Back For Another Grow

Took a pic of the girls in natural sunlight. the LED light never shows the real color. the sun is still at a low angle so it's hard to get a good shot. but it's better than nothing

IMG_20240115_134243894.jpg

IMG_20240115_134208394.jpg

5 am lights on. the girls look a bit droopy, they feel a bit light but they can go another day before watering. I've been using tap water an even tho my tap water is A#1 it has chlorimne. and from what I read on here that doesn't just evaporate. so il switch to Poland springs, only makes sense, the soil is from Maine so use water from Maine. While they are small it's affordable but not sure I can afford to keep it up.

IMG_20240116_050247435.jpg

IMG_20240116_050251518.jpg

IMG_20240116_050254508.jpg

I've been using tap water an even tho my tap water is A#1 it has chlorimne. and from what I read on here that doesn't just evaporate. so il switch to Poland springs, only makes sense, the soil is from Maine so use water from Maine. While they are small it's affordable but not sure I can afford to keep it up.
You can use a tiny amount of vitamin C to drop both chlorine and chloramine out of solution almost instantly so as the plants get bigger you could mix up a 5 gallon bucket or even a 32 gallon barrel full of tap water treated with a crushed up tablet from the drug store if that would help you keep up. :thumb:

What’s up big guy?

Nice setup and now that I see your rig might have an easy trick to boost your rh where it’s most needed. Maybe fill the orange bucket half way with water put an oven rack on top of the bucket and plants on top of rack, it would help if you could position a fan to move air towards surface of the water to better distribute the wet air. This way the humidity is inside the grow space but moving with the air

What’s up big guy?

Nice setup and now that I see your rig might have an easy trick to boost your rh where it’s most needed. Maybe fill the orange bucket half way with water put an oven rack on top of the bucket and plants on top of rack, it would help if you could position a fan to move air towards surface of the water to better distribute the wet air. This way the humidity is inside the grow space but moving with the air
Hey 013. all my 5 gal buckets have holes in em. The heat vent is on the floor just under the grow box an I've been hanging a wet towel over it, seems to help overnight. in the day time I like having the water boiling it keeps me from drying out

IMG_20240116_215838501.jpg

It's a cold morning here 17 degrees, but I don't think it got under 68 in here. But the girls look droopy, not sure if I let em go too long before watering ? I watered this morning an they were a bit light they weren't dry I could feel some weight, finger tips have no feeling so I couldn't tell if they felt dry. but all in all they have nice color and seem to be getting bigger every day

IMG_20240117_053742879.jpg

IMG_20240117_053756017.jpg

IMG_20240117_053759096.jpg

If you could still feel some water weight then they likely weren't dry enough and you are likely stressing the roots. The droopy look could be early signs of root rot. Let them dry out more thoroughly before a good watering next time.

I know we talked about SIPs in your prior journal so maybe give that a look if you're still having watering issues.

Hey AZ , not sure it's over watering. They looked like that at lights on before I watered. one of em felt light enough , and I only gave em like 2 tablespoon each an bottom fed an they sucked rite up. I just checked the soil temp an it's fine. I guess I'll have wait an see. for now the color is good and they do get a little bigger every day

IMG_20240117_065739930.jpg

Welp, I knew this first 6 weeks would be a struggle. I have no resources to buy anything so I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed. they felt very lite this morning so I gave them a little drink. I'd like to start trimming off the lower leaves that are turning yellow, maybe tomorrow if they perk up after a drink.

IMG_20240123_051358811.jpg

IMG_20240123_051410977.jpg

Dang, I have to get my butt in gear an get containers empty and cleaned out. I cut the last 2 plants to close to the soil so I can't just grab and pull the whole root ball out. Luckily they are very light. Wish I had a space outside to recycle this soil.

IMG_20240123_055918739.jpg

IMG_20240123_055921488.jpg

Can you flip those two plants over and slide them put of their containers to have a look at the lower roots? The leaves drooping over like that are a classic sign of a root issue as they are pointing to the source of their problem.

I know you think they feel light, but that's a bit subjective. If you've been doing a proper wet/dry cycle the roots should be developed enough to hold the soil together when you flip them over.

Back
Top Bottom