Barney's Farm Blueberry Cheese, 600 Watt HPS, DWC, Rockwool

I have always preferred a grow room oposed to a tent. I have actually never grown in a tent. Looking forward to pics.

Yea same. I started with a tent and after 1 grow built two rooms at my old place where I grew for years. Just recently bought a new house and started back with a tent. Found out quickly with my last grow why I dont like tents. It was time to build something.

Really looking forward to seeing the new rooms. Was this a spur of the moment decision or premeditated? Did i miss something posted earlier?

Just frustrated with the tent really. I also needed more space for the 3 soil girls I have in that small tent I bought for clones so it was to either buy another tent or build something that is 100% better. I have always preferred two flower rooms and like to stagger them if possible so I harvest every month or two depending on vegging. I cant stand the zippers on grow tents and all the pin hole light leaks lol... After growing in dedicated rooms I just cant go back.

Quick update! I still need to finish a lot but have both rooms semi going with plants. Res change for blue cheese after at least 2 weeks.

Everything is doing good. I let the soil girls go with no attention for a while and got some deficiencies with them and under fed but they are back on track now. First feeding with mega crow was last night. I will transplant to 5 gallon pots in 2 days. They out grew that small tent very fast and was stacked on top of each other.

You can see a bit of the new rooms as well in the pics! I will post more when completed. Still not finished but we are back running TWO 600 Watt HID's baby!

Blue cheese:

1597762943312.png

1597763007681.png

Alaskan Purple

1597763136318.png

And in the LED tent White Widow. She was so hungry =(

1597763181639.png

All soil girls transplanted to 5 gallon pots a few days ago. Everything is going good. Rapid growth under the HID lights. The White Widow under the LED is doing fairly good. Feeding her with MC and cal/mag added in at around 600-700 ppm. Shes still lighter green than I like and the Cal/mag deficiencies got pretty bad. New growth is looking better now. I have never had issues this early with soil plants until I grew under this LED. Guess I should have started Cal/Mag a lot sooner.

Alaskan purple, Can you tell which one I transplanted 3 days earlier? =) I ran out of soil on transplanting the one on the left so I couldnt transplant the one on the right until a few days after when I got more soil. The smell on all 3 strains im growing is completely different. Its wonderful. Cant wait for flower!

1598290605319.png

Blue Cheese, Shes getting MASSIVE! Picture does not show the true size already. I will be putting up a net very soon, training, and then flipping. I will be flipping with less tops on all of these this time around and focusing on main tops with less tops than I normally do.

1598290774031.png

White Widow, Transplanted and feed MC and Cal/Mag. Looks like im starving her but im not. Not for sure if its the LED or just something with this strain/soil combination. All soil girls have been fed/watered the same.

1598290840828.png

I have growing White widow a few times in my experience it's been a very heavy feeder. How much are you feeding her?

So about 3 - 4 weeks ago, about a week after transplant to the 3 gallon, she started showing very bad nute burn, Clawing, whole tips burning. I assumed when her roots started growing through the soil it was to much for her. I let it ride for almost a week to see how she did and was still burning. I flushed with an extra 2 gallons of water on her water day. Burn stopped and so after a few just watering days She started turning from being hungry. I then started MC at around 4 grams per gallon. All newest growth from the last week or so has showed improvements but the green is not coming back fast enough. Last watering with transplant was 4.5 grams per gallon. But she should stretch to the new hot soil with nutrients now since transplant. I either diagnosed the nute burn wrong or shes just very finicky with the nutes. I will continue the 4.5 grams (around 650 ppm) and see how she does unless you think I should up that more? She has been the trouble plant since sprout.

Yea I agree. Im going to continue what im doing for at least another week. 650ppm should be enough for her stage and at least enough to get more color on her. If no change I will up it until I see change or burn. I need to flip her VERY soon due to the small tent shes in. Hate to do it in her condition but may be forced to. Thanks for the advise oldsmokey.

WW is 4 days into flower. Her color is really starting to come back. I will be giving her a big feeding in the next day or two when dry. Not going to do much with this one. Just let her grow, and hopefully keep her small. Lets see how she stretches. She has some pretty tops on her.

1598812420085.png

Blue Cheese has also really taken off. I stopped the recharge weeks ago and started with only hydroguard for beanies. Roots are as white as they can be and pretty. The recharge was working good but just dying the roots and I didnt like that. I will stick to that for soil and top feed rockwool.

Not going to lie the Blue cheese is defiantly slower growth in hydro than im use to with my top feed rockwool. Im not for sure if its the strain, the new nutrients im using (MC), or just the different method. We are almost at 60 days and my plants are usually double in hydro. Roots are good and shes good so its not an issue just not what im accustom to in hydro. My temps are a little lower at night as well but not by much. DWC and soil were all planted the same time and they are both about the same. As long as she finishes strong im ok with it though =) We will see how her flower looks. At least another 2-3 weeks before flipping on this one.

PPM 800
pH 6.2

1598812680612.png

And the two soil Alaskan purples. These are also doing amazing. Great color, no burn or deficiencies. They are loving the HID and just soaking up the "sun". SCROG net has been built but will mainly be a support and training net. Will just let the 2nd plant catch up before flipping. It actually wont be long for these before flip as well!

1598812844954.png

The BC and APs both have nice color. Not sure why the BC is so slow, maybe just the plant? The WW is definitely coming back, I have a couple of my mother plants that look the same but are getting better now too.

Mine were that color because I had been pinching the growth tips and defoliated heavily under poor lighting with barely any nutrients. :rofl: Now they are under the LEDs and being fed.

Yea im not for sure either. Roots are super healthy, plant is healthy, and temps are in range. I took 3 BC clones (2 strong ones, one scraggly under growth one) in soil so I will hopefully keep this strain going after I flip to flower. Very confident in 2 of the 3 clones. I ordered RootTech but it hadnt came yet when I took the clones. So they are straight into soil with nothing but scrapping on the nodes. Will be cloning Alaskan purple over the next week and doing some training and then they are getting the flip soon. Running low in bud, my last grow was meant to fill the jars but you cant count on something until you got it! Ive never grown a purple strain. Im pretty excited and hope it keeps the purple trait.

Alright guys, just reporting in to let you know i have switched back the GH nutrients for the hydro girl. Im starting to see a lot of deficiencies and im upping the MC trying to correct them with no luck. Im getting clawing and tip burn with not enough nitrogen. So far the MC has worked great in the soil but straight hydro im not having the same results. The nutrient lineup has to be perfect for each step and just dont know if I can achieve healthy plants with a single product in hydro. I may try and run MC with my top feed but we will see. I will continue it for the soil girls until I see a problem!

How much are you feeding?

So I have been at the recommended stage 3 veg at 625 ppm, 1.25EC, or 4.5 grams per gallon since early on. I have been upping that over the past few weeks since im seeing yellowing to around 800 ppm which I would assume would be 5-5.5 grams per gallon just guessing. I actually started getting clawing at the 4.5 grams per gallon and tip burn recently when upping it a bit. I lowered from 800 to stop the tip burn and im getting major yellowing over the past 48 hours. Cant seem to find a sweet spot for late vegging.

My personal opinion is there is to much K and not enough N for late stage flowering, especially in hydro using 600 watts of HID light. Im getting crazy growth now and I dont think the MC can handle that without a high PPM and burning the plant to achieve the nitrogen it needs. I have heard of people using it in hydro with success, just not working out for me.

Oldsmokey do you know of anyone on here in hydro that is successful with MC from start to finish with no deficiencies? If so I would love to check out their journal and follow along and see the results and see what they are doing.

I am curious of that also as I am going to be growing Hydro next round. I wanted to try mega crop In hydro I also have bottled nutes on hand that I should probably use up. I posted a question in sheds journal asking who he knows that is growing in Hydro with mega crop. You can go here to have a look.

I am curious of that also as I am going to be growing Hydro next round. I wanted to try mega crop In hydro I also have bottled nutes on hand that I should probably use up. I posted a question in sheds journal asking who he knows that is growing in Hydro with mega crop. You can go here to have a look.
Cool I will check it out. I only have this one run on it so my opinion doesn't mean much but im not for sure if its going to be a solution for hydro with no other additives. To be honest it only takes me about 5 mins to mix in all 8 of my solutions lol... And i have had zero problems across multiple strains and grows(Soil, and Hydro) with my GH. Its a cool concept and idea but im not sold on it for the different stages cannabis needs without showing deficiencies. I have my GH chart filled out for my 12 gallons that I usually run for the whole 3 months so I literally just fill my syringe and pour.

Back
Top Bottom