Apple Betty flower time

Anyone grown apple betty find the flower time longer than usual ? Im looking for amber but very few at day 78. How many days did you let it grow till chop. Iv seen even 107 days flower before chop. Is this one of those strains that dont grow amber trichomes ?

I’ve got Apple Betty going right now and it’s at day 75, judging by the look of its stigmas I’ve still got another 21 days minimum. It’s a sativa heavy grower in my run that flowered much slower than the others

Anyone grown apple betty find the flower time longer than usual ? Im looking for amber but very few at day 78. How many days did you let it grow till chop. Iv seen even 107 days flower before chop. Is this one of those strains that dont grow amber trichomes ?
It did run long.
Never really finished, that was Nov 1st or so.
Can't say what day it was though.
But yeah a long flower period.

Apple Betty @Herbies Seeds got about 5 pounds.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I flipped mine @day 53 and chopped @day 154 !

So 101 days of flower ;)

Apple Betty yield.jpg

Cheers

You could tell early on it was gonna be long. Its stigmas come out long and each bract is visible as it builds. It swells in spots then builds around it. It’s an interesting flower to watch

So, not a suitable choice for next year's outdoor grow, huh?
I think it depends on the pheno Mel. :ciao:
One of the smaller 1/6/23 girls was finished in October no problem.
The big 2 were probably 2 weeks behind that one.
It's a great big girl suitable for outdoor grows.
Lovely to smoke.
Just likes to take her time.
I'd grow her outdoor again.
I say outdoor but greenhouse really.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I think it depends on the pheno Mel. :ciao:
One of the smaller 1/6/23 girls was finished in October no problem.
The big 2 were probably 2 weeks behind that one.
It's a great big girl suitable for outdoor grows.
Lovely to smoke.
Just likes to take her time.
I'd grow her outdoor again.
I say outdoor but greenhouse really.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Hmm. Too bad there's way to tell what pheno I'll get from seeds.
Maybe I'll grow one indoors and clone it. Clone the clone, if the mother has a shorter flowering period.

So, not a suitable choice for next year's outdoor grow, huh?

Like @Bill284 said, pheno dependent, but from what I’ve seen, It would probably shine brightest with a 16-20 week flower with warmer temps.

Mine is rounding the corner now. I gave her a little Geoflora bloom to go the distance since I didn’t build pots with a 100 day flower in mind, but she’s got around 2-3 weeks. She’s half and half on the stigmas right now but still is lacking the resin and firmness of finished buds

Like @Bill284 said, pheno dependent, but from what I’ve seen, It would probably shine brightest with a 16-20 week flower with warmer temps.

Mine is rounding the corner now. I gave her a little Geoflora bloom to go the distance since I didn’t build pots with a 100 day flower in mind, but she’s got around 2-3 weeks. She’s half and half on the stigmas right now but still is lacking the resin and firmness of finished buds
16-20 weeks sounds like Old Timer's Haze, or Amnesia Haze.
I'll try the indoor/clone method then.
If it turns out to be the longer flowering pheno I'll probably just go with light dep for the clone, as 16-20 weeks is pretty much the entire outdoor season here.

16-20 weeks is pretty much the entire outdoor season here.

Yep and that’s the weather of an entire season too. She would love a nice warm, slightly humid environment for her slow and methodical building, not the extremes of spring to fall. That’s probably why @Bill284 had such success in the greenhouse. Fairly stable warmth in there yeah Bill? Slightly humid as well I imagine.

Yep and that’s the weather of an entire season too. She would love a nice warm, slightly humid environment for her slow and methodical building, not the extremes of spring to fall. That’s probably why @Bill284 had such success in the greenhouse. Fairly stable warmth in there yeah Bill? Slightly humid as well I imagine.
Hey Amigo. :ciao:
Environmental control wasn’t perfect but better than outside.
She is a great strain and worth the time.
Hope your doing well.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey Amigo. :ciao:
Environmental control wasn’t perfect but better than outside.
She is a great strain and worth the time.
Hope your doing well.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

@Melville Hobbes and I noticed when growing outdoors we seem to get far more leaf matter and vegetative growth than we indoors. Is this something you’ve noticed or experience in the greenhouse?

@Melville Hobbes and I noticed when growing outdoors we seem to get far more leaf matter and vegetative growth than we indoors. Is this something you’ve noticed or experience in the greenhouse?
I've noticed the same thing between outdoor and indoor grows, but I don't have a greenhouse.
I just asked my buddy, as he does have one, and he says yes, the greenhouse grown plants have more foliage as well, but not as much as straight outdoors.
Could it be another defense mechanism against UV affecting the bracts? I haven't noticed any increase in foliage between plants grown under CFL vs LEDs with IR diodes.

Good question my friend.
As I never defoliate I generally get similar veg growth inside as out.
My girls are always big and bushy so I don't notice a difference at flip.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom