J4s2u0's Bag Seed Grow - CFL's and Soil

j4s2u0

2010 Growlog,

We are already 21 days in but I took notes and updated all the time,and also got pics along the way up till now...
So here is the begining,

Sun, Aug 29th.
Started out with 10 seedlings,I cutt down 6 and kept the best 4...
Today I staked the down with bambo skewers,unfortunalty my biggest plant got in the way while trimming somthing,so now I have 3 plants...
I am useing 2 different pots,one is around 1-2 gallon and the other is half that size...not sure on there actualy size as I dident buy them,
for lighting right now I have 2300 lumens of cfl lighting wich isent shit but its a start untill I get my check ect...I want to get double or tripple this lumen output atleast,
The plants are 6 days old today and around 5" tall...

Tue, Aug 31st.
Plants are looking great today,I have been waking up early to put them in the window for some bright extra light,they seem to love it...
Tomarrow I get money so I am getting a big tote to use as a growbox,also need to get atleast 2 big cfl bulbs in the 2700k range...and also a timer for flowering,they are about 6" tall now and 8 days old...

Wed, Sep 1st.
Today we went to walmart to get a few things,I picked up a meduim sized tote, "I may get a bigger one as this is pretty cramped right now"
I also got 3 26 watt clf bulbs that are 2700k wich I like...they produce 1750 lumens a piece,so all 3 give me about 5250 lumens wich isent bad so far,
Also got a cheap timer wich I dont like but we will see,we are having this crazy heat wave this week and I am trying to keep the temps down untill I get a fan ect...

Thur, Sep 2nd.
So I got everything going great now,plants are 10 days old today...
I am going to give them a couple straight days of 24/7 lighting to speed up growth...the new lights are awesome though and cheap,
All 3 plants are around 6" tall....

Fri, Sep 3rd.
So today I mounted and installed 2 computer fans,one is put up top where the heat is,and the other draws in cool air from the bottom...
This little system actualy moves any hot air thats built up when the lid is closed on the box but I try an leave it open somtimes,
I think the pc fans will help a great deal,they will provide clean fresh air from outide and get rid of the hot air,all while moving all the air around inside the box,and plants love the breeze...
Plants are 11 days old today and look better then ever...

Fri, Sep 3rd Update.
Ok so it's like 11:25pm right now,I just figured out the timer I think...I should have spent more on a better one but ya, I set the timer 12 on 12 off,so we will see how it goes,I have had some sucess in the past but I always cut the buds down way to early...this time if I get a female,I will grow them out till there nice and ripe,I actualy like this growbox alot and it was very cheap to make,heres what I'v spent so far...
1, one 22 gallon tote...$8
2, one 3 pack 26watt 2700k clf bulbs...$6
3,one manual 24 hour timer...$4
4,one 6 outlet extenstion cord...$5
So the total so far is under $30,cant be that...
I dident even have to buy soil cause mom had some laying around she wasent using,and although it was very very dry...I added lots of water just to get it useable...but it actualy seems to be working awesome!

This is also the first time I have had a plant/seedling that was different then all the others,it was all dark purple from the begining...but for some reason it grew and grew fast,like it was achiving 50-75 percent more growth then all the others...when I eventualy slipped and cut the stem,it was around 5" and towering above all the others like a tree...very wierd,kinda wish I would have not cut it but oh well...

Re: j6s6u6's Bag seed grow,cfl's and soil....

0687.JPG
0699.JPG
07110.JPG
0726.JPG

Sun, Sep 5th.
Well everything seems to be good,the timer is working perfectly...which is a bonus,today is the second day flowering...I noticed they aren't themselves,not thriving as much...
And may be stretching a bit,but that whats happens when u start flowering,
I also noticed tiny little side branches coming in,well right now they ook like tiny leaves...
Plants are 14 days old today...

Mon, Sep 6th.
Plants are looking great for the most part,the growth is defently slowing to a crawl...
I think its just because I started 12/12 and there not getting the light they were?
The plants are 15 days old today,and on the 3rd day of flowering...

Tue, Sep 7th.
Ok so today I rigged my lights up a little better,I read about people useing 12oz soda cans as reflectors,just by cutting them in half ect...Plants are 16 days old today and are all looking great and very healthy,the last 2 days nothing realy happend but now,they like exsploded...today is day 4 of flowering,no signs of flowers yet but still waiting ect...
Last night the biggest plant was about 6"...and today it was over 7"...
So everything is going great so far,also going to start beding the plants to fit better in the growbox cause there isent alot of room...

Sat, Sep 11th.
So its been 4 days since my last update...and everything looks healthy and happy,so the plants are 20 days old today...today is also the 8th day of flowering,
No sign of flowers,lol...The lights are kinda pissing me off cause I can never get them right where I want them,there a pain in the ass "now I see why buying 1-2 bubs max for a grow would make sense" ...I have already burnt a couple leaf tips while I was working and not here to fix any probelms,also added another 20 watt bulb today,its actualy the bulb that started the grow "1300 lumens"... for a total of 6500 lumens or so...
This isent the best but I am happy with everything so far,the plants are already smelling sweet and skunky ect...I removed the skewers holding them up and now after bending them ect the stems are looking nice,the biggest stem is pencil size atleast...looks like a tree almost,lol...

Sun, Sep 12th.
Plants are looking great,green and healthy...21 old today and on the 9th day flowering,today I used some twine to tie down the stems a bit...they realy want all that light and will stretch for it when ever they can,they were to tall to even close the lid on the bix so after tieing them down, there probably only 5-6" at the most...
Now I can keep the lid closed and keep the 6500 lumens right ontop of the canopy,I havent realy seen any flowers yet but have noticed somthing toward the top of one,very small right now but idk...hopfully soon we will see some hairs,that would make my day...

Anyways,
Now that I finaly have the log up and started and added all the photos and notes I took I can better keep track of everything,and update here instead...
Sorry the log so far doesnt go along with the photos,I tried...but from now on they will be for sure,defently learning alot from reading everything here!
Thanks for looking and any info/ideas ect would be great!
I will update in a couple days with new pics ect...

hey j6s6u6
your set up is nice. your grow is going good so far. have you grown b4?
my suggestions would be
maybe add some reflective material like mylar or white poly plastic or even paint the inside of the tote flat white to boost your light saturation. i would separate the two that are sharing the same container. i think your right about needing a bigger tote. they will need room in flower, mostly head room. maybe one that can hold all three plants in separate containers and like two feet of growth space for flower. lsting( low stress training) will help alot. i just finished a grow in 1gal that went pretty well. so if you had each one in that size you could finish them with out worry.

ill be following along :popcorn::tokin:

Thanks guys,
"falcore"...yes I have grown in the past...probably 3 times or so,but each time was not much more then a learning experience,plus it was 10 years ago when I was a bit younger but everytime I got females,I would cutt them down early...like a month to early,lol...but I'm alot smarter now,and no what I want to accomplish...
Also I was going to paint the inside with a couple coats of flat white paint,but havent got around to it,my girl is 9 months prego and will be poping out my first son any day:)
Also the 2 plants in one pot sort of just happend,lol...I know there isent much room for roots ect,and with 2 plants in it I imagine it wont be good but idk...
The main reason for the little ones in the same was just to see if they would get rootbound ect and grow very small plants,thats another reason I started flowering earlier,but either way...Im not in this with alot of money spent,so Im also happy about that,but thanks for the advice,I do do lots and lots of reading....and I shoulden't have to go anywhere else for info,this place rocks!

"kantwate" Thanks...and thanks for stopping buy:)

Re: J6s6u6's Bag Seed Grow - CFL's and Soil

Tue, Sep 14.
A little update,so today I cut a couple big fan leaves off a couple plants because the branches coming in couldent get any light at all,but its better now so I'm happy...
I also noticed flowers on 2 out of 3 plants today,and I thought I would be happier then I am,lol...but I think my biggest,best looking plant is a male,I am not 100 percent sure because its eary and they just popped up today but tomarrow I will be able to tell,and one of the other plants "it's actualy the second biggest"... it does seem to have somthing growing that shouldent be there,so I know its a flower...and it looks defferent then whats on the big plant,so I am hopping that even if the big ones a male then atleast I will have got a female out of this!
And if all goes to shit and I get all males, "not sure if that would ever happen" I have plenty more seeds to play with,I am defently thinking about getting the tote I wanted to begin with,its double the one I have now,and I would like to buy some good qualtiy soil just incase I need to replant/repot...or just start all over,
I will try and post pics tomarrow,hopefully I can see the flowers better:)

hey congrats on being a dad.

i have found that the plants that get big and tall early tend to be males. Or at least that is how i remember it being. :cool: that is cool that you got a female. I don't know what you are paying for the totes but i set a cheap (kinda crappy because of my construction skills) tent from b&w poly plastic and 2"x2" wood framing. you could custom fit it to maximize your grow space. just as a suggestion.
cant wait for pics :tokin:

Thanks falcore!
Ya this will be my first child and I am very excited...
The baby just dropped last night so it wont be long now,Im just glad the baby is healthy...but ya,I have also read that the plants that grow the biggest/fastest tend to come out males,so thats what I was thinking...
I will defently be able to tell tomarrow,and worse come to worse,I will cut down the male and plant more seeds,lol...easy enough,I think I shouldent have cut all the seedlings I started with,I had 10 to begin with but only wanted a couple plants thats why...oh well:)
And the tote from walmart I want is like $12 or somthing...mine is only 22 glallons it says,I think...my memory is shot after 3am,lol:p
Thanks

Ok,so I tried getting pics of just the flowers to show you guys but...not even close!
My camera sucks balls for close ups and my mom took her bad ass cam with her,but I am going to go look at all the male and female flowers I can to try and figure this out!
I defently dont see any hairs,well not yet so idk...
Another thing is the flowers are kinda yellowish,and if I remember right that is what the males look like right?

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, sorry for your loss!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Smoke Reports forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom