Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Northern Lights
Day 77

She looks like she’s done in two days, on day 79. I could take her now, she’s at about 5% amber. I want her a bit tighter. Imma give her two more day then take her. She’s done with water, she can finish on a four day drought. Amazing plant. I gotta grow a big one. I haven’t smoked Northern Lights in years, but the taste and smell and buzz is so characteristic I’m finding myself hoping for the earthy, piney, citrusy taste I remember well. She smells like she is right in that profile, so I’m pretty excited for the 48-72 hours that will make me happy before it becomes another oh yeah, haven’t smoked this in a while jar of weed. Lol!

IMG_5262.jpeg

Jungle Pictures
Day 77

Here’s the tent from the back side, and individual shots of the Bruce Banner #3 (purple, almost done, 5% amber), and the hugely gigantic Gorilla Cookies, including buds of each.

IMG_5268.jpeg

IMG_5269.jpeg

IMG_5274.jpeg

IMG_5273.jpeg

IMG_5275.jpeg

Jungle Pictures
Day 77

Here’s the tent from the back side, and individual shots of the Bruce Banner #3 (purple, almost done, 5% amber), and the hugely gigantic Gorilla Cookies, including buds of each.

IMG_5268.jpeg

IMG_5269.jpeg

IMG_5274.jpeg

IMG_5273.jpeg

IMG_5275.jpeg
Plants are looking good Jon

Frosty Tuesday
🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

It’s getting hotter down here, so I figured some frosty pics were in order. I consistently get a ton of frost on my buds, especially in this tent under the G8 C3. I believe it’s due to the implementation of the reds beginning in the stretch, ie, the flower booster. That little button pumps up the wattage from 550 to 680, and also brings in a ton of reds, some far reds, some IR, and a couple UV diodes too. This stays the whole time of flower. I have come to believe that I get two things that are awesome from this: a ton of stretch and a ton of frosting. Density too, but those two are way noticeable. It’s consistent as hell and there’s a noticeable difference under every single other of my lights. Surprisingly, the light I have that that seems to be second best in my arsenal for density and frost production is my pair of @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pros. Hi Val - if you see this, I’ll be dropping the review of the lights in the Product Review section shortly and I’ll tag you. Anyway, here’s what I got on the four plants I can reach most readily:

This is fricking awesome frosty madness.

Gorilla Cookies 10 gal. coco Cyco week 6 flower

Gorilla Cookies coco/hydro Cyco week 6 flower

Cherry Pie 3 gal. California Super Soil organic

Bruce Banner #3 10 gal. coco Remo week 6 flower

Doesn’t matter what the nutes are or what the medium is. They just seem to always come out like this. And whether or not I can explain why scientifically, it seems very apparent and very likely that the reason is as I purport above. It’s cuz the light, lol!

Damnit. My only defense to your subtle “try a fricking SIP already” unspoken words is to say that although you wear the SIP Master title, nobody has actually SEEN a SIP of yours. The question of your bot-ness or humanity is not yet settled.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hey, don't look at me! Nick's the one who refers to himself as "ai."

Gonna be a couple days longer on the Northern Lights. She’s close, but not there, as you can see. I was hoping she’d tighten up a little quicker, but no matter. She’ll come down by the weekend. 80-something days. Still pretty quick for an auto these days.

IMG_5287.jpeg

IMG_5288.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg
IMG_0415.jpeg
IMG_0416.jpeg

Some very rapidly taken photos. Camera is very good - I took a picture equally rapidly of some sea slugs or something the family brought back a big bag of from the beach today and some little flower icon popped up as it focused so that’s probably helpful? It was at anout 3.5x zoom.

@Jon - same phone or the 14?

Look alright. New mix so I can try out the Calmag 0-0-1 for next week. No sign of any whitefly whatsoever. A first in a long time! That stuff did the trick.

So my 4 day holiday became 2 and now seems like 1 or maybe half a day. Gonna try and fit a a trip to the beach with the fam, see what all the fuss is about and the some plant tending. Its been weeks!

Nick

great job fellas. First time growing autos myself.

Im on day 47 i think, and i will never grow photos again, personally.

Amazing.

IMG_0429.jpeg

OG Kush

IMG_0432.jpeg

Blackberry Moonrocks - a little slower as expected.

IMG_0431.jpeg

Bubba Kush

IMG_0435.jpeg
IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg

Playing around with an OGK and a whopping 25x zoom I didn’t realise I had! I need slightly steadier hands, which is fine just finished 12 hours straight work no lunch and knackered shoulder again 😂 but yeah that’s from about 5” back. Reckon its all I’ll need for trich pics when I get it dialed in, crucially, it seems to have some image stabilisation built in AND if I pull up someone’s name and press it I can talk to them!

Its a remarkable thing. A remarkable thing.

Nick

IMG_0414.jpeg
IMG_0415.jpeg
IMG_0416.jpeg

Some very rapidly taken photos. Camera is very good - I took a picture equally rapidly of some sea slugs or something the family brought back a big bag of from the beach today and some little flower icon popped up as it focused so that’s probably helpful? It was at anout 3.5x zoom.

@Jon - same phone or the 14?

Look alright. New mix so I can try out the Calmag 0-0-1 for next week. No sign of any whitefly whatsoever. A first in a long time! That stuff did the trick.

So my 4 day holiday became 2 and now seems like 1 or maybe half a day. Gonna try and fit a a trip to the beach with the fam, see what all the fuss is about and the some plant tending. Its been weeks!

Nick
I can’t tell. Mine is the 14 Pro Plus. My
Mom has the new titanium 15. Her camera is better than mine (a little) and the editing program has a few more bells and whistles. Hers also zooms to 25X to my 15X. The max zoom on hers also doesn’t distort as much as max zoom on mine. Here’s a shot taken with her 15 of a neighbor all the way across the pond. This critter is about 150 yards away or so in this picture, taken on max (25X) zoom and with minimal editing.

IMG_4718.jpeg

Power went off for about an hour some idiot crashed their car after the first first rain in 4 months taking down like 400m
Of power and telco lines. We were fine on our side the road the other half of the village not so much.

I think they took ours off for an hour to provide a feed the side the village. Anyway I took some photos under some pretty decent natural light. I mean small but very pretty really. Maybe this slow grow lower yield will blow my socks off. Can’t see much more than a pound though. Given I did that in real dixies in a 4x4 with 480w last month… 😅

IMG_0446.jpeg
IMG_0447.jpeg
IMG_0448.jpeg
IMG_0451.jpeg

The burn first photo left is from flopping on a side light. Silic is rubbish. The other one is really worth it.

Still buds is buds!

Nick

I
Mom has the new titanium 15. Her camera is better than mine (a little) and the editing program has a few more bells and whistles. Hers also zooms to 25X to my 15X. The max zoom on hers also doesn’t distort as much as max zoom on mine. Here’s a shot taken with her 15 of a neighbor all the way across the pond. This critter is about 150 yards away or so in this picture, taken on max (25X) zoom and with minimal editing.

IMG_4718.jpeg

Yeah I have the 15 Pro Max - same tour Mom. 25x not tried editing anything yet.

Also, I’m after a new pair of boots, something that really shows them who’s boss….

🤣

great job fellas. First time growing autos myself.

Im on day 47 i think, and i will never grow photos again, personally.

Amazing.
Wow! A true convert, eh @Mayne? Ha! Well, funny thing, that. See if that feeling changes over time. The lack of control and the mystery part gets old after a while. I at least find myself yearning for the control the photos afford. But that said, autos are a fricking BLAST! And once you figure out how to grow them big, in a tent situation they get just as big and yield just as much as photos. Couple things that may have once have been true of autos that are no longer true:
- autos are NOT necessarily faster to finish than photos
- autos CAN fill very large pots with roots
- autos CAN yield as much as a photo and get just as big
- auto bud quality is NO DIFFERENT than photo bud quality, every bit as good, in fact, I highly doubt there’s a person here who could tell the difference in a side by side
- autos CAN go hermie, you just gotta really disrespect them to make it happen
- autos will eat up MORE nutes than photos, and can take higher feed levels, NOT less and lower
- autos often like higher light levels than a photo of the same strain

FWIW! Have fun Mayne! Hell, I think seed shopping for autos is fun. Lol!

IMG_0429.jpeg

OG Kush

IMG_0432.jpeg

Blackberry Moonrocks - a little slower as expected.

IMG_0431.jpeg

Bubba Kush

IMG_0435.jpeg
IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg

Playing around with an OGK and a whopping 25x zoom I didn’t realise I had! I need slightly steadier hands, which is fine just finished 12 hours straight work no lunch and knackered shoulder again 😂 but yeah that’s from about 5” back. Reckon its all I’ll need for trich pics when I get it dialed in, crucially, it seems to have some image stabilisation built in AND if I pull up someone’s name and press it I can talk to them!

Its a remarkable thing. A remarkable thing.

Nick
Ah, 25X. Yeah sounds like the 15. That’s glorious trichome production!

Power went off for about an hour some idiot crashed their car after the first first rain in 4 months taking down like 400m
Of power and telco lines. We were fine on our side the road the other half of the village not so much.

I think they took ours off for an hour to provide a feed the side the village. Anyway I took some photos under some pretty decent natural light. I mean small but very pretty really. Maybe this slow grow lower yield will blow my socks off. Can’t see much more than a pound though. Given I did that in real dixies in a 4x4 with 480w last month… 😅

IMG_0446.jpeg
IMG_0447.jpeg
IMG_0448.jpeg
IMG_0451.jpeg

The burn first photo left is from flopping on a side light. Silic is rubbish. The other one is really worth it.

Still buds is buds!

Nick
Is this last photo a two header, or a cola behind a cola?

Gorilla Cookies
2.5 gallon organic
Jon’s Soil Mix with @GeoFlora Nutrients
HARVEST!!!
Day 80

Around the world in 80 days! Don’t worry Nick. The plants that count in the contest begin harvesting very soon. Days. The BB#3 comes down tomorrow!

This girl smells like a fruity dank dream.

IMG_5298.jpeg

IMG_5300.jpeg

IMG_5301.jpeg

IMG_4718.jpeg
No letting dogs out when that's around. :rolleyes:
Infact Jon are you packing?
Don't let it eat you either. :Namaste:
Be safe Buddy.

Keep away
Bill284 :oops:

Back
Top Bottom