Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Been wanting to get into that myself. Those freezers seems to be expensive though

I don't think he keeps them in freezers. He has a rack with a low power light and the tissues sit in some sort of solution. When he wants to grow a strain, he takes a small piece from the tissue and starts growing it. (I am sure that there is more to it than that, but thats the 20,000 foot view)

Hi Pat and everyone else,

My first post on this forum... just been lurking in the shadows. Pat's journal broke my forum virginity :welldone:

Congrats on a very nice grow Pat! It's quite inspiring that you are getting such good results so early in the game. I'm on my first indoor grow ever and have learnt quite a bit from yours and Skoondawg's journals so far so thanks for that. It's a CFL grow of Amnesia Haze so nothing fancy as far as equipment goes.

I'm in Cape Town (South Africa :-D) as well and was interested to know what the total cost of getting your Mars Hydro light to your doorstep was if I may ask please? Apologies if you mentioned the price in your journal and I missed it. I must admit my jaw dropped when I seen the price difference between buying it locally vs from Mars Hydro themselves... holy shit!

Oh I have a feminized Amnesia Haze seed which I bought from Nirvana Seeds in Amsterdam I'm keen to swop for a high THC indica seed of some sort if someone is interested. I have had 100% germination success rate so far with them (germinated 2) using the paper towel method. So far they have been relatively easy to grow once I got the PH sorted that is. Before I got my PH pen I literally put one of them in the bin because it looked so ragged as a result of too high PH values but decided to give it a few more days and now it's the stronger of the 2! I honestly did not think a plant could bounce back from that but it goes to show how strong these plants are.

Thanks in advance and happy growing!

Hi Pat and everyone else,

My first post on this forum... just been lurking in the shadows. Pat's journal broke my forum virginity :welldone:

Congrats on a very nice grow Pat! It's quite inspiring that you are getting such good results so early in the game. I'm on my first indoor grow ever and have learnt quite a bit from yours and Skoondawg's journals so far so thanks for that. It's a CFL grow of Amnesia Haze so nothing fancy as far as equipment goes.

I'm in Cape Town (South Africa :-D) as well and was interested to know what the total cost of getting your Mars Hydro light to your doorstep was if I may ask please? Apologies if you mentioned the price in your journal and I missed it. I must admit my jaw dropped when I seen the price difference between buying it locally vs from Mars Hydro themselves... holy shit!

Oh I have a feminized Amnesia Haze seed which I bought from Nirvana Seeds in Amsterdam I'm keen to swop for a high THC indica seed of some sort if someone is interested. I have had 100% germination success rate so far with them (germinated 2) using the paper towel method. So far they have been relatively easy to grow once I got the PH sorted that is. Before I got my PH pen I literally put one of them in the bin because it looked so ragged as a result of too high PH values but decided to give it a few more days and now it's the stronger of the 2! I honestly did not think a plant could bounce back from that but it goes to show how strong these plants are.

Thanks in advance and happy growing!
Whats up buddy thanks for joining along. Head on over to my new journal where I am growing a Gorilla Glue #4. I don't mind at all, cost was about 8300/8400 with everything included. I know Skoon mentioned you I have him on Whatsapp. You can let him know if you want to add me on it too so we can speak more frequently. Already got another bloke that lives close by on wa and I go over and help him out. Blessings aiya

Hey Sara. I started a new journal with Gorilla Glue #4 under the 700w series ii

Pat, I can't find that link to your new grow. Are you sure that you added the link to your signature brother?

Pat, I can't find that link to your new grow. Are you sure that you added the link to your signature brother?
It should be there brother. Right at the bottom. The app on the phones never pick it up which really sucks.

Pat Gets Hairy With A Gorilla

There is a link to the new one, I wonder if the admin can add it so that sigs are visible on the app. I know on the website it works perfectly but I just switched to the app because it is so convenient.

Whats up buddy thanks for joining along. Head on over to my new journal where I am growing a Gorilla Glue #4. I don't mind at all, cost was about 8300/8400 with everything included. I know Skoon mentioned you I have him on Whatsapp. You can let him know if you want to add me on it too so we can speak more frequently. Already got another bloke that lives close by on wa and I go over and help him out. Blessings aiya

Thanks Pat much appreciated. Heading over to your Gorilla Glue grow :thumb:

Looks awesome !
I'm seeing lots of people going on about CalMag , can anyone tell me why it's so important and if so why is it not included in the nutes we buy . Is it really more important to use calmag when growing with LED?

Looks awesome !
I'm seeing lots of people going on about CalMag , can anyone tell me why it's so important and if so why is it not included in the nutes we buy . Is it really more important to use calmag when growing with LED?
Whats up Stutt, yeah bru the plants need to receive all the essential nutes. Some nutes does not contain a large amount of Calcium or Magnesium so giving it through that is the way to go :thumb: apparently the LED makes the plant use more of it than it would for a traditional HID setup. I assume it would be because of more spectrum covered by the LED

Whats up Stutt, yeah bru the plants need to receive all the essential nutes. Some nutes does not contain a large amount of Calcium or Magnesium so giving it through that is the way to go :thumb: apparently the LED makes the plant use more of it than it would for a traditional HID setup. I assume it would be because of more spectrum covered by the LED

I used to grow in soil and very seldom had calmag def. When I changed to coco had def. right away. I use 2-3ml per liter and no problems any more.

I used to grow in soil and very seldom had calmag def. When I changed to coco had def. right away. I use 2-3ml per liter and no problems any more.

I love soil!! When done right, so low maintenance! Good to see another New Englander around these parts Bill!

Looks awesome !
As far as i know if u use tap water u dont need calmag. Ro water yes. I used leds and no calmag.

you mean you use LED grow,but do not need extra cal/mag?
As far as i know if u use tap water u dont need calmag. Ro water yes. I used leds and no calmag.

Very lucky if you've never had problems.
Yep..lucky. I use tap water (when I've got no rainwater) and as I'm in Coco and use LED's I've started using Cal/Mag. I used to get rusty/yellow bottom leaves before and don't anymore. For the $20 per 750mls, it's worth it (I reckon).
Love your journal btw, Pat! Respect.

Yep..lucky. I use tap water (when I've got no rainwater) and as I'm in Coco and use LED's I've started using Cal/Mag. I used to get rusty/yellow bottom leaves before and don't anymore. For the $20 per 750mls, it's worth it (I reckon).
Love your journal btw, Pat! Respect.
Hey Anna! Yeah they do start to exhibit calmag deficiencies. I had a small one early in this journal but sorted it out atleast. Join me for my new journal if you would like :passitleft: it definitely is worth it

Back
Top Bottom