Autoflower Stretching?

SmokAlott

My Critical Purple Auto is stretching is this going to be ok

Attachments

• 20190517_095134.jpg
    20190517_095134.jpg
    950.8 KB · Views: 179
Hey @SmokAlott! They sure are stretching. Bring your light closer (make sure it's not too close - stretching is better than frying your plant with your light). If there is not already, put a fan in your setup to create some air flow which will strengthen your stem. If she keep stretching, i'd give her some support like a chopstick or something to ensure it won't snap or fall over. Hope this helps a bit
Happy growing :Namaste: See you around.

Hey @SmokAlott! They sure are stretching. Bring your light closer (make sure it's not too close - stretching is better than frying your plant with your light). If there is not already, put a fan in your setup to create some air flow which will strengthen your stem. If she keep stretching, i'd give her some support like a chopstick or something to ensure it won't snap or fall over. Hope this helps a bit
Happy growing :Namaste: See you around.
Great advice thanks

i have a question. Do you have to change the light cycle with an autoflowering plant? i have a valpar spectra 450 watt led fixture. It has a veg setting and a bloom setting., Do u just use the veg setting during veg? do you just use the bloom setting for bloom? do you run this light with both on at once?
Help!!!
tom

i have a question. Do you have to change the light cycle with an autoflowering plant? i have a valpar spectra 450 watt led fixture. It has a veg setting and a bloom setting., Do u just use the veg setting during veg? do you just use the bloom setting for bloom? do you run this light with both on at once?
Help!!!
tom
from the description on amazon for the v450

Attachments

• 363619ce-5ffa-446a-af83-052bdbc373c5._CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970__.jpg
    363619ce-5ffa-446a-af83-052bdbc373c5._CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970__.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 25
Many of us struggle with stretchy seedlings mate. It's not easy to get it right under lots of light. Too close they burn, too far they stretch For that reason a lot of us use CFL or low power LEDs for the first 2 weeks.
I got a 130w CFL reflector and it's awesome. Keep it at 6 inches and gets em perfect every time. Was only £30 and replacement bulbs are a tenner. Cuts 2 weeks off the grow aswell cos can just start em in a cupboard or whatever .

Many of us struggle with stretchy seedlings mate. It's not easy to get it right under lots of light. Too close they burn, too far they stretch For that reason a lot of us use CFL or low power LEDs for the first 2 weeks.
I got a 130w CFL reflector and it's awesome. Keep it at 6 inches and gets em perfect every time. Was only £30 and replacement bulbs are a tenner. Cuts 2 weeks off the grow aswell cos can just start em in a cupboard or whatever .
Ive found on mine some do it some dont. Maybe certain genetics. I keep my light like the manufacturer suggests which is 32 inches away in veg and 22 in flower. I do this every grow and i find some stretch while others dont. I have a Cream auto that stretched. Big time and a Cheese that didnt. Both came up the same time too so i think it's simply genetic?

Ive found on mine some do it some dont. Maybe certain genetics. I keep my light like the manufacturer suggests which is 32 inches away in veg and 22 in flower. I do this every grow and i find some stretch while others dont. I have a Cream auto that stretched. Big time and a Cheese that didnt. Both came up the same time too so i think it's simply genetic?
UK Cheese is Indica so will grow stocky plants. Not sure what the cream is but I imagine if you check it'll be sativa dom.
So yeah, it is genetic in that respect.
I can't start em under blurps or HP's to save my life tho. Had a few stretch that much they snapped lol. Just makes life easier with the CFL.

Back
Top Bottom