Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Look at kind soil, you only have to water with ph'd water no nutes
Sohum is another great start to finish product. Wish they shipped both to Canada.

hey guys i had a question about breeding im taking a hindu kush skunk male that has made abunch of pollen and crossing it with a female black domina now i was wondering how much do u need to put on the recipient plant here is what i got for a test run i only clipped like 3 lil tips off just to see if i could get some pollen and this is what i got i can go and get a bunch more if needed but here it is so far

20170920_142636.jpg

now how many times do i need to put it on only once or do i do more?? also since it rained later that night when i put it on should i go put more on and not count that first time or shud it be fine?? any and all help would greatly be appreciated :thanks: and :Namaste:

Water immediately neutralizes pollen. Redo it! That should easily be enough for a hundred seeds so depending on how many seeds you want to end up with, I'd consider trying to safely store that in the freezer after you're second application. Or, just dust the whole plant if it's just seeds you're after .

I pull leaves off during both stages flower/veg.
It's usually not that many and it's only when I feel the leaves are blocking potential bud sites.
Hope that helps. Happy growing.
Ive found if I pull dead leafs and leafs that are a blocking and crap that wont amount to shit a little every week its not so much at one time. It also is a little shock weekly instead of a heavy defoil at one time. I scope the crap I pull off. I think a light defoil weekly is best.

Muzzybuds, you got to keep them lights at 18" and do what ever you have to do. My plan is to veg this tent run to 2'-2 1/2' then flip. I hope I dont run out of room too.

Fox Farm is a Calif. company thats been growing weed since the 60's. Or have been making products for growing weed for a long time. Im glad its available for me. With only 5-6 yard grows I finally used it by their schedule last year and it couldent of been better. Surprising, read the directions. I thought Big Bloom was for flower only but the directions say different. I get big, beautifuly dense buds with FF by their schedule.

Last week sqirtin them with the hose to rid the Russets I ripped a big main Banana cola 95% off and I taped it up and no wilt. I couldent believe it. Ive had stocks damn near rip in half and no droop either.

Blazin Jones, I think you should pollinate maybe 3 times in a week and thats it. Rain free days. My first yard grow I bred seeds. I figured why not. I took multiple fem clones to a ordinary blue dream/blueberry male. With this years yard grow I only grew one that i bred and its the only one without a Russet problem. First year Im growing fancy bought seeds and all are infested. I dont know if what I bred in the yard is immune to the Russets. But you know that 90% of next years out door will be what ive bred. All the fancy bought seeds will be grown inside. I do a spring yard grow every year and Ive thought of breeding them. Their done by June outside. I got a ton of seeds from my first breeding to grow and 90% are killer so far.

Can anyone suggest a treatment plan for the yard area with the Russets once the plants are pulled? Id like to treat my yard grow area between grows and not sure with what. I understand it as the Fem. Russet hibernates and lays eggs the next year to stay alive, not the eggs lasting and then hatching in the spring? This kinda dictates treatment. Fuck if its the eggs that last and hatch, much more difficult to control. Im thinking once the eggs are laid theres a incubation period and they hatch regardless??

Great Day 420

I have something nawing on my outside plant. Only stem leaving leaf n bud. I've caged it and still happing. Don't see tracks of an animal Any suggestions would be appreciated

DO you have any cats that could get through the cage spacing? Kitties love them some herb, damn stoners. Get a magnifying lens and pull some of the leaves off that were nibbled and check for eggs/larvae. I can't grow outside here as we have a farm up in the mountains and have a ton of barn cats that would feast on my meds.

I have something nawing on my outside plant. Only stem leaving leaf n bud. I've caged it and still happing. Don't see tracks of an animal Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sprays with some neem oil and ro ratio d spray under leafs but careful near the buds or unscented dawn dish soap I'm trying as well I had mites and trying to keep up . But neem oil seems to be helping.

I heard if grew certain things like onions I think around it deters pest as well but I've yet to test that therory.

Neem oil seems to be my trick so far but need to spray every three or four days as preventative measures . I'm a bit bad for forgetting .

Sprays with some neem oil and ro ratio d spray under leafs but careful near the buds or unscented dawn dish soap I'm trying as well I had mites and trying to keep up . But neem oil seems to be helping.

I heard if grew certain things like onions I think around it deters pest as well but I've yet to test that therory.

Neem oil seems to be my trick so far but need to spray every three or four days as preventative measures . I'm a bit bad for forgetting .

Will Neem oil kill all pests or is it only effective on certain ones? I used it on my spider mites and after 2 applications it wiped them out. Good stuff for sure but I don't know what all it kills. I just ask since he doesn't know what it is will it kill off all the pests he could have. Having some pics to look at would help the more experienced guys like King Joe give targeted advice.

Just wondering what the best soil is for start to finish for autos .I'd like to use a good soil that I'd only need to use just base nutrients on . Any ideas ? I've been using promix hp but I wanted to try something different.

Build a soil and kis organics both have seed to harvest soil blends that require water only.

Will Neem oil kill all pests or is it only effective on certain ones? I used it on my spider mites and after 2 applications it wiped them out. Good stuff for sure but I don't know what all it kills. I just ask since he doesn't know what it is will it kill off all the pests he could have. Having some pics to look at would help the more experienced guys like King Joe give targeted advice.

I am not sure of what all it kills I o ow it is good for thirps mites for sure not sure about catipillars or what not . I'll see if I can find more out .

I don't think it kills everything but definitely helps with a lot. I use it in my veggie garden to get rid of caterpillars.

No she hasnt, quick question. Should I start flower on her
420-magazine-mobile1318188905.jpg

As far as I've read/heard/seen, flowering should be induced (12/12 lighting) based on height. I got into it a couple weeks ago on this thread as well because i was prepping to flip. I just did this past Monday.

You should have preflowers to identify the sex, mine were feminized seeds with no major stress so i don't see them being anything but ladies. The preflowers came in and i got a few pistils before the flip. But from most people, this seems to be just for avoiding males, everyone focuses on size.

You have to imagine 2-3 times the size you have now. Most plants double but I'm told some can triple in size during the initial 2 weeks of flowering. Check out my journal for an idea as over the next couple weeks you should see some stretch. If you have the space, the consensus seems to be to let them veg as long as your patience will allow.

Good luck.

I don't know about neem oil. I never used it. But what I do know is that diatomaceous earth kills everything and on top of that it's actually good for your plants :) Can be used to kill anything for the whole duration of the grow. You'll have to wash the buds though if you use it during flowering. Best anti insect remedy I've used.

You can also eat it - it's actually very healthy for humans and pets :) Can also be used to treat your pets for flies, ticks, worms and so on.

And it makes your plants look so cool and ghostly
mhp001.jpg
mhp002.jpg

hey, can i join in on the conversation? i`m a dumb novice, learning as i go, but i just had an emergency situation when i discovered whiteflies, pressure washed, then applied a soap and water spray. i was already looking around for how to focus in on the trichomes without a loupe and am trying to use a magnifying glass (which is misplaced right now) and celphone camera. but my problem is this. the plant still had a lot of white hairs, maybe 50-50 white-red, but after the washing i see absolutely no white hairs. i must have blown them right off. can someone look at my buds and tell my if you think i should just chop em down and suffer the loss hopefully praying and getting something decent at least? thanks. it seemed the red hairs stil hadn`t curled in much, like the buds still had some maturing to do, they`re fat but not very dense.

Back
Top Bottom