Ready for harvest?

Iceman86

420 Member
I'm on my first grow and I'm finishing up my first plant but I'm not 100% sure if I should chop or wait a little longer. The strain is GSC by sunwest genetics and they specify the flowering period is 7-9 weeks. I'm at the end of week 7 and if I'm looking at the pistils on the very top buds they are all brown but as I look down the plant they are mostly white. Around the middle its around 50% brown and at the bottom they are completely white which is expected to take longer to mature.

If I'm looking at the trichomes on the top buds, they are about 75% cloudy and 25% clear. I'm planning on waiting till I see a few amber before I chop but I've also read that not every plant's trichomes turn amber.

I'm trying to chop it at the highest thc levels without too much amber. I'm just not sure if this plant's trichomes will eventually turn amber or if I'm just over maturing the plant.

Thank you.

Pictures would help folks give you more accurate advice, and those numbers from the breeders a "ballpark" at best and lots of variables to mess that up anyway.

Pics or it never happened

When_To_Harvest2.jpg
how-to-tell-a-marijuana-plant-is-ready-to-harvest-c62052097c07fb01.jpg
when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg

Also, do you guys usually just go off of the trichomes on the top buds for chopping or somewhere in the middle of the plant so you can get a better overall plant average since the bottoms aren't ready as quick as the top?

Back
Top Bottom