Bagseed Grow

I wanted to go a little more in detail about my determination of male.

What did it for me, apart from balls, was an exerpt from a paper on the botany of cannabis.

It stated the males will be...
1. Taller, in order to have better chance of pollinating the females
2. Skinnier, in terms of bushiness (itll basically look more scraggly & not near as pretty)

My male grew generally faster than my female
I've been keeping some measurements from the time I switched to 12/12 till now-
.............Male..............Female
10/17.......8".......................5"
10/27.......10"(+2)................8.5"(+3.5")
11/3.........13.75(+3.75").......13"(+4.5")

I do Not think that this is always the case.... I'm sure that there are tons of contingencies which can cause your growth to vary. I do believe, however, that mine turned out to be relatively textbook.

If you don't mind a few suggestions from a fellow bag seed, single plant CFL grower, you might want to do the following.

More light:

Although MJ will veg under the most primitive floro lighting (daylight spectrum best choice), flowering will require substantially more light, and if your going to be using CFL's may I suggest using more (warm spectrum) of them for best results. You might also want to bring them within a few inches of the plant, there should be no danger in frying leaves with CFL's

Air circulation

I didn't notice a fan close by, do you have one? Constant air flow through MJ is essential for good health, makes for stronger limbs, and draws in fresh air. Ideal temps should be between 75-78.

You have a great looking plant, pot is large enough that you shouldn't have to worry about becoming root bound (yes, it can easily be corrected by simply re potting into a larger pot). If you have any questions about anything regarding your grow, there are plenty of folks here more than happy to help you out.

Good Luck!

Red's been kinda busy getting a job and shit so he asked me to take some pictures of his little (not so little anymore!) lady and post them up here for you guys...

I'm new at this so I apologize in advance if the pictures are not sized correctly.

Lets see... She's 10 weeks old today, 5 weeks into 12/12 and coming along nicely.

IMG_17751.JPG

As of today, (11/20) she is a solid 20" tall

IMG_17772.JPG

This is the top bud from directly above

IMG_17842.JPG

Top two nodes and top bud

IMG_17902.JPG

Another shot from above... I'm lovin' those hairs!!

IMG_17731.JPG

Another shot of the white scragglies. Red said he saw one hair that had turned pink. I couldn't see it but I'm partially colorblind so he's probably right

That about does it for me. So long growers!:peace:

We changed the Light setup a bit and she is starting to look really nice... Will try to post pics soon.

New Light Setup:

4 23W (100w equiv.) 2700k CFL's
1 42W (150w equiv.) 2700k CFL

been busy with the holidays but i managed to snag a few pics of Grace (finally named her haha) while Red had her out gettin some rays. My apologies for the poor quality--they were taken on my iphone. I have some more that I need to photoshop that are taken with the RebelXT so hopefully I'll be able to post those up soon too.

2533.jpg

1772.jpg

3455.jpg

Very nice looking lady:goodjob:

I was exstatic when I seen white hairs coming out of my girls. One of the best feelings.

:cheer:

Thanks, Oblivi!

Sorry its been a while since posting some pictures... ah, the joys of college. Anyway, Grace, (red finally named her) is doing well. I haven't had a chance to take the good camera over there yet but I will hopefully be able to soon. Anyway, here is a small taste of what she is starting to look like!!

7208.jpg

Beautiful!

Oh, and I couldn't find him earlier but we have a found a little friend of Graces named Frank. Frank is a ladybug and he is a badass. Will try to get some pictures of good ol' Frank in the next couple of days.

Bob and Red :passitleft:

Alright, I finally got some good pictures of our lovely lady in all her glory. Enjoy my friends, and let me know what you think...

IMG_18683.jpg

Nice side bud

IMG_18662.jpg

Up close!

IMG_18762.jpg

Top portion

IMG_18783.jpg

Grace's glorious top bud

IMG_18812.jpg

A view from the top

IMG_18873.jpg

Buds growin' strong even in the shade!

That's all folks, hope you enjoyed!

Wow, Grace is looking good guys.

Sucessful 1st Grow!
Total Time- 18wks. Dried 1wk. Cured 4 days. It was a powerful
dominant indica/recessed sativa with impressive tri; however the bud contained a distinctly lemon aroma, very tasty & very strong. Not that I think the smell was bad, but someone told me this could be from bad PH levels(which I never checked), I dont think it came from my nuts becz i barely used any at all & none for the 6wks before it chopped it.any ideas?
25" - final height
27g's yield

8wks_2_days_6_Resized.jpg

13_wks_Resized.jpg

13_wks_1_Resized_Resized.jpg

17_wks_6_days_Resized.jpg

17_wks_6_days_1_Resized_Resized.jpg

17_wks_6_days_2_Resized_Resized.jpg

17_wks_6_days_3_Resized.jpg

17_wks_6_days_4_Resized_Resized.jpg

17_wks_6_days_7_Resized_Resized.jpg

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom