Aku's Soil Trifoliate! Bag Seed Journal 2014 Pics

I re-built my pc box last night. I live in Ferguson about 2 blocks from W Florissant, so I'm not sleeping a whole lot at night these days. I was up so I decided to take it apart as I wanted better light protection and better air control. So I had a bunch of Kydex (look it up its a wonderful thermoplastic for hobbyists) that I cut and/or formed to cover the grates and holes in the pc body. Kydex is opaque black, no light gets through. I also reversed a fan so now I have two pulling air out and filtered and one pushing air in, cooling the lights and moving the plant a little. Strange thing is it still feels like I still have positive pressure in there as air seems to be coming out from around my cooling fan. Its very strange.
I'm also on the fence about going 12/12 I want to do it now as I don't want the thing to get bigger than the pc box and I don't really care about yield. On the other hand , there is no rush other than to start a grow with a known strain other than bagseed. This really was a test that proved it could happen.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/20140819_234308.jpg
20140819_234308.jpg

Well, for fear of her blowing up and to see what happens because I tied her down, I went 12/12. This is day 2. I watched some amazing hydro videos that really inspired. I want a dedicated space now (not gonna happen where I currently reside) I would really like a known strain. I think if I can get this one to flower at all, I will invest in some seeds.

I did find out that a nighttime or dark hours temperature is 60-70 degrees which is right where I am so my temperature problems weren't really an issue. I have about 74 degrees lights on and 68-70 degrees lights off. All's well with the latest build except I might be getting hot spots from the aluminum foil. I will have to locate some Mylar. I'd also like to permanently mount the light sockets instead of just hanging or clamped but then again these are adjustable so...

Thanks, I've ordered a thermometer/hygrometer? something to check the humidity, I think it is really dry where she is. I guess the more you do this the more info you want and the better you want to care for them just as plants much less thinking about a bag of weed. I know I will be doing this for awhile so I am trying to soak up as much info as possible.

OK, so I've ordered some beanies from Herbie's. 5 Himalaya Blue Diesel (strong indica) and one sensible critical (mostly sativa) to feel both ends of the rainbow to help figure out which one works best for my pain ( and doesn't freak me out) Don't know why but after I stopped smoking everyday, I've been getting hella paranoid when sto-Ned. Plus Herbie's is sending me a free Auto-Cheese something for free, Woohoo gotta love free. I plan to stagger these grows to have a constant harvest for a few weeks there, if they all pop that is. From what I've read they have a good germinate %.
Meantime my unknown bagseed is doing well and smelling more and more, I am going to have to dbl up on the filter. Her hairs are growing thicker by the day on two lowly cfl's.

Thinking of going to LEDs as there are some on eBay reasonable for a pc sized grow. As I've ordered some Auto's, I am curious as to how well they are going to fit in the pc. And if the LEDs would be appropriate. They are the light bulb style not the plug in socket style. I think 36x3watt 20 in the 660 and 16 in the 460 range. Wasnthinking 2 of these or 1 of these and a 2700k cfl for flowering (5000k cfl for veg) but most Autos are in flower mode most of their life, no?

20140824_022937.jpg

She's coming along. I am working on getting her Ph closer to 7 than 8. HUMIDITY is ranging from 45-60 depending on how often /when I water the wad of buttpaper I have hanging around her. I did order a 64 pcs LCD 38 red some blue a couple orange and white. Will use this for the rest of this plant as well as my Himalayan Blue Diesel auto when they come in. Oh, I added some blackstrap molasses to this last feeding as well as the 10-30-10 and cider vinegar for the Pt.

Looking a little like Krusty the bud with that hairdo. Waiting is the WORST. I'm not even wanting to smoke her, I just want her to develop. I think she may have been locked up a little as there was only slight development, so I gave her a flush. I'm going to wait until she needs water again to feed her. Probably a week. That is pretty much all I can do at this time. A side note apparently now is the time to plant your poppies if one were so inclined. I spread some Durkee's around the back yard and in a pot with soil in shit paper tubes for easy transplant as I know they don't like that much. I probably spread 500 poppy seeds today. Going to learn how to make tea! Give me something to do waiting on this one or until my Herbie's beans come then I have some decisions to make. I'll just end up looking at a shig ton of plants just a growin'. Can't do a thing with them yet, hahaha frustrating. In as much as I've read about cannacultivation and growing poppies NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THE WAITING! You see all these great grow journals bing bang zoom harvest day! Or grow vids on YouTube, from seed to smoke, whole rooms grow and are harvested
in 3:23. Very impatient today but the latest pic is very encouraging. Flower day 6ish, enjoy!

Ps please disregard stupid little errors like Pt for Ph and bid for vid or pick for pic. My tablet has a overachieving spellchecker.

Got in the Mylar and LED light so I decided to take the PC apart and rebuild her... better... stronger. Well better anyway, I'm not sure this LED is for me. Its a whole lot smaller than I thought it would be and I think the lumen count has just dropped off too much using it. I will have to order a better version. Other than that during the rebuild I removed the only inlet fan of 3 to try and alleviate my positive pressure issue and moved it to blow directly at the bulbs and the plant so she is moving a little in the breeze. Now I have 2 exhaust fans and no inlet but a plant fan. I think if I can nail down the soil, feedings, and a veg and bloom light I'll be ready to grow my Himalaya Blue Diesel Auto's when they arrive. Really I guess I can veg somewhere else as that isn't much in the life of an auto, I think anyway.

So Ive ordered a serious LED well 2 really from eBay. A 10 watt and a 20 watt they are serious looking lights not the plastic topped red blue bulb things but real plasma laser looking light. I have a feeling they are going to go up in price real soon. Still waiting on my beans from Herbies. My bagseed is still plodding along, more and more pistils every night just slow going. I've ordered some poppies to sow this winter. They do well when mistreated, my little cannabis plant just seems to give me the finger. Probably because I've tried so many different things with her to figure out what works and what does not. Ah well, live and learn. I hope to be tilling up the soil around my fence this coming weekend in preparation for planting the poppies. May have to start a different grow journal.

YAY, Herbies arrived today! I have 5 Auto Himalaya Blue Diesel, one Auto fem Black JH paid for. My freebies include one La Diva auto fem which is Il Diavolo X Original Blueberry and one Delicious Cheese Candy. If anyone knows anything about these strains please speak up and feel free to post pics. I will start new journals when I begin these little buggers. Yay Herbies!

Many good bud sites appearing on my girlie. Still haven't named her which is strange because normally that stuff comes to me pretty quick. She's a bagseed, she's tiny, I've mistreated her, she grows as slow as molasses, she's a secret and she is after all a she. Any suggestions from the 1 guy who read this thread like 4 months ago (appreciate u man) lol. Really, anyone, Buehler, Buehler .... anyone?

Back
Top Bottom