First Grow - 400W Mars II LED

- Day 82 / Day 42 of Flowering -

Back with another update on the ladies! 6 weeks of flowering officially in the books! We are patiently progressing to the point where the mighty shears will soon come pay a visit to these girls. Temps have shot up a bit to 82-84 due to the small, recent heat wave I've had over here; RH is hanging around 45-50%. Over the last week, I made some adjustments in my grow plan. I'm still working with the diminishing light schedule (being the start of Week 7, my light schedule is now 10 on/14 off) and added defoliating into the mix. I know it's hotter than a whore in church when it comes up for debate on whether one should defoliate or not, but being in the tradition of experimenting with this grow, I went for it. Here are the results after the last week:

image_20_1.jpeg

image_19_2.jpeg
image_18_1.jpeg

Too heavy to stand on her own so she's hanging on with some dental floss from the top bar of my tent. She's getting pretty damn frosty as well:

image_17_1.jpeg
image_13_7.jpeg

Now this one concerns me a bit. I examined all the bud sites to make sure it wasn't mold/rot and everything checked out ok. I'm thinking it just may be that it's finishing up and sucking all the nitrogen out of the leaves to cause this deficiency, but wanted to gather other opinions. Any ideas?

image_16_2.jpeg
image_15_4.jpeg
image_14_5.jpeg

Thanks again for checking in! Hope you all had a great weekend!

-Buck

Thanks for the photos! Great shots!

Defoliating - whether or not you're "supposed to do it" - sure does brig out the flowering sites nicely. So, the energy is now supposed to go more towards the budding process with defoliating or is it also better exposure to light? Love that dental floss DIY - looks like it's working great!

That one plant you are concerned about? Could it be that one particular plant isn't responding well to under 12 hrs of light? See - I'm acting like I know something LOL! But it is the one variable in the mix that is unusual. I've seen pics of die of in leaves in late budding and hear that is typical.

Good luck and keep us posted

:Namaste:

Thanks for the photos! Great shots!

Defoliating - whether or not you're "supposed to do it" - sure does brig out the flowering sites nicely. So, the energy is now supposed to go more towards the budding process with defoliating or is it also better exposure to light? Love that dental floss DIY - looks like it's working great!

That one plant you are concerned about? Could it be that one particular plant isn't responding well to under 12 hrs of light? See - I'm acting like I know something LOL! But it is the one variable in the mix that is unusual. I've seen pics of die of in leaves in late budding and hear that is typical.

Good luck and keep us posted

:Namaste:

Hahaha but at least it's something that could be right. Defoliating is suppose to do just that - give light to the budding sites as well as focus the plant's energy on them as well. Maybe she doesn't like to be defoliated and now I screwed her up, but we'll see. From the looks of things, I have about 2 weeks or so to go. Gotta get my loupe/microscope ready. Any recommendations on those? I see a lot on amazon for cheap, but the quality isn't the greatest.

Gotta get my loupe/microscope ready. Any recommendations on those? I see a lot on amazon for cheap, but the quality isn't the greatest.

IDK about loupes so much - I use my roommates and he got his a long time ago for gem study. That's what they used to be for - so you can look at jewels. I guess it would depend on how much you wanna spend. I'd call a jewelry store maybe and ask for a brand name or go to some gem/geology website.

I think a lot of companies are figuring out home cannabis cultivators are a growing business and want to jump on board the money train LOL!

:peace:

Look up lapidary supplies. Start at around 8 bucks and up. I have one and use it a lot at this time of year and it works as a macro attachment on my IPhone camera if yah hold juust right.

Look up lapidary supplies. Start at around 8 bucks and up. I have one and use it a lot at this time of year and it works as a macro attachment on my IPhone camera if yah hold juust right.

Appreciate the info man! After reading for a bit tonight on loupes, usb micrscopes, etc, I finally decided to go with this little toy from Amazon: USB Microscope

Looks like you are well on your way to a great harvest.

Have you considered adding a kill-a-watt to track your electricity use for the grow? I think some folks would love to see some total electric use to yield numbers, and nerdy tech stuff is cool just because it's tech stuff.

Looks like you are well on your way to a great harvest.

Have you considered adding a kill-a-watt to track your electricity use for the grow? I think some folks would love to see some total electric use to yield numbers, and nerdy tech stuff is cool just because it's tech stuff.

Great idea. Unfortunately, that didn't cross my mind during this grow. Maybe for the next grow, I'll pick one up

Back
Top Bottom