theres not much to look at, just a tiny seedling poking out of the ground. Trying to recover from the shitty britta filtered tap water I gave her at first that stunted and yellowed her But shes shaking it off now and greening back up.

Here’s a few pics of the grow armoir build:

7EAD1D39-B5B1-4703-A65B-721D23E8E8DF.jpeg

I framed out the door jam, painted it black, sealed it with weather stripping and shimmied up the door frame for a good seal. From there I lined the interior with Mylar and then added a few PC fans for interior air circulating. A 8” x 8” darkroom louvre was added to the rear for air intake, and the AC infinity fan/filter combo installed with 4” ducting. Finally, I found a plastic serving tray that fits perfectly inside to act as a drip tray and keep any runoff away from the wood.

CA30BD41-4D62-464F-8B5E-6AAA4B42931F.jpeg

C8B0F353-48AB-4B8D-A894-9ED1F4E56759.jpeg

B1C4214D-319D-4EEF-812B-8545389115EF.jpeg

294013FB-156F-4394-88EA-384C726A064F.jpeg
279B109F-D4E5-4144-91CC-43DEB100D1E9.jpeg

Here it is. Blends very well into the room. No smell, no noise. Very stealth even though that really wasn’t my main priority, I’m more interested in just doing a proper build on the project, but it turned out well IMO

87DFD8E2-9FA0-4521-B0E9-6A99C533085C.jpeg

My last grow in the armoire, ACE Panama

22741BF7-EB82-4955-B2A7-B1D7D8980D1D.jpeg

..... and here is the current run, not much to look at as of now, just a tiny little seedling, but from the grow reports she should start taking off quickly from here as this strain has been showing huge hybrid vigor.

740DBEE4-CF64-4453-879F-B6D0B9B5EE78.jpeg

3CD106C5-23ED-41E6-9134-0904FA53103C.jpeg

..... updates to follow

I just caught the water reference. I was born and raised just north of you In Kenosha, WI. I live up in Northern Minnesoata now though. I prefer to be away from people so I won't be living down that way again. I sure miss the great food from Milwaukee to Chicago though... Folks up here dont know what real food is other than the epic fish frys.

Yes, but that’s the only thing that is good here. I absolutely HATE living here. Don’t get me wrong the city is awesome. It’s a great city, but living here is a fuggin’ drag. The commutes, the crowds .... everything is just draining here For some reason. October we are moving back to AZ. Year round sun, hiking and outdoors adventures galore. Sure there’s 3 months of hot weather but the rest of the year is gorgeous and during those three months you simply drive an hour and a half up the mountain to flagstaff and hit the slopes in beautiful weather again.

The food scene here is ridiculous though, it wills spoil you quIck! I did a few contracts in Madison and Milwaukee and yes, the fish frys there are badass too. Still miss Lakefront breweries cheese curds. YUMMMM

All good in the hood. I have so many its ridiculous. I’m not sure I can even list them for you. However, that Panama was the first that I have actually popped of theirs, with this KA5H being the second.

Off the top of my head, in my seedbank I have:

ACE Nepal Jam reg 2015
ACE Golden tiger reg 2015
ACE Zamaldelica reg 2015
ACE Tikal reg 2015
ACE Oldtimers Haze reg 2015/2019
ACE Malawi reg 2015
ACE Bangi Haze reg 2015
ACE PCK reg 2015
ACE Panama reg 2015
ACE Hashplant S1 FEM 2019
ACE Killer A5 Haze FEM 2019
ACE Malawi FEM 2019
ACE Panama breeders pack FEM 2019
ACE Malawi x Panama reg 2019
ACE Thai Chi FEM 2019
ACE Kali China FEM 2019
ACE Nepal Jam FEM 2019
ACE Honduras reg 2019

..... and I’m not exactly sure what else lol. Yes, I have a problem.

I’m just starting to explore the strains, as I mentioned Ive been stuck in Chicago without any real room to make a grow room. Finally I bit the bullet and built this armoire because I was tired of not growing, and I need to find some way to start working through these genetics. Once I get to AZ and get my rooms set up Ill start doing seed runs and picking my favorites. I have some other gear from other breeders too that need to get worked into the mix as well, so Ill be busy. I’m probably going to have a tent solely for seed runs as well as a separate flowering, veg and mother tent.

Beautiful fish!! How big is that tank? 20 gallon? Looks small, for that fish.

I’ve never owned a flower horn, but I’ve owned 6 baby frontosas. We were trying to breed them. Gave up on it after a while because we weren’t able to get their conditions right. So we bought 6 snakeheads, and managed to get a pair.

sorry I’m getting off topic, but I’m super passionate about fish lol

I do the cichlid thing too. For many yrs in fact.
Fresh water fish are a joy! The wife and I had a 10 gal, 20 gal, 46 bow front, 55 gal, and a 120 gal fish tank going all at once. We’ve shut them down almost 7 years ago now though. We’ve owned a shit ton of fish. Bred convict cichlids, Molly’s (which a monkey could do), and we’ve bred Pimelodus pictus catfish, and were super close at breeding snakeheads, but was forced to downsize the tank and the female ended up de-scaling the male and killing him.

All good in the hood. I have so many its ridiculous. I’m not sure I can even list them for you. However, that Panama was the first that I have actually popped of theirs, with this KA5H being the second.

Off the top of my head, in my seedbank I have:

ACE Nepal Jam reg 2015
ACE Golden tiger reg 2015
ACE Zamaldelica reg 2015
ACE Tikal reg 2015
ACE Oldtimers Haze reg 2015/2019
ACE Malawi reg 2015
ACE Bangi Haze reg 2015
ACE PCK reg 2015
ACE Panama reg 2015
ACE Hashplant S1 FEM 2019
ACE Killer A5 Haze FEM 2019
ACE Malawi FEM 2019
ACE Panama breeders pack FEM 2019
ACE Malawi x Panama reg 2019
ACE Thai Chi FEM 2019
ACE Kali China FEM 2019
ACE Nepal Jam FEM 2019
ACE Honduras reg 2019

..... and I’m not exactly sure what else lol. Yes, I have a problem.
My list of Ace gear is nearly as long as yours. A few differences but a very similar list. I have a serious seed hoarding problem as well. I bet I probably couldn't use all of them up before I'm too old to do it anymore. Unless I get some land in a few yrs... I'd definitely turn it up to 11 if/when that happens.

Beautiful fish!! How big is that tank? 20 gallon? Looks small, for that fish.

I’ve never owned a flower horn, but I’ve owned 6 baby frontosas. We were trying to breed them. Gave up on it after a while because we weren’t able to get their conditions right. So we bought 6 snakeheads, and managed to get a pair.

sorry I’m getting off topic, but I’m super passionate about fish lol

Thats a 29 and yea he was due for a bigger tank. Flowerhorns are way more personable when in a bit smaller tank but that was pushing it and i was planning on upgrading him. These are old photos though, unfortunately we left to Miami for a week and my heater freaked outwhile we were away and cooked him! Was a crappy deal for sure.

I have a new one now that’s in my profile pic, he’s doing great but still young. I’ll grow him out to the size of the other one before upgrading him. I have a 125 gallon too with a bunch of african cichlids

1C8AE1B8-9216-4597-AA08-DECE9DF774EC.jpeg

F7E3A990-FDEE-46BE-B9A5-96C98DA2A5A0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom