Bag Seed 12/12 From The Start

Is that the dry time where you live? 100 is not bad, but will raise the pH of your soil over time, no matter the pH of your nutrient solution. Excessively high soil pH will lock out some nutrients like iron, and cause problems in general. Not saying this is what you’re dealing with, but changing to a water with lower alkalinity can only help.
:ganjamon:
It’s winter in the Chi. Went from -52 last Wednesday to 50 above yesterday . The heat in the house is set at 74 and it’s a dry heat in my space. So switching to spring water should help me lower the alkaline?

Lol, you’re in Chi! I was thinking you were into martial arts. :laugh:

Yes, the spring water is probably lower than 100, and no chlorine or chloramines.
Man I know I said it a million times but thank you for all your help and knowledge. Even if she don’t make it you taught me a bunch so far and I really appreciate it.

Hey man, you are welcome indeed. I have learned so much here also, and it’s only fair to share.

I don’t have a real grow going right now (just farting around with some experiments), but I work with my brother on his grows. He is now growing in 100% perlite, using the hempy method. You can check out his latest grow Here
:surf:

Here’s one of my Crash Test Seeds that was germinated where you see it, in 100% perlite. No nutes, no pH-adjustments yet. 8” above the top of the reservoir. Enjoying some rays on a 40F morning.

7E71DAD3-8697-4330-A52C-04C81A7CDADC.jpeg

If you mess up with your nutes (accidentally overfeed), you can immediately correct with a fresh batch of nutes. Just tilt the pot to drain out as much as possible without upsetting the plant, and then quickly pour in the new solution until you get a strong flow out the hole. Easy. It’s why I gravitated to hempy from soil, for containers.

Soil definitely has its positives, and I make compost and grow lots in the ground, but there are a lot of mysterious things going on below the surface, and in a small container, the biological life responsible for making the nutrients available to the plant, well, they have a rough time, what with the moisture and temperature fluctuations, and lack of oxygen, there’s a lot of challenges to growing in living soil in a container. Lots of growers have great success, but it’s often a tough path for new growers.

If I had to say anything good, I’d say the yellowing has slowed some, but not a whole lot. Hopefully this soil dries out. It’s stillwet from a Saturday watering wtf. I know watering with better water will help but I can’t do shit till she dries out.

Attachments

• 653DFF2C-C912-481E-8159-120AB518D7F2.jpeg
    653DFF2C-C912-481E-8159-120AB518D7F2.jpeg
    563.4 KB · Views: 39
  • DB7A567A-DF6B-476A-9996-D959723F288B.jpeg
    DB7A567A-DF6B-476A-9996-D959723F288B.jpeg
    615 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom