Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

Screenshot_2015-11-11-23-19-09-1-1.jpg

In last few days of 420encyclopedia reading, i seem to have forgotten, or maybe i didnt even read..

How long do you ponytail for, 6hrs a day.. Upto what node? Whens the stopping point?

Edit: you can point me back to page one, 'reread', id understand:laughtwo:

In last few days of 420encyclopedia reading, i seem to have forgotten, or maybe i didnt even read..

How long do you ponytail for, 6hrs a day.. Upto what node? Whens the stopping point?

Edit: you can point me back to page one, 'reread', id understand:laughtwo:

Top section of fan leaves 6 hours a day every other day

420 Member

Post Thanks / Like
Re: Auto Pounder Grow
Hello, I've never personally grew that particular strain but I have grown with auto-flowering plants for close to 2 years now and I would like to share my experiences with you.

A pound with any cannabis plant is a growers dream! unfortunately ( and I am un fermillier with your strain) I do not think you will get vary close to 16 dry ounces, Trust me I don't like bursting bubbles but I have experienced and seen many auto-flowing cannabis grows.

One thing I can tell you the success rate of a auto-flowering plant is a lot harder to achieve then a Photo-period cannabis plant, Its not really harder but people go about growing them as if they were growing a photo-period plant and they are not.

I will try and hit all the key points that has made my auto-flowers produce close to 4-8 ounces most of the time ( my preferred auto-flower is the Pineapple Express)

Any type of High stress will murder your yield plain and simple, This plant is flipping through several growth stages (like the Photo-period) only difference is Auto-flowers do this much faster and while Super-cropping and topping etc works for Photo-period plants (mainly because they have time to recover!) It does not work for Auto-flowering plants, believe it or not letting it grow straight up and introducing no stress will land you Thick Dense and heavy colas.

The next point I want to make is Plant your auto-flowering plant in the pot it will be in its entire life! The root structure of a auto-flowering plant is much different then a photo-period (at first) in the fact that it sends its tap root straight down! and during this time you will get some good growth and you don't want to stop that by stressing it. Good advice would be a taller pot, this allows more time for the tap root to find its way to the bottom. ( I have a hydroponic Pineapple express started 2 days ago and just went into cube, Your more then welcome to come check it out in a week or so ill have pics of the tap root)

I can not stress enough how transplanting will hurt this plant, Once the tap root is established if you transplant she will start growing down all over again really screwing up ur plant.

Finally DO NOT start blooming nutrients un till you see bud formations, as the plant will start stretching and going through rapid growth but this is NOT the beginning of budding.

This is a type of plant you want to water it and forget about it till the next watering and let it grow. (even LSTing to one side is going to dramatically slow her growth down)

Please remember this is all information I have acquired while trying to grow auto's the first auto that I grew only give me an ounce because I did not know all of this and there was and still is vary limited info on the matter. So don't believe it just cause I said it, try it out yourself and come up with your own conclusion.

Ok that about wraps it up, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Ill be poking around your journal to see how you are doing

Hope everyone has a great day!
Thank Likes snakelad, Jay233, Light Addict, RSOiler, grannyT and 1 others liked this post

Atrain asked me to share my success story with ponytailing with you all. :battingeyelashes:

One of the reasons my Carnival now looks like this

image3024.jpeg

image3030.jpeg

is because I used the ponytail technique of LST, inspired by Atrain's successful use of the technique with his first grow, which garnered him the first of his POTM awards. Hard to argue with that kind of success, eh? That's what I thought too. So I put her through five sessions over a nine day period, tying her up for 6 hours at a time.

Her first session. (Day 35)

image30653.jpg

Immediately after and 6 hours later. She's droopy in that later shot because it's close to lights off and she was tired.

image30784.jpg

The second session. (Day 37)

image30757.jpg

image30758.jpg

image30863.jpg

The next day, exploding with growth.

image30870.jpg

The third session. (Day 39)

image30909.jpg

Immediately after.

image30934.jpg

The next day.

image30986.jpg

The fourth session. (Day 41)

image31062.jpg

The next day

image31152.jpg

The fifth session. (Day 44) I don't have a decent picture of her that day, but it's more telling the next day anyhow. This is the next day.

image31396.jpg

Bottom line, it works, and works like a charm. You notice in looking through these pictures that I brought in additional lighting. Light is the engine that drives the grow. What makes this technique so effective is the way it lets light into the interior and pumps up the new growth. Without good lighting you're spitting in the wind IMHO.

This ponytailing technique, used with good lighting will grow bigger, bushier plants that yield more than plants simply left alone.

A comparison shot from first session to last.

image3189.jpeg

Well, that was fun. :laughtwo: Took me the greater part of two hours to track that down and format and I had the time of my life. Never got to bed though, so I think I'll go grab a couple hours. See you later Atrain. It was my pleasure. Really. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Haha and fatrt that's to funny mass! I thought about having ductwork from bedroom to the tent to take in co2 from me and my wife while the lights where on!

I left my co2 meter in our bedroom for a few weeks and was blown away. My co2 meter maxes out at 3,000ppm. The co2 in our bedroom never dropped below 1,000. Once we got into the room and closed the door, within minutes the co2 would rise by 500. Within an hour to three hours it would go over the max of 3,000ppm.

For this reason, I keep a fan going, even in winter and door open or window cracked.

Our bedroom is 10x11x9.

Using the air from a bedroom would be great free co2. I am sure they sell some type of vacuum pump that would gather the air from a room and fill a pressure tank of some sort. You could then use those tanks like a c02 tank.

I just thought of an awesome idea!

Buddha Magnum is a friggin' massive ball bush. I will get some pics.

I might push Dark Devil to her potential and get 4oz. Too soon to tell, but she is fattening up nicely. I'm growing her in pure rockwool.

The auto Critical by Royal Queen Seeds is like a massive sativa. She has a nice even canopy now though. I had to straight super crop several branches.

'

Back
Top Bottom