Barney's Farm - Vanilla Kush

Dayzt

Had a nice harvest of Barney's Farm Vanilla Kush this past summer...thought I'd put up some pics here of the girls. Enjoy!
VK41.jpg

VK111.jpg

DSC025351.jpg

DSC02530.jpg

DSC02529.jpg

DSC02526.jpg

DSC025362.jpg

Wow that's some killer looking stuff! Do you run ac in the summer?

:smokin:

This is only the second year now that I've been growing - our summers haven't been real warm these past few years (mid-western Canada) so it wasn't a real issue for me - growing in a tent in my basement. If we have a really hot summer then I'll have to get some sort of a/c unit most likely. I've been trying to time my harvests though so I can try to take the summer off from growing and start up again in the late summer.

Hey i have the same strain from Barneys and i love it...I was wondering what u do to get such big harvest cause my first harvest wasnt even close to that?Yours dwarf mine lol...I dont use any nuts in the flowering stage is that my problem?I would appreciate the help thanks.

Hey i have the same strain from Barneys and i love it...I was wondering what u do to get such big harvest cause my first harvest wasnt even close to that?Yours dwarf mine lol...I dont use any nuts in the flowering stage is that my problem?I would appreciate the help thanks.

Hello! Thanks for your interest! My VK grow is journaled completely from the 5th week of veg - check it out at the below link! =)

looks great, im just starting a vanilla kush i was looking for some tips on this strain if any one has any thanx in advance nice job on your grow

beautiful plant : ) i have a few Barney's Van. in the garden now (1st wk flower). The stem is as big around as my thumb, at the top of the plant (3 ft) and the leaves are huge! Your harvest pics give me a lot to look forward to !! : )

I like those pics I am doing barneys alcapulco gold and was considering wither the vanilla or the vilator kush next, But seeing these pic might lead me toward the vanilla :) Nice job Dayz :) cant wait for a weight and smoke report. WHat light was it under and what nutes do u use ?

Sweet - i just finished our Acapulco Gold grow and will be posting a new thread in this section for it soon - stay tuned! =) The VK will NOT disappoint and I can tell you it's the best strain i've grown out from seed so far! We ended up getting 9.5 oz dry from 4 plants. The smoke is simply top-notch - extremely citrusy, almost smells a bit like a lemon/lime cleaner when busted up. I used the AN Iguana Juice grow (veg) and bloom (flowering), but in very small amounts - just watched them and played it by ear, not special nute schedule. I also used molasses during week 5 and 6 of flower as a carb-boost and to get some extra frostiness! All of these plants were also 'top-twisted' to encourage larger colas. My lights have been the same now since I started growing - 400w MH for veg and 600w HPS for flowering. Thanks for your interest!!

looks great, im just starting a vanilla kush i was looking for some tips on this strain if any one has any thanx in advance nice job on your grow

Thanks! I don't really have any special 'tips' specifically for this strain, but I can tell you that I went fairly 'light' on the nutrients and didn't follow any real schedule for them. The plants were LST'd once during veg to encourage 2-3 nice tops - I also twist the main stems about 2/3 of the way up to break the cellulose and force it to 'repair' itself which encourages larger top-cola growth. Thanks for your kind comments! One of these girls made it onto the 'Pix of the Crop' section of the High Times website!

beautiful plant : ) i have a few Barney's Van. in the garden now (1st wk flower). The stem is as big around as my thumb, at the top of the plant (3 ft) and the leaves are huge! Your harvest pics give me a lot to look forward to !! : )

Thanks moon! My main-stems only reached about 3/4" in diameter I think, but don't use very large buckets which most likely limits the root growth making them stay smaller. I'm glad my grow 'convinced' you to try this strain - I promise you won't be disappointed!

:bong:

9.5 z is great for 4 plants under a 600 :) you budds are very impressive wish my were that fatt, i am a tad thin on a pop can :( ANd all that on base nutes :bravo:

Thanks! Now that I have some experience, I'm trying to focus more on trying to get wider plants, so my next grows will have more LST and topping most likely - got some Blue Venom, Kandy Kush and Rocklock in veg right now and waiting to start training them soon! We don't have a ton of vertical room in the tent either, so it looks like we'll try a screen one of these times to try and spread 'em out a little.

That plant looks amazing. Very impressive.

I appreciate the nice comments! We've been blessed with some great results. =) I'm looking to buy some 'Tangerine Dream' seeds soon - can't get enough of Barney's!

Dude u hav to use nuts to get that bigger harvest, it helps to hav 1000 watt light and co2! And using pinching is a good way... But the nut r key... Bud xl top booster! And shooting powered, use these but b careful not to over load the babies they will get nut burn... We jus got bout 6or7 Oz...

:bravo:
That's a nice plant.
I'm sitting here smoking some Vanilla Kush I got from a friend and decided to compare what I am smoking to what is being grown. The first review I saw looked nothing like what I am smoking, but when I saw the :420: link, I knew exactly where to go.
This is exactly it. Same fluffy curly texture. Now I know exactly what my next seed purchase will be ;)
Great job m8!

edit: Holy Fucking Bump. Sorry... LOL

wow!!!!! that is a nice crop

Hey Dayzt, New grower here. I have a 24 day old Blue Dream from the seed. I read that "The plants were LST'd once during veg to encourage 2-3 nice tops - I also twist the main stems about 2/3 ways up to break the cellulose and force it to 'repair' it's self which encourages larger top-cola growth."
Can you give anymore details on if you meant you topped or fim'd and if you did at what age? And what you meant by twisting the stem, any feedback you can I will gladly and highly appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom