Automaria II (First Grow)

I didn't break up the soil in the root ball, for fear of damaging the roots, hope that's OK.
:thumb:

As for prewatering my soil, I used about half a gal of water for a 3 gal mix of soil..
I use a 1/2 gal of water per plant in 3 gals

As far as rewatering, it will probably be down to 1 1/2 days or so, as the Smart Pot allows allot more air into the medium, and dries it much quicker.
Look how big my plants are in 3 gals, and it takes them 4-5 days to go through 1/2 gal of water. Depending on your atmos conditions, 3-7 days between waterings.

Your survivor is just that, keep up the good work.

:thumb:

I use a 1/2 gal of water per plant in 3 gals

Look how big my plants are in 3 gals, and it takes them 4-5 days to go through 1/2 gal of water. Depending on your atmos conditions, 3-7 days between waterings.

Your survivor is just that, keep up the good work.

Thx for the feedback. Good to see your still alive ;p

Only thing I wish I did different, was add the superthrive to the saturation of the pot before transplanting. Read that in your journal AFTER I already did it haha.

When should I use it?? Also, thoughts on molasses every other watering??

Well, you should remedy that and give her a name.
I nominate the name Sophie :)

No ones contesting it! Ive had the tags for awhile, just havent gotten around to it.

Picked up some large reflectors, plan to get some sticks tomorrow at work to add in 4 new lights for the undergrowth, already shes casting a tinsy bit of shade over herself.

Looking awesome dude! Shes cute, treat her good!

My 2 autos hermied, just found pods an hour ago.. : / Still am going to grow them out if they dont mess with the Short Stuff Onyx thats only 9 days old.

Looking awesome dude! Shes cute, treat her good!

My 2 autos hermied, just found pods an hour ago.. : / Still am going to grow them out if they dont mess with the Short Stuff Onyx thats only 9 days old.

Haha, I know man, she's the best girl I have in my life right now ;p shhh

Too bad about the hermies, were they femm'd? You should get a journal goin, would love to tune in!

Man, I don't know what's wrong with my plant. I got a Big Bang auto, and it's three feet tall, just starting to show pistils. I planted early-mid june, so I expected some flowers to show up by now, but it's friggin huge and no buds. I can't tell if I got ripped off or what, because it's flowering season for the regular weed.

Looks great, other than being eaten by grasshoppers.

What's the timeline for your plant? How many weeks veg did you observe? And when did you transplant? (Sorry I'm too lazy to look through 12 pages.)

Man, I don't know what's wrong with my plant. I got a Big Bang auto, and it's three feet tall, just starting to show pistils. I planted early-mid june, so I expected some flowers to show up by now, but it's friggin huge and no buds. I can't tell if I got ripped off or what, because it's flowering season for the regular weed.

Looks great, other than being eaten by grasshoppers.

What's the timeline for your plant? How many weeks veg did you observe? And when did you transplant? (Sorry I'm too lazy to look through 12 pages.)

Do you know the age of your girl?? Got any pics, would love to see =)

I dropped the seeds in water July 14, so over 2 months ago =X But I had a few minor transplants I believe that set them back.

My last REAL transplant (to the 3 gallon smart-pot) was Aug 14.

Shes only like 6 inches tall, but FULL of white pistils all over, hope she adapts to the new pot and sends her roots out. Then she'll shoot up, tall as yours, fingers crossed.

Added in 4, 2700k CFLs last night, good thing I only have 1 girl left, I couldnt fit 3 more with these big ass reflectors in there haha. Will get an updated pic later tonight, thanks all!!

Sophie with her new lights

New_Lights2.jpg

Excuse the bad handwriting, and I wouldn't suggest googling the name ;p

4 New CFL's, 2700k spectrum, yes I know that's for flowering, but I already have the 6000k's in the T5 fixture. When she goes into flowering I'll prolly swap them both out. But shes showing hairs, so figured it wouldn't hurt...

HEY MAN!!!!! I found out why my big bang is not flowering. It's not an auto!!!!!! When I bought the seeds I said big bang autoflower. I thought all this time that's what it was, but after some careful thinking, I realized they gave me the non-auto big bang. Then I looked at the package, no where does it say auto. They must not have heard me, or the guy just didn't know.

I was so stoked to watch a plant flower in the middle of summer....

Oh, and it looks like your plant is stunted. From what I've seen, it won't get much taller, but the bud will fatten up nicely. It'll look like a lollypop.

Put some seeds directly into those smartpots, or start in peat pellets, then into the smartpots when they pop up. Only way to avoid transplant shock.

I think I might have said that already.

Lol, good you got your stuff straightened out.

I've been kinda feelin that myself. Its not this final transplant that did her in, but I believe just to much screwin around the first few weeks. This run kinda worked the kinks out. A little on the expensive side but I learned ALLOT.

I still have two freebies to try for the next run, but gonna have to LST them. Also not gonna be able to fit these reflectors in with more than one 3 gal pot. Will have to come up with a new fixture.

Sophie is looking good man.. :)

I would be careful of those side lights bro. They are going to heat the soil and dry it out the way I see you have them now. The size of your girl and the fact that its just her you should be able to just use just the t5. At least remove the lower cfls that are below the top of the smart pot.

It will be a week since transplant in the bigger pot and you see some solid growth soon as the roots take hold of the new soil.

(quote from wiki)
SUPERthrive is a WARF testing lab certified non-toxic liquid concentrated growth enhancer product for plants, which has been available since 1940. It contains ".09% vitamin B1, .048% 1-Napthyl acetic acid",[1].

From what i've researched it helps vertical root development. If you have superthrive I suggest using 1/2 a teaspoon per 2 gallons.

I would go get your OC+ also. it's no muss no fuss. You can put like 2 tablespoons of OC+ prills into a small piece of nylon and lay it on top of the soil. Water though it. It will provide all the base nutes you need. If Sophie doesn't respond positive then just pull the OC+ nylon and go from there.

At this point you just want consistent nutes and a plant friendly environment.

:goodjob: and :goodluck:

Bio..

Update:

Watering tomorrow morn with nutes & super thrive, forgot to get molasses... =(

Top_View9.jpg

Undergrowth7.jpg

Shes gotta lot going on downstairs, well to a first time grower. And it looks like shes all covered in sugar or something, even her top leaves.

I'd ditch all that side lighting and get that T5 array down on that plant. Floros work best if they are within 3 inches of the tops.

Grabbed this pic of some clones I had to give you an idea. The light can be lower that this even.

091710-pic5 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Color looks good and the trichomes are forming (the sugar). ;)

I'd ditch all that side lighting and get that T5 array down on that plant. Floros work best if they are within 3 inches of the tops.

Grabbed this pic of some clones I had to give you an idea. The light can be lower that this even.

091710-pic5 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Color looks good and the trichomes are forming (the sugar). ;)

Ty Mr. Munki, a pleasure to have your input!

Reflectors are gone, just wish I could get some sort of lighting going underneath...

Updated_Lighting.jpg

With these trichs forming already, you think shes gonna be a shorty =/ Transplant was 6 days ago, so hopefully by this weekend we'll see any growth.

Watered again this morning. Almost been two weeks since transplant.

No noticeable vertical growth, sadly I believe I made my only girl a runt.

Shes looking good up close, but only 6 inches tall..

Update22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom