Before hydro

Rbridges34127

420 Member
I am planning on hydro after my feminized gorilla glue seedling are root bound. My question is do I give my seedlings any kind of nutrients now. They are growing in a soil that had nutrients prior to planting. If so how much and what should I feed them. Thanks

Welcome to the forum @Rbridges34127 :welcome:
I am planning on hydro after my feminized gorilla glue seedling are root bound. My question is do I give my seedlings any kind of nutrients now. They are growing in a soil that had nutrients prior to planting. If so how much and what should I feed them. Thanks
Are you saying you plan to take your plant out of soil and put in a hydro set-up? :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:
No offense, but :hmmmm: how exactly do you plan on getting all the soil out of the root ball if it's going to be root bound :hmmmm: sounds like you have serious plans to stress her out already :rofl:

No offense there @Rbridges34127 , but if you want to try different methods of growing, may I suggest you finish in what you started in, or do a single grow of different growing styles like @SmokingBud is doing :thumb:

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

People switch between hydro and soil/whatever. Just wash the roots down if going from soil or coco, and plunk it in to its new home.

do I give my seedlings any kind of nutrients now. They are growing in a soil that had nutrients prior

If they seem like they need it (getting pale and hungry looking)- then sure. Otherwise... probably not?:nerd-with-glasses:

I’ve seen the octopots but never used them plus I would guess that’s really to self water a flowering plant, don’t know how well that would work in veg with the whole wet feet thing. I know you can switch them up between soil & hydro and how many use hydro or aero mist to root up their clones and such but the point I was trying to make is in my opinion it takes less time for the roots to hook up if you stay in same grow media all the way thru.

I’ve seen the octopots but never used them plus I would guess that’s really to self water a flowering plant, don’t know how well that would work in veg with the whole wet feet thing. I know you can switch them up between soil & hydro and how many use hydro or aero mist to root up their clones and such but the point I was trying to make is in my opinion it takes less time for the roots to hook up if you stay in same grow media all the way thru.
I agree with you, and I haven’t tried them either. They want like 200 bucks for em. I’m cheap as hell! I don’t even like buying seeds anymore, I used to love buying seeds.

Heard that... I’m suffering from growers budget blues too
Hey, this too shall pass, right?.... And think about it good weed is worth way more than paper money! I don’t even think they got the gold to back up the dollar anymore do they? They just print the shit... lol

great bro! Now you got me wanting to try a damn octopot! Lol. I wanna just buy one and send it to @Emilya. What am I saying she definitely has already used one. Let’s see...

Welcome to 420! Agree with Mocha, this will definitely stall a plant or seedling. Yes plants can grow in soil or hydro but the roots are developed differently my advice would be pick a medium and stick with it. If you are going to grow in hydro then grow in hydro all the way thru, if you are going to grow in soil then use soil all the way thru.
How do I start seeds for hydro growing?

Let me chime in and...answer your questions. I don't know if your soil is hot or not, so feed very lightly start with less than 1/4 strength, keep her green and thriving, don't over do it. Gradually increase as she grows.
What to feed is up to you, base nutrients is all you need.
As for going from one type medium to another has very little adverse effect on plants. I DO IT ALL THE TIME!
Going from dirt to hydro actually improves the plants growth and vigor EVERY TIME that I do it.

CM210205-090621001.jpg

She was bound into a 2pint cup for around 4months + , 14 inches tall, small weak side branches, very little dirt mostly roots when I rescued her.
1 week prior to harvest is the only pic I have of her. The stress she was put under caused her to " monster crop". 44 branches + cola. 38 inches tall, over six ounces in 9 week flower!

Hey, this too shall pass, right?.... And think about it good weed is worth way more than paper money! I don’t even think they got the gold to back up the dollar anymore do they? They just print the shit... lol

great bro! Now you got me wanting to try a damn octopot! Lol. I wanna just buy one and send it to @Emilya. What am I saying she definitely has already used one. Let’s see...
nope, never bought into an octopot... I am perfectly happy with cloth grow bags, especially those from our sponsor Geopot, with the velcro zippers!

No we don’t have the gold to back up our dollar bill ! Fact ! We haven’t had it since the early 80’s maybe earlier . This has been a hot topic of mine . I’d love to see that happen . I actually buy gold. I liked it a lot more when it was just over a grand an ounce though haha .
Anyhow, no we don’t have all that gold that was in Fort Knox, nor is there any in the depositors in NY. I’d be willing to bet it’s ALL gone ! I don’t trust anything about our government

pool part at Enjoils place...

For germing I soak for 24 hours no paper towel I like rapid rooters but I’m a soil grower. You could germ in most anything.... perlite, you could germ in jiffy pots aka peat pucks, you could germ in hydroton pebbles, or even rockwool.

look I get you can switch mediums but point I’m trying to make is generally speaking for new growers out there this is not an advisable step. Can it work? sure... but it can also hose up a plant. Not trying to argue or be a smart ass. Yep these crazy kids prolly following some you-tuber but wind up here when crap hits the fan. Anyway hey Furcifer that’s some nice buddage you got there!

I still need a few more 3 gallon pots. These are mostly 1 gallon bags of coco.... just refilled the tent with youngsters...
EAB6C5E7-3BB0-4CC9-B522-B0BBB68433FC.jpeg
Do you water in place? If so what do you do about the water draining from the pots?

Back
Top Bottom