Bapple's 2016 Outdoor Adventures - Photo & Auto Strains

Great update! Love the natural feel of your garden. Very adventurous feel to it. They're definitely making use of the natural shade cover, I'm sure it's helping with the heat. Keep up the nice work :cheer: :thumb:

Maybe try mulching on topsoil, and then move them in the sun, but the truth is that when leaf temp and soil temp are hitting 30C and more (low 90s F and more), plants stop photosynthesis waiting for better times. Try getting bigger pots, cause that'd definitely help :thumb:

Hi Bapple :passitleft: looking great... Have you got a swimming pool or swimming hole close by, looks hot and dry... Hope your well...

Great update! Love the natural feel of your garden. Very adventurous feel to it. They're definitely making use of the natural shade cover, I'm sure it's helping with the heat. Keep up the nice work :cheer: :thumb:

Loving your garden!

Maybe try mulching on topsoil, and then move them in the sun, but the truth is that when leaf temp and soil temp are hitting 30C and more (low 90s F and more), plants stop photosynthesis waiting for better times. Try getting bigger pots, cause that'd definitely help :thumb:

Hey Girl, I'm glad to see that the 707 snapped back. I just hate it, when you put in that much effort and for seemingly no reason the plant takes a shit and you have no idea why. But she's looking good now. So WELL DONE.LOL As Lester tells me all the time, Stay Hydrated. TOAST

Hi Bapple :passitleft: looking great... Have you got a swimming pool or swimming hole close by, looks hot and dry... Hope your well...

Thanks guys :thanks::thanks::green_heart::hug: good to see you all in my yard.

Doing my best with the plants and definitely staying rehydrated - been crazy busy so apologies if I have been scarce.

It's been another hot week here, but there was a brief 30 minute thunderstorm last night and the daytime temperature dropped by 10 to 29C today. Still hot, but much more bearable.

Girls in Narnia are doing good, if a bit heat stressed.....I did not get round to watering once every 2 days since Thursday.

Portela

image15492.jpeg

707 Truthband

image15493.jpeg

UltraDawg Chem

image15496.jpeg

Group shot

image15500.jpeg

HSO Bubba's Gift 63 days into flower, waiting for the pot to dry out and will harvest her as she looks good under the loupe; mostly cloudy trichs with the odd amber - probably Wednesday or Thursday.

image15515.jpeg
image15512.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a fab Sunday :Namaste::high-five::rollit::allgood::ciao::ganjamon::420:

Looking good Bapple..

Does anyone have any ideas why one branch of my UDC appears to have died. I have chopped off the affected branch, but as I can't see any signs of insect activity, I assume whatever is wrong is happening in the root zone. I don't want whatever it is to affect my two other girls or spread further on the UDC if I can help it. We have had just over 2 weeks of daytime highs of between 38C and 42C which went down to 29/30C over the weekend. She seemed totally unfazed by the high temps.....The rest of the plant looks normal for now......

Thanks in advance for any insight :thanks:

image15573.jpeg
image15576.jpeg
image15579.jpeg
image15583.jpeg

Hope everyone has had a productive start to their week :cheer: :Namaste:

Oh Dear, this has the signs of an internal/external stem rot, however cannot see any actual spore build up. It's hard to reach a definitive conclusion about the scenario. It's possible that some fungus grew there on that localization point, sucked nutrients, and then perhaps the spores were killed by the heat? Not sure.... I've have something similar happen to me once, but I caught the spores in action and used hydrogen peroxide/rubbing alcohol to clean it up. This looks more internal though, which is boggling :scratchinghead:

Thanks Mr Freeman :thanks::ciao:

I am confused myself, as there is no one to worry about in and about the house all August, I will inspect the situation daily until I go away with my daughter next week and hope I don't have to destroy the plant.

If anything else comes to mind please give me a heads up. Hope your week has started well. :Namaste::thumb:

Thanks Mr Freeman :thanks::ciao:

I am confused myself, as there is no one to worry about in and about the house all August, I will inspect the situation daily until I go away with my daughter next week and hope I don't have to destroy the plant.

If anything else comes to mind please give me a heads up. Hope your week has started well. :Namaste::thumb:

It may be that some spores germinated in the cranny/nook between the now cut off stem and the main stem. Perhaps while you hadn't noticed the mold grew and grew to some point, while it killed off that branch. It appears that the tissue is now "woody" and I don't see any current spore activity, which leads me to believe the fungus were either killed by the plant directly or by intense heat (or a combination). Plants do have anti-fungal proteins that can be produced in times of dire need, so that is possible. It's possible all of this occurred without your knowing, if the inspection wasn't fully diligent. I do think this is the most likely scenario, and if the spores are indeed gone and dead, the "woody" bit is a good thing, aside the dead branch, the rest of the plant should continue to grow normally.

Best Wishes and have a good day! :Namaste: :circle-of-love:

It may be that some spores germinated in the cranny/nook between the now cut off stem and the main stem. Perhaps while you hadn't noticed the mold grew and grew to some point, while it killed off that branch. It appears that the tissue is now "woody" and I don't see any current spore activity, which leads me to believe the fungus were either killed by the plant directly or by intense heat (or a combination). Plants do have anti-fungal proteins that can be produced in times of dire need, so that is possible. It's possible all of this occurred without your knowing, if the inspection wasn't fully diligent. I do think this is the most likely scenario, and if the spores are indeed gone and dead, the "woody" bit is a good thing, aside the dead branch, the rest of the plant should continue to grow normally.

Best Wishes and have a good day! :Namaste: :circle-of-love:

Thanks once again :thanks:

One of the collateral effects of the crazy heat levels, is that when my daughter and I go down to water the plants, we have to put on what we call our combat gear (which is long sleeved hooded top, trousers and Wellingtons,) because Narnia is tick, mosquitoe and creepie crawlie central. So during the mega upper 30's nightmare we typically ran down, dumped water on them - quick tidy of yellowing leaves and run back to the house, absolutely soaked in sweat. I took my eye off the ball during those two weeks. Everything you say makes sense.

I'm grateful for your time and experience. :hug::thanks:

Thanks once again :thanks:

One of the collateral effects of the crazy heat levels, is that when my daughter and I go down to water the plants, we have to put on what we call our combat gear (which is long sleeved hooded top, trousers and Wellingtons,) because Narnia is tick, mosquitoe and creepie crawlie central. So during the mega upper 30's nightmare we typically ran down, dumped water on them - quick tidy of yellowing leaves and run back to the house, absolutely soaked in sweat. I took my eye off the ball during those two weeks. Everything you say makes sense.

I'm grateful for your time and experience. :hug::thanks:

Haha, Narnia sounds pretty intimidating :loopy: I was going to add a few more notes to consider about that plant - although I'm sure these are already crystal clear ;)

1) Consider when you water - morning is usually the best, in order to help drive off excess water. Recall that plants change from photosynthesis to cellular respiration at night time, this means they'll be generating water molecules at night!

2) Consider how much (volume) of water you're giving them per time

3) Consider how frequently you're needing to water, I recall you said you were watering every 2 days, for a pot that size - that doesn't seem totally necessary? If it's drooping from thirst then by all means water, but you might consider trying to extend the wet/dry cycle of the pot as much as possible

I think these are 3 factors that could contribute to such a scenario.

And PS; my pleasure to help :thumb:

Haha, Narnia sounds pretty intimidating :loopy: I was going to add a few more notes to consider about that plant - although I'm sure these are already crystal clear ;)

1) Consider when you water - morning is usually the best, in order to help drive off excess water. Recall that plants change from photosynthesis to cellular respiration at night time, this means they'll be generating water molecules at night!

2) Consider how much (volume) of water you're giving them per time

3) Consider how frequently you're needing to water, I recall you said you were watering every 2 days, for a pot that size - that doesn't seem totally necessary? If it's drooping from thirst then by all means water, but you might consider trying to extend the wet/dry cycle of the pot as much as possible

I think these are 3 factors that could contribute to such a scenario.

And PS; my pleasure to help :thumb:

Because of the thirsty 707 Truthband, I have been watering once every 2 days instead of twice weekly recently. As UDC and the Portela seem fine with the heat and twice weekly watering I'll scale back the watering and hope the problem is contained. The roots of my plants are all in shade and I failed take that into consideration over the last 2 weeks, I just didn't want my girls to die of thirst and the heat - so may have overwatered :oops:

Thank you :thanks::Namaste:

I had that happen last year to one girl...not sure what it was...you could try washing affected area with a dilute hydrogen peroxide/water solution and then spray every other day with a milk/water solution...I tried, but was too far gone...took a couple weeks then a second area appeared on main stem which slowly was sucking the life out of her...I had to cull her...but fortunately was close enuff to harvest to save the buds...with luck maybe you can save her...cheerz...h00k...
P10506261.JPG

P10506251.JPG

I had that happen last year to one girl...not sure what it was...you could try washing affected area with a dilute hydrogen peroxide/water solution and then spray every other day with a milk/water solution...I tried, but was too far gone...took a couple weeks then a second area appeared on main stem which slowly was sucking the life out of her...I had to cull her...but fortunately was close enuff to harvest to save the buds...with luck maybe you can save her...cheerz...h00k... ]

Thanks dr hook! :thanks:

Hope I don't have to destroy her, she was doing so well......sigh

I am very intolerant of sick plants in my garden cos I grow so many other things, if she were not a cannabis plant she would have been ripped up and her roots examined and then burned if I saw signs of disease on the roots....will keep an eye out. If it progresses she will have to go.

Thank you for the photos :high-five:

ohhhhhh~very sorry to heared about that ill bunch, a kind of dehyration?
Other plants look good under the roasting weather. Although it is a bit leafy, The Bubbas Gift still looks like Sweet and dense~It surely will be a good smoke.
And I am curious that how is the reveg girl?

Back
Top Bottom