Antags First Attempt CFL Grow

Hey guys, and gurls if your out there.

So today is day 8 from seed so far only watering every 3rd day with RO DI water bubbled for 24 hours.

Lights are 16/8 and approx 5-6 inches above the tops of the plants
I have my fan on them keeping them at a cool 77 degrees during the day and about 70-72 at night (is this too low?)

Soil ph climbed to 6.6 in 3 of the pots and 6.7/6.8 ish in the 4th

and for your viewing pleasure
20130803_191034.jpg
20130803_191029.jpg
20130803_191017.jpg
20130803_191011.jpg
this one here has the higher ph

qustions concern or crits all welcome

:peace:

Hey frosty just checked out your first grow looked awesome man. For your bulbs did you use anything other than 6500k?
If so what and when did you start them?

with my cfls i use a 3-1 ratio of 6500k -2700k i read that it was good for the plants so during veg it was 3 6500k and 1 2700k and in flower reverse it

ok so I am running 6 6500k so I should also have 2 2700k and when I switch them to 12-12 I should have 6 2700k and 2 6500k?
yep thats what i have i have 2 lamps and each has 3-1 ratio

How's everything going to day Antagonist!? :) Im glad to see you soaking up so much new info on raising your garden! :goodjob: Remember!! "A closed mouth doesn't get fed!":Namaste:

How's everything going to day Antagonist!? :) Im glad to see you soaking up so much new info on raising your garden! :goodjob: Remember!! "A closed mouth doesn't get fed!":Namaste:
i agree with this..... this site is so full of info its next to impossible to take it all in but from personal experience, i couldnt have gotten through my first grow without this community

don't really know what I need to know. if anyone has any tips please feel free to pass em on
I do has a question tho nutes when and what?

Im going to go with the FF GrowBig For Veg then FF Tiger Bloom & FF Big Bloom for Flowering. Its been said you can try a small feeding after they have their second set of three fingered leafs, but if your seedling grow like mine they have their five fingered leafs on their third node (Third set of fan leafs for any noobs) and that's usually at or around 10-14 days. Im going to wait 18-21 days before my first feeding. This way the will be more mature and stronger. I believe the stronger and more mature the seedling is the better it reacts to the first feeding!! Just my thought!! :)
Hope this helps!!:Namaste:

i use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed to different ratios for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. i buy them in 1 gallon or 2.5 gallon sizes as they are more economical. a small amount from 5 millilitres to 15 millilitres per gallon of each are used to make a nutrient mixture to water the plants. you could look in your local telephone book under hydroponics they are carried by many retail outlets, some places such as Rona also carry them. i do not use nutrients until my plants are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes then begin to give them 1/4 strength of recommended dosage and slowly over time work my way up to to full recommended dosage. a 20/20/20 fertilizer could be used for vegetative growth if you use a small amount of a product that can be used at every watering, most are meant for a 1 time treatment every 1-4 weeks. make sure any fertilizer product you are looking at contains calcium and magnesium as well as other micro nutrients or else it will not work well for cannabis. have a look at my grow journal in my signature that i am using the General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients for my plants.

https://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/products/nutrients/flora series/

ok so the fert my co-op has is
nitrogen 20%
phosphoric acid 20%
potash 20%
Boron 0.02
copper 0.05%
iron0.10%
magnese 0.05%
zinc 0.05

no calcium and no magnesium so no good?
ive checked around where I am and no one has the general hydroponics at all
should I look into mail order any good sites ?
and my young ladies have there second set of leaves ill post some new pic tomorrow

Imo everything looks fine. I seem to notice this is very common in seedlings that I have grown. I THINK its because the first set of leafs want to put out a 3fingered leaf but do not do so because they don't need as much light yet do to focusing on root growth. When the 2nd set of leafs come though, everything will be fine!!:thumb: Their could be a name for this or a reason why it happens but I have never heard of it yet if it is. I wouldn't be too worried about it though because it shouldn't effect anything at all!!:Namaste:

Awsome they are a little slower then when I grew out doors this spring
Ph of the soil is between 6.3&6.6 temps are climbing a little almost 85 during the day and around 75-78 @ night
Turned the fan up to 75% got my young ladies dancing in the wind hopfully this will thicken the stems to hold the monster buds I'm hoping for:thumb:
Got my nutes on order I know the 1gal are more economical but I only got the 1 litters to try it out may try different nutes next time around
Ill post some new pics later on today

hey all who are still here, Ladys are getting bigger everyday first ill show yous the four of them then a pic of the one close up cos I has a question
20130807_221530.jpg
20130807_221523.jpg
20130807_221513.jpg
20130807_221508.jpg

all of them are developing there first 3 finger leaves
20130807_221730.jpg

if you look right where the first leaf comes of the stem looks like a new shoot comin off there is that normal?
I know its not bad just the 2 I did outside just dropped those first seedling leaves and left nubs on the stem.
that's all for now
any questions or comments always welcome

Back
Top Bottom