Ban on marijuana users owning guns is unconstitutional, U.S. judge rules

Show of hands, how many here seen a gunshot wound?
Show of hands, how many here seen the light leave another humans eyes on their last breath?
Show of hands, how many here know desperation of unemployment and hunger?
Show of hands, how many of you talking anti-gun are willing to stand on a skirmish line and ingress to clear a structure in detroit of firearms?
Show of hands...how many of you will go to work today and hope people with guns keep your world safe?

On the internet, the most vocal people about banning guns in the US typically don't live in the US.

We aren't going to ban guns. The majority of the population doesn't support a full ban. Guns have been in the US continuously for hundreds of years. Overturning a constitutional amendment is very hard to do politically.

So we have to live in reality. It contains easy access to deadly weapons. The overwhelming majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens that just want a gun to protect their family.

Military versions are but anyone with any kind of machining skills can make it fully automatic. CL🍀
Here we go again. You guys watch way to much news.

Yes the gun can be manipulated Into full auto with SKILL. This isn't easy. It's dangerous as f.

Any gun can be made to cycle ammo faster or different.

Hell. A good shooter can pull the trigger as fast or faster than an auto weapon.

Have none of you seen paintball?

People kill people. Guns are just a by product.

Just like saying cars kill people. Which the do everyday.

Automatic weapon - self driving vehicle

What's the difference?

The users have no full understanding of the product they purchase.

Parents putting there kids in self driving cars so they can hop on in the back seat and jerk off as the car drives them to band camp. . .

Show of hands, how many here seen a gunshot wound?

yes
Show of hands, how many here seen the light leave another humans eyes on their last breath?

yes. truthfully not a gunshot though.
Show of hands, how many here know desperation of unemployment and hunger?

yes
Show of hands, how many of you talking anti-gun are willing to stand on a skirmish line and ingress to clear a structure in detroit of firearms?

never had the pleasure. doubt i have the talent. definitely don't have the training.

Show of hands...how many of you will go to work today and hope people with guns keep your world safe?

how many kids need to get blown away to accomplish it?

People kill people. Guns are just a by product.

and that is horseshit. that's the attitude of someone who gives up in the face of adversity and fear.
"they" have guns so "we" all need them. there's nothing we can do waaaaaah !

guns kill people just fine. what do you think made them so popular in the US ? it wasn't cake baking.

so where are all the illegal guns coming from?
where do the illegal gun factories exist?
why do all the illegal guns wind up being well known brands?
why do more guns than people exist in the US?
are you saving them for future dead?

there are so many firearms in the US that it now exports the problem to other countries. check out the iron highway.

the gun business is an industry of death for folk obsessed with it.

how many kids need to get blown away to accomplish it?
wtf is this? Some sideways shift the narative shit? Trigger that emotional response

it points to the fact there is a cost to everything.
it's only part of the cost and very valid. if you don't have an emotional response i would call it suspect.

it's not like there's a "win" here. there's no argument to be made that could ever sway a gun proponent. they have reasons and convictions just as strong. many rooted in fear.

it points to the fact there is a cost to everything.
it's only part of the cost and very valid. if you don't have an emotional response i would call it suspect.

it's not like there's a "win" here. there's no argument to be made that could ever sway a gun proponent. they have reasons and convictions just as strong. many rooted in fear.
Fear of....... Being killed? Fear of the industry?

Where exactly are you going?

People naturally fear things they themselves do not understand. That's ok.

But to be rooted in fear.....

What... Are you in a warzone?

If so my heart goes out to you.

Otherwise fear is an emotional response, let it lock you down, or let it make you stronger

Fear of....... Being killed? Fear of the industry?

Where exactly are you going?

People naturally fear things they themselves do not understand. That's ok.

But to be rooted in fear.....

What... Are you in a warzone?

If so my heart goes out to you.

Otherwise fear is an emotional response, let it lock you down, or let it make you stronger

do you feel you need a gun for personal security?
it's entirely valid if you do. the question i pose is why do you feel that way? and why did it get that way?

the main issue with the gun problem is it self-propagates at some point. everyone needs a gun because everyone is afraid of all the guns everyone else has. how the hell is that sane?

me ? i'm fine. i do shoot but have no need of a weapon. i haven't hunted in yrs and would have to relicense now. my buddy wants me to try bow hunting, honestly think i'd be awful. bow hunting takes way more talent.

do you feel you need a gun for personal security?
it's entirely valid if you do. the question i pose is why do you feel that way? and why did it get that way?

the main issue with the gun problem is it self-propagates at some point. everyone needs a gun because everyone is afraid of all the guns everyone else has. how the hell is that sane?

me ? i'm fine. i do shoot but have no need of a weapon. i haven't hunted in yrs and would have to relicense now. my buddy wants me to try bow hunting, honestly think i'd be awful. bow hunting takes way more talent.
Born and raised. It's in my blood I feel. I shot for sport all thru childhood. I own a gun for protection as an adult.

I was just talking to the wife about getting a bow. Something we are both interested in. Takes more talent.

I like the idea of throwing axes also.

But now we're just talking about other things that could be used in the same insane manner.

Its sane by natural law...biggest and strongest rules...i want a strapped america nobody wants to go against...you want to weaken my country?

the war is internal. it's yourselves that you are killing.

the vast majority of the military is professional and treats firearms with a far higher degree of respect and responsibility than the citizenry, even off base.

In a nation of 300 million people spread out across 3.5 million square miles, laws and protections are a much different issue than most other places. If you look to other nations with similar populations spread over similar distances laws and protections there are also vastly different. It’s very easy to forget just how many people we have and just how much land we cover. It’s easy to think those nations with populations and sizes similar to one or two of our states policies would apply just as easily to our entire country.

There’s also our culture. No one has any business knowing what I spend my money on, nor do they have any business knowing what property I have. What goes on in my home on my land is no one else’s business period. As long as I’m not hurting or encroaching on anyone else what I do is solely my business. Laws and regulations should not be made for the few when the many do what we are supposed to do. My life should not be affected in any way because someone else can’t handle theirs.

It’s not an enviable situation to be in, but I couldn’t imagine any other way of living.

the war is internal. it's yourselves that you are killing.

the vast majority of the military is professional and treats firearms with a far higher degree of respect and responsibility than the citizenry, even off base.
That's another opinion. Being in a family of multiple levels of service.

There are unprofessional individuals in every industry.

Born and raised. It's in my blood I feel. I shot for sport all thru childhood.

i had a similar experience growing up. you are never very far removed from the farm and rural roots here.

there is a massive rural / urban divide on the issue here. our problem is in the urban. the police are trying to stem a flow of handguns and assault type rifles from the south, mostly handguns.

the gov't can't pass a law that counters the flow of guns without fucking up actual legal guns, and most of those effected are rural, which isn't where enforcement would be needed.

I own a gun for protection as an adult.

which is fine.

i feel the failure is in the needing of one. do we all need to arm up to feel safe? that isn't how i grew up, nor most of the kids we had, but now they look at their own kids, and are starting to feel pretty different about it. that's a loss in any estimate.

I was just talking to the wife about getting a bow. Something we are both interested in. Takes more talent.

makes you a better hunter. that's why i doubt i have the talent at the moment. plus i'm getting old.

I like the idea of throwing axes also.

it's getting really popular here.

But now we're just talking about other things that could be used in the same insane manner.

no one is discounting the fact a bad person can use any number of horrible means if they have the will and intent. that is equally horrendous and should also not be tolerated.

an armed person with bad intent does escalate the damage and potential damage though. it's inescapable.
even a good person, in a momentary lapse, becomes a greater danger.

Oh look at Freud here, analyzing a population hive mind of 300million+ ...ok emperor you tell us how to live, then we will apply it

not trying to run you over. apologies.

Tapping out, said my peace. You aint changing the world or me but you are allowed to try.

your post was a funny counter comment. i honestly thought you nailed it. :D

There’s also our culture. No one has any business knowing what I spend my money on, nor do they have any business knowing what property I have. What goes on in my home on my land is no one else’s business period. As long as I’m not hurting or encroaching on anyone else what I do is solely my business. Laws and regulations should not be made for the few when the many do what we are supposed to do. My life should not be affected in any way because someone else can’t handle theirs.

This sounds very Libertarian.

This sounds very Libertarian.

Belief system wise I’m an anarchist. I believe governments are only good at death and exploitation. I think given the proper latitude people can take care of their own communities. Too many issues and too much culture is local based so national solutions are rarely effective. If we were raised in environments where we were accountable to each other a lot of our issues would be one offs or non existent.

That thought requires a complete destruction of our current way of life and all of our systems.

With that being said, I also live in the real world, where powerful interests can change the reality on the ground and commit to just as much death and exploitation as the governments I despise. As long as humans are involved in the systems of governance we will have weaknesses and obstacles we can’t overcome.

I don’t have the answer. I do know though that as long as we allow money to replace accountability, we’ll never get out of this mess.

Libertarians always come off as whiny republicans more than actual libertarians to me honestly lol.. True libertarians would be closer to anarchists yet somehow their party has been transformed into republicans with weed. Sort of how democrats have come to represent college educated workers instead of the working class, and republicans have been taken over by religious fanatics while alienating the same corporations that put them in power. It’s a weird shift that has taken place in American politics and has left a whole lot of us stuck wondering who these people are that are representing us and how they got there, and why we’re fighting culture wars instead of real issues.

Back
Top Bottom