First Grow - 400W Mars II LED

Day 69 / Day 29 of Flowering

I've been out for a few days, but back in the game to share with you guys some updates on the 3 ladies. Since tonight is the start of Week 5, I have cut back my light cycle down to 11 on / 13 off as the experiment continues. I'm looking to finish the cycle at 9 on / 15 off by the time these babies are ready to harvest. Temps and RH have remained constant at a range of 77-82 degrees and 43-50%. Other than that, nothing really new to report other to tantalize with some pics:

Looks like a little nitrogen deficiency since I've cut the nitrogen in my feedings minus the TBSP/gal of Cal/Mag, but she's producing some nice buds. All girls are strictly on a flowering feeding schedule:

image_11_7.jpeg

image_12_7.jpeg

This one has a instinct skunk/diesel/fruity funk to it. Love the different aromas each plant produces!

image_8_20.jpeg

image_13_5.jpeg

She sports a nice citrusy funk which reminds me of a orange/grapefruit rind with a bit of cheese.

image_9_19.jpeg

image_10_8.jpeg

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Stay safe.

-Buck

- Day 71 / Day 31 of Flowering -

I decided to do some back building on the buds per Light Addict's thread (here) so I'm hoping they end up like Lexblaze's beauties. If you haven't had a chance to check out his journal, you can peep it right here showcasing what back building can accomplish.

Here's a few shots post back building. Buds and sugar leaves seem to be getting frostier by the day:

image_9_20.jpeg
image_8_21.jpeg
image_10_9.jpeg

Good job Buck, I did the same to mine. Only cut about half the buds to see if I could tell a difference. Its been about two weeks since I did cut them, but I can't really see a difference. Maybe they are still building....

Good job Buck, I did the same to mine. Only cut about half the buds to see if I could tell a difference. Its been about two weeks since I did cut them, but I can't really see a difference. Maybe they are still building....

Oh you mean those soft balls you have on the bubblicious? :) I'll keep an eye on mine. I know Lex did his around the 6 week mark, but I figured since I'm experimenting with the light cycle, my buds may finish a little earlier than anticipated.

You can really tell that fan leaf is loaded with crystalline goodness. What are you planning on doing with your fan leaves at harvest? Tossing them, keef, saving? I have no idea what to keep and when to keep it, but I figure fan leaves would suck even in the end so don't save any until harvest where they will have some thc for an oil or something.

Edit: I am thinking about getting a Mars II 400W also. It has proven results and I think it'll be ok in the tent replacing the HPS. I'm going to wait, but I almost had the wife buying me one yesterday I was selling that sucker so well. lol

You can really tell that fan leaf is loaded with crystalline goodness. What are you planning on doing with your fan leaves at harvest? Tossing them, keef, saving? I have no idea what to keep and when to keep it, but I figure fan leaves would suck even in the end so don't save any until harvest where they will have some thc for an oil or something.

Edit: I am thinking about getting a Mars II 400W also. It has proven results and I think it'll be ok in the tent replacing the HPS. I'm going to wait, but I almost had the wife buying me one yesterday I was selling that sucker so well. lol

Looking like snow is in the forecast for the next 3-4 weeks on these ladies, lol. I was thinking about keeping the trim for some hash or edibles, but not sure how well that would go down living in an apartment when it comes to cooking that up, but we'll see. Any recommendations?

I'm telling you, you don't be disappointed if you go with a Mars. My journal as well as many others on here have proven these bad boys can grow some weed! And you can't beat the price either. Tell the wife that it's your early Christmas present haha

Well, a friend grinds all his in a small coffee grinder and he smokes the sticky treat that sticks to the lid at the top which is basically hash. I have a small grinder I've never used. I was thinking about trying it or looking into something useful like butter etc. I'm just not sure how much you get off two indoor.

From what I've read about growing LSD and I am currently trying to grow that strain. Look for the plant with leaves that most remind you of lettuce, that plant will be the LSD. Sometimes weird shiney green some ruffled leaves.

Well, a friend grinds all his in a small coffee grinder and he smokes the sticky treat that sticks to the lid at the top which is basically hash. I have a small grinder I've never used. I was thinking about trying it or looking into something useful like butter etc. I'm just not sure how much you get off two indoor.

After the leaves have dried/cured some the coffee grinder is most excellent. For edibles decarboxylation is recommended and there's a lot of opinion on temp/length of this process. It is certainly an overpowering stench! So is properly making the butter.

I'll have to try that with that extra grinder I have lying around somewhere. I'm thinking with all this extra bud, I should really start considering how to roll some sweet joints. I really don't want to waste any part of the plant that can be used, but cooking might be out the window given my current living situation.

From what I've read about growing LSD and I am currently trying to grow that strain. Look for the plant with leaves that most remind you of lettuce, that plant will be the LSD. Sometimes weird shiney green some ruffled leaves.

Thanks for the heads up. I've also read that certain phenos of LSD stretch like crazy after the first weeks of flower and I think I have one of those.

Have you got your entire curing planed out? A friend of mine grows some good herbage, but he occasionally gets the hay smell and I hate that.

Still need to research that part, but any suggestions? I'm looking at getting some CVaults since people really seem to dig those when it comes to curing/bud storage. I have a small one that works wonders

Back
Top Bottom