Are feminized seeds worth the extra money?

Are feminized seeds worth the extra money?

• Yes

Votes: 126 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 24.6%

• Total voters
I wouldn't trust them. I just recently order 200 feminized pack from Cannabisseeds and I'm getting some males. Don't order anything from those guys!

My experience with fems is that when you order them or a strain that the seed bank has carried for a while because it will usually be a more stable strain than something that was just crossed or bred. I have had bad luck with new strains fems turning herm but when i grew a more stable strain i had much better results.

just had a question .......if you get fem seeds and one starts turning hermi.....and it isn't alot....like 1-5% (a few male flowers) could you just trim them off to avoid pollinating the rest of the crop? and will it keep growing a male flower in the same spot? or will they just bud somewhere else on the plant, or stay gone? thanks

Is it really that hard to get feminized seeds? I planted 5 PPP and got only one female (bad ratio) and I've read if you kill all the males and she didn't hermi and she was very well develop and very potent she will wait patiently in heat for the male pollen to come, of course you kill them all so no luck there, but before she dies she will attempt to fertilizer herself and all those you find will be feminized and that's exactly what I did and she gave me over 30 feminized seeds, but I never ever seen the male flowers (probably hidden or I was looking good enough) and all the seeds were down in the lower smaller branches in the small buds. I was a bit surprise to find seeds because I wasn't expecting any, but every one of those seeds produce females.

She was tied up pretty good using LST.
Give it a shot what are you going to lose the weed is still very potent.

Here I germinated 13 seeds and got 13 females I was one happy mofo:smokin:
DSCF00512.JPG

I say NO they aren't worth buying or making. It sounds good in theory and I've even created my own, which i now regret and not because I had any hermi problems but because cannabis is a sacred plant and already prefect in every way. Why do so many tamper with it in such a negative way?
Not only that but your also breeding hermi tendency's into the genes of these seeds, no matter how small the chances you still put them there and maybe they'll stay recessive for many years/breeding projects until you or someone that ended up with offspring from your original feminization project just got the perfect plant/pheno they want and BAM hermi genes finally show their ugly face. (and i mean UGLY like the hunch back of notredam's body with frankenstein's wife's head and squid arms to top it off!)

Where do you guys think all these hermi's today came from? Some were somewhat natural if Somas theory is correct but to me that means those were undesirable plants the second the first female grew a sack and pleasured herself anyways

my opinion: they're worth!

if there were no feminized seeds, I wouldn't even grow!!
regular seeds, are more stable, consistent... a thru grower, would go for regular...
(there is a big dispute going on in Italy about this)

but just try looking at my case: cabinet grow room, nft hydroponic pot, 400 hps...
I manage to grow 4 plants at cycle... now: lets say that I go with regular....
I already have a 50% possibilities to reduce, by 50% actually, my crop...

even worse, say that I got 3 boys... what do I do? wait for another 3 months???
for all growers whom have 2 "chambers" (vegging \ flowering) it's different... but for me,
it make one hell of a difference!!

I got the same set up, that's why I got feminized strawberry cough.

I manage to grow 4 plants at cycle... now: lets say that I go with regular....
I already have a 50% possibilities to reduce, by 50% actually, my crop...

even worse, say that I got 3 boys... what do I do? wait for another 3 months???
for all growers whom have 2 "chambers" (vegging \ flowering) it's different... but for me,
it make one hell of a difference!!

A constant cycle of revegging could do wonders for you. Flower plants out, cut them down to almost nothing and trim the roots. The same way you prepare a bonsai mom plant. Then it goes back in the smaller veg pots and you can keep slowly potting it into larger and larger pots. Just tiny size increases if you can, it controls root density. Then take the pots waiting in the veg side and pot them into the distinctly larger flowering pots. Then just put the reveg plants into the veg chamber and make sure they're all properly watered.

When the new ones are done, now you can repeat that whole process. Your plants will be bushy like never before, and you can spend tons of time really vegging them properly. The main trunks on them will be solid, and thus hard to destroy by accident.

honestly i think it far better to buy feminised seeds simply because your not wasteing time and resources with male plants . this is also good if you are going small and just want to get some clones going for consitant use. however there are some great strains out there that are only available un sexed. also of course if u want to do any kind of breeding then thats the only way to go.

I'd say yes they are very much worth the extra few dollars you are spending atleast for me it is because I am a indoor grower with limited closet space so its better to know they are female then have to kill a plant, but I would say femles are also a very good smoke never been disapointed once. :peace:

if you buy a pack of ultra feminized seeds, plant them all, grow them for mothers, cut clones, veg for 1 week then flower by the 100's...repeat as necessary....

well out of over 20 years of growing I have yet to find a strain or plant I cannot stress into producing bananas. All will eventually succumb to the torture I can produce and all eventually banana out. ;)

Hey Racefan, i gona go with the soma method for my next grow. You did it right? How big are those bananas? Do you have to open them up or something prior to applying on fem flowers?

For me my fem seeds were worth it cause i was guaranteed a full growtent.

Hey Racefan,
do you ever use the seeds produced from an actual hermie? (self-pollination)? I know this post is a little old but I got into a discuss and wanted to make sure I was correct in what I was saying. I understand what you are talking about above using a male flower of a hermie to pollinate another female. How about the seeds from the actual hermie plant? No good right?

totally worth it for me. Out of 15 plants I got 4 females last summer. My dad planted 20, and only had 2 females. Unless you have the set up to breed, and make your own fem'd seeds. Or if you're Mr. Old School Pro Grower, I think fem'd seeds are awesome.

I planted 3 seeds, 3 different strains, from 3 different breeders. I now have 3 beautiful girls doing thier thing, and in about a month, I'll be happy I spent my dime on some good seeds. Unstead of wasting my time and resourses growing more males to chop down.

Next summer I'm going to kill growing probably 12 or so females. Yep!

Yes they are worth every penny for what i paid for my SuperLemon Haze it was worth it not to have to go threw the hassle of guessing love the feminized seed

Back
Top Bottom