Before hydro

pool part at Enjoils place...

For germing I soak for 24 hours no paper towel I like rapid rooters but I’m a soil grower. You could germ in most anything.... perlite, you could germ in jiffy pots aka peat pucks, you could germ in hydroton pebbles, or even rockwool.

look I get you can switch mediums but point I’m trying to make is generally speaking for new growers out there this is not an advisable step. Can it work? sure... but it can also hose up a plant. Not trying to argue or be a smart ass. Yep these crazy kids prolly following some you-tuber but wind up here when crap hits the fan. Anyway hey Furcifer that’s some nice buddage you got there!
Your right about that... yeah @Furcifer you killed it on that girl! What a beautiful plant! What strain? My bad if you said...

Your right about that... yeah @Furcifer you killed it on that girl! What a beautiful plant! What strain? My bad if you said...
I pollinated a " DinaMed CBD+" with OG Kush. This plant I rescued from my daughter's attempt to grow some seeds she found in a bud that I gave her.

How do I start seeds for hydro growing?

there are a few different ways. using a plug is likely the easiest for a newer grower.
you can also use rockwool, or towel start the seed then hempy cup it.

i grow hempy style, anything started from seed or cloned in that method can be moved to any media you choose. i don't recommend staring seed hempy style for a new person though, it can be a bit bitchy.

EAB6C5E7-3BB0-4CC9-B522-B0BBB68433FC.jpeg

i like the kiddie pool. i've seen them used that way a couple times.

No we don’t have the gold to back up our dollar bill ! Fact ! We haven’t had it since the early 80’s maybe earlier . This has been a hot topic of mine . I’d love to see that happen . I actually buy gold. I liked it a lot more when it was just over a grand an ounce though haha .
Anyhow, no we don’t have all that gold that was in Fort Knox, nor is there any in the depositors in NY. I’d be willing to bet it’s ALL gone ! I don’t trust anything about our government

the US has had fiat currency since the 1800s. fiat currency decouples the link to a set collateral. it allows more currency to circulate in a system than needs to be backed by the amount of gold in a vault. fiat currency is backed by a gov't promise that the money is worth something , but does not demand holding the exact equivalent in collateral like gold. this allows money to grow past the amount of gold held, while still keeping a promise that is worth the equivalent. it was called the gold standard.

the US still held on to the gold standard for a hundred years after introducing fiat currency. this meant you could theoretically demand your bank to replace your currency with an equivalent amount of gold, equal to the value of the currency. in practice it could never happen due to other bank regulations and federal restrictions. the US was able to pull out of the 1930's depression partly because of these regulations.

nixon finally ended the gold standard for good in 1973. reason being foreign gov'ts holding large amounts of US currency could still exercise the right to demand a swap for gold. by 1973 there was more US currency in circulation outside of the country than there was known gold to exist globally. nixon didn't have a choice.

now there is no modern economy that could possibly exist on a gold standard. there is more money in circulation than could ever be backed by any commodity. gold or otherwise.

edit: forgot to add.. gold is actually worth more now because everyone abandoned the gold standard. this oddly allowed gold to gain value in relative terms. gold floats on the market similar to other commodities.

the US has had fiat currency since the 1800s. fiat currency decouples the link to a set collateral. it allows more currency to circulate in a system than needs to be backed by the amount of gold in a vault. fiat currency is backed by a gov't promise that the money is worth something , but does not demand holding the exact equivalent in collateral like gold. this allows money to grow past the amount of gold held, while still keeping a promise that is worth the equivalent. it was called the gold standard.

the US still held on to the gold standard for a hundred years after introducing fiat currency. this meant you could theoretically demand your bank to replace your currency with an equivalent amount of gold, equal to the value of the currency. in practice it could never happen due to other bank regulations and federal restrictions. the US was able to pull out of the 1930's depression partly because of these regulations.

nixon finally ended the gold standard for good in 1973. reason being foreign gov'ts holding large amounts of US currency could still exercise the right to demand a swap for gold. by 1973 there was more US currency in circulation outside of the country than there was known gold to exist globally. nixon didn't have a choice.

now there is no modern economy that could possibly exist on a gold standard. there is more money in circulation than could ever be backed by any commodity. gold or otherwise.

edit: forgot to add.. gold is actually worth more now because everyone abandoned the gold standard. this oddly allowed gold to gain value in relative terms. gold floats on the market similar to other commodities.
Good explanation. I could not remember when we went off that 'gold standard', just that it happened. Saved me the time of having to research it. Now I remember when it happened and that Nixon went to work on it but could not remember the whole story. But then, those were my heavy smoking years, and years. Thanks.

I agree with you, and I haven’t tried them either. They want like 200 bucks for em. I’m cheap as hell! I don’t even like buying seeds anymore, I used to love buying seeds.

bro, i kid you not, i wanted to try octopot type grow myself, so Im making one, well, 2.. I already ordered everything i think i need, will post pics when done. The cost is around $26 for each pot setup. Probably this time next week, ill keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom