Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

Hey now..... what's up guys ... I know you all have seen I'm not around as much as I have been but I still READ EVERY SINGLE POST IN MY THREAD .. even if I don't have time to respond I read them. Lets keep it all cool.... positive vibes and sharing is what grows awesome plants. Difference in opinion is what drives. Change that can result in furtherment of strains and growing skills... but negative energy through anything will drag it down

Hoople this makes sense I have an extreme buzz but I love you all

LST for the win. I copied ATrains pic ;)

20151223_204124.jpg

I count 15 tops, in the stretch

20151223_204211.jpg

Don't let that above pic fool you, the top canopy is tight like a flat top....level like a mason ;)

Hey now..... what's up guys ... I know you all have seen I'm not around as much as I have been but I still READ EVERY SINGLE POST IN MY THREAD .. even if I don't have time to respond I read them. Lets keep it all cool.... positive vibes and sharing is what grows awesome plants. Difference in opinion is what drives. Change that can result in furtherment of strains and growing skills... but negative energy through anything will drag it down

Hoople this makes sense I have an extreme buzz but I love you all

Well.....

The idea was to get a conversation going about the necessity of using MH. It is not something that I am doing now.

I have avoided using MH or HPS for vege because of heat issues other than a 400W that I use for a week or two before I start them in flower. Then I got to adding up the T5s and T8s I am using as well as the 400W. That is about 1K and about all the power I can draw and still run the flower room.

I can swich to MH, HPS, Led or something more exotic. Thoughts from anyone are welcome.

Another question is, what to look for in a PAR meter and what is a fair price?

The questions are not really Auto specific though others here probably have experience in upgrades like this.

Best
canyon

Well.....

The idea was to get a conversation going about the necessity of using MH. It is not something that I am doing now.

I have avoided using MH or HPS for vege because of heat issues other than a 400W that I use for a week or two before I start them in flower. Then I got to adding up the T5s and T8s I am using as well as the 400W. That is about 1K and about all the power I can draw and still run the flower room.

I can swich to MH, HPS, Led or something more exotic. Thoughts from anyone are welcome.

The questions are not really Auto specific though others here probably have experience in upgrades like this.

Best
canyon

yeah i was talking totally from my perspective. everyone is different and has different circumstances. mine are that i am already invested into a lot of MH/HPS gear. my power is pretty cheap living in a poor county.. for me to convert and generate the same amount of PAR i do now would require thousands if i were to switch to LED. eventually, like the conventional stuff the prices will come down to where i can justify the switch. i would prefer to go LED honestly.. it's a thrilling concept. i like them more for heat reduction than anything, but the green side of it is attractive as well.

Here's what I have seen first hand in my tent... it may seem crazy and I am trying to learn more about PAR and other ways to measure but to me I do not believe PAR readings of LED and MH or even HPS are the same.... I know that make no sense but to me the first hand experience the LED is more proficient in delivering it's energy?? The spectrums seemed tuned in specifically and they thrive under the LED panels. But I can say due to time and how my flow works the first ten to 15 days of life my Lil ones go under the Ole t5... and if it wasn't for heat I would start them under a 600w mh.... to each there own if I wouldn't have won the LED I would still be HID and like stated earlier if your already money invested in those then stick with it get your money out of them for sure. But the future in my humble opinion is LED it's going to save money it's vastly more proficient less than half the wasted light and half the heat.

Well.....

Best
canyon

So what are you asking canyon..... is it a necessity to run MH during veg? You are currently using t5? But ypu could swith to LED if needed?

All of u fi..n guys n gales r so dam awesome I swear.. So helpful. I think I'm getting the idea...ideas.. Now I prolly might just try tying a few side branches down or the main a little here and there just to get light in some for them to grow a bit more. A-train I bought the MH/hps set up,mostly to start with because it was just a very cost-effectiveness "so to speak" beginners light source..... U no?? I would love to go led maybe one day.. Also I googled stress free l.s.t to get a little more info thanks for the lead..

You'll do fine with MH HPS I don't care what anyone here says because I have seen it first hand... your light source matters quality light helps YES I AGREE .... in my opinion your bread and butter is in your understanding your plants environment and food needs in whatever soil or medium you are running...

Remember we all have these huge fancy lights and bell and whistles and remote control led with 1 million watts but TaNg has a 75 watt led directed on plants pulling over 5 zips every grow....

His environment and feed achedule are DIALED IN... focus your time and energy there and work your lights up as ypu go.... remember my plants of the month were massive and grown under a t5 hood with a few cfl to light the sides

Atrain,

Thanks and thanks for the reminder about what is going on below ground and the need to watch other environmental issues.

If I am going to start growing autos or more likely autos along with photos, I need to upgrade the vege lighting. One problem I have is I keep plants in vege until they get rather large. So, I have a rather large area that needs good light. It will take three lights the way I have it set up now to do it best.

When I started asking questions here, I thought HPS and a wide hood would work best for the cost. Now I am thinking one good large mostly blue LED and keep the T5s. This should keep any autos happy most of there lives. Then I have an old magnetic 600W HPS I have loaned to a friend that I could use to finish any autos in the vege room.

Thanks all, this has been one of those "What to do? What to do" things that I could not decide on.

Best
canyon

Back
Top Bottom