Arellanobrian's 2015 ThunderHaze Auto LED Grow - Coco Loco vs Reused Coco

what's up bri your up late

ya man i got a promation a while back and the new schedual is 3pm-midnight, kinda sux and it keeps me from being able to get on a comp as much as id like but whatever i get some alone time at night haha what keeps you up so late?

you are going to trip out on how fast the autos grow are you planning on doing any lst I told my self I wanted to see how my first autos turned out with out much lst so I know what to expect next auto grow I know now that I will be doing lst like crazy for sure on my next auto grow

you are going to trip out on how fast the autos grow are you planning on doing any lst I told my self I wanted to see how my first autos turned out with out much lst so I know what to expect next auto grow I know now that I will be doing lst like crazy for sure on my next auto grow

i did decide to do some light LST myself. i watched a few vids online and some journals and will def tie down the main branch and also do some light defoliaton on the lower leaves when the plant really looks like it needs it. your plants are growing soooo fast man, mine do seem a little quicker than im used to but i think its to early to tell. i do love the autos already though, i can have these seeds with my next batch of seeds im going to be starting and not worry about light as much as before with more time to work on the ladys!!!

and here are the genofarm thunderhaze auto seedlings after 5 days from germination. the runt is starting to catch up and its to early to see if the coco or soil is doing better so far. still no nutes for either plant, i have been watering the plants in coco everyother day and will start light nutes after week 1. the soil plants have been watered once and wont get nutes for the first 3-4 weeks.

I decided to mark the plants with little plastic markers to help us track the growth rates.

Soil=white+blue+green
coco=Yellow+Red

Coco
IMG_046929.JPG
IMG_047031.JPG

Soil
IMG_047336.JPG
IMG_047435.JPG
IMG_047532.JPG

and of course an awesome shot of the marshydro 48x3 led with only the veg lights on.... now these pics are 2 days old and i turned the bloom switch on today (1 week from germ) and also lowered the light from 30 inches to 25 and average height of 2.5 inches...i will hopefully have more picks soon :Namaste:

ya man i got a promation a while back and the new schedual is 3pm-midnight, kinda sux and it keeps me from being able to get on a comp as much as id like but whatever i get some alone time at night haha what keeps you up so late?

lots of coffee I mean like enough coffee to kill most living things :nomo:

o and one last thing i water every other day for the coco and today (1week from germ) i gave the coco plants there first feeding with the gen organics go box nutes

per gallon
2.5ml-biothrive grow
2.5ml-bioroot
2.5ml-bioweed
2.5ml-black diamond
PH=5.8

i have only watered the plants in soil once this fiirst week and no nutes so far, probably not for the first month

soil PH=6.6

lots of coffee I mean like enough coffee to kill most living things :nomo:

haha man caffine and me dont mix well!! i feel like im having a heart attack from a mtn dew!!! o love me some sativa and maybe a beer to keep me going late into the night haha and actually one of these is what im enjoying now

nice bro I like that with autos when they are almost done you can pop a seed and put it in the tent with the other ones and it will be fine I plan on when my autos are ready to be flushed for harvest I will start the next two so no time loss

liking the auto's for sure, we'll see after everything is said and done how much i like them haha ive heard alot of mixed reviews and want to see if they fit my needs

haha man caffine and me dont mix well!! i feel like im having a heart attack from a mtn dew!!! o love me some sativa and maybe a beer to keep me going late into the night haha and actually one of these is what im enjoying now

Easy now... Cant be blaming me for any heart attacks. :circle-of-love:

Easy now... Cant be blaming me for any heart attacks. :circle-of-love:

haha idk man from what i hear about mtn dew heart attack may not be the worst of my wories! jk

i will be posting some more pics of the thunder haze auto's tomorrow and just wanted to show you guys some pics from a few brewery's i went to this weekend and a few dabs i picked up when i went to the dispensary
bannana_waz.JPG
alien_inferno_Wax.JPG
Limon_Waz.JPG

Cool place, wish i could try some of those beers. :drool:

------------------------

Read in previous journal you consider scrog.

What methods, training you plan to do?

I did do a scrog the grow before last but i wont be doing a scrog with these plants as they are autoflowers and too much stress can impact your final results. i will be doing som LST to the Main cola only to keep an evan canopy as well as do some light defoliation of the lower leaves.

the reason i dont want to do too much else to the plants is so it can focus on flowering and growing and not have to worry about recovery as you only have a set number of days that the plant will be alive no matter what. on the other hand with a Photo period plant you can cause whatever type of stress to the plant and give it as much time as is needed to recover before putting it into flower and not have any real impact on your final quality or quantity. im sure if you have an auto that is over 100 days or so you could do more training and stress techniques as it will have more time to recover before the genetincs force it to flower but you will still have a smaller overall plant as it will have redirected some of its energy from growing in veg to recovering. so all in all i would say that you want to keep the stress on auto's to a minimum, preferably you want to start them in there final pots so you dont shock them during transfer and i would only recommend tying some of the taller branches down to keep and even canopy and some defoliation of lower leaves.

sorry about the rant lol but was super stoned on the couch and just had a moment haha hope some of that info answers what i will be doing and why :Namaste:

Strian: ThunderHaze Auto From GenoFarm Seeds

Indoor or outdoor: Indoor

Grow Medium: FoxFarm Coco Loco--- Reused coco from my last grow

Pot Size: 5 Gallon Nursery pots

Lights: MarsHydro LED Reflector series

PH: Coco-5.8 Soil-6.5

Pests: there were some fungus gnats last grow but none so far

Nutes Per Gallon: 2.5ml-BioThrive Grow
2.5ml-BioRoot
2.5ml-BioWeed
2.5ml-Black Diamo
2.5ml-epsom salt

Day 11

i lowered the marshydro 48x3 LED light to 24" and turned on the bloom switch 1 week after cracking its shell, the plants are a little small for 11 days but im counting from the day i saw the first seed crack. the plants are a little bit lanky but seem to have stopped stretching since i increased the light intensity and all are growing there first set of real leaves with the plants in soil growing a bit bigger leaves and taller plant, IDK if thats good really haha. i have only started giving nutes to the plants in coco and feed with each watering which is every other day right now with just a tiny bit of runoff and i dont plan on feeding the plants in coco loco for the first 3-4 weeks so at least another couple of weeks till i give it any. not too much else to cover this grow, i hope within the next few days the plant starte producing some nice growth and i will put the plants under the mars hydo 144x5 with just the veg light on at week 3 at the latest as by week 4-5

Family shot, MarsHydro 48x3, temps and General Organics Go box Nutes. i just dont have the biomarine or cal+mag
IMG_067029.JPG
IMG_066836.JPG
IMG_065535.JPG
IMG_065438.JPG
IMG_065635.JPG

Coco Plants
IMG_066237.JPG
IMG_066339.JPG

Soil Plants
IMG_066534.JPG
IMG_066636.JPG
IMG_066735.JPG

nice update bro I hope your autos grow as fast as mine from what I know so far from growing autos which is not much... yet lol start with the lst early I waited to long before I did lst and mine are super tall I now know better next time and I did not think they would get that tall the tallest one was over 29 inches from the soil last time I checked few days ago and is still growing not sure how tall it is now but it looks like I have to raise the light again

Back
Top Bottom