Beginning To Understand Her

Hey there Smoke 2JS!! The only thing I like about harvesting is the finger hash. Other than that I wish I could just hire someone to do it the trimming. Great Job! I am right behind you . I am harvesting in about 2 weeks!!:roorrip:

I have been smoking my first harvest. Mendo Bag seed, damn good smoke, Pain reducin', hunger returning, mind trippin' , happy feelin' homegrown. I am so pleased with the outcome.
I could not have done it without the people and info here at:420:. I am brizoke, so free info on how to grow my medicine was the way to go. In the process, I have become part of a family that is changing the world, one toke at a time. :peace::bong:

I have been smoking my first harvest. Mendo Bag seed, damn good smoke, Pain reducin', hunger returning, mind trippin' , happy feelin' homegrown. I am so pleased with the outcome.
I could not have done it without the people and info here at:420:. I am brizoke, so free info on how to grow my medicine was the way to go. In the process, I have become part of a family that is changing the world, one toke at a time. :peace::bong:[/QUOTE

Oh Yeah!!!!! :roorrip:

@ Xlr8, dude, seriously. The rack is behind me, with a fan blowing gently. Every now and then I look back and smile:). My SLH is about 4 times as much work at least. Lucy is about 2 - 3 times as much. The SLH should be finishing soon mid sept, with Lucy in early to mid Rocktober. Staggering the harvest was a good idea. it is alot of work. People should get paid 20 and hour min. My back, shoulder and ass hurts, during my fingers got numb and stiff, even with my spring loaded trimmers. After staring for a long time at a specific distance ( your hands with a nug in it)you need to look elsewhere to give your eyes a break. stretching every 20 minutes is encouraged. If I had not stretched (smoked heeeeeella weed too) before and after I'd be worse.

also I have noticed the "shiny sigs" that don't look like a url. How is that done?:peace:

Been there buddy! You see nugs in your sleep when you finally do sleep, and you start to go cross-eyed concentrating on trimming those things. And the scissor hash doesn't help. What was I doing again. Oh yeah, trimming. Wait... what? etc... :)

I always feel beat up afterwards from not taking enough breaks.

When you post a link, right when you "paste" it, a section of it is highlighted afterwards. Put the words you want there where it was "highlighted". Not sure if I explained it right, but give it a try and maybe you'll see what I mean. Take care my friend!

Close up of mendo BS, crappy microscope camera I just bought is crap. It only has one focal point, zoom and focus are combined so only one zoom (supposed to be 20x to 400x), stand does not hold it still. Bad design, software is crap too. Managed to get one semi-decent pic.
Mendo_BS.jpg
:peace:

That is a great photo! Lots of trichs!!! It might have been a tough one to take but it sure looks good at this end!!! :thumb:

POC microscope, been farting around with it, using my art studies, its a cheap poc but it is working. of course I have MacGuyver blood in me. Its cheep, go it at the store, 1 pint $1, now that's American. Mendo up close. The pink hue was created by pointing the microscope at a light with a pink shade on it. I varied the angle of light to get different hues. I also varied the amount of light emitted by the microscope to better bring out the natural beauty of the nug. I see the nug as a landscape waiting to be captured on film then smoked, mmm tasty!
mendo_BSmicro3.jpg
mendo_BSmicro2.jpg
:peace:

Hi S2J -

Great pics, even if the microscope is giving you a headache! Looks like you got the link thing figured out for your signature - glad I was able to help, it looks great now. :thumb:

From Darkshade1980 to me

"serious Question for ya.... do you think a 400 MHalide and a 600 HPS is a good mix?... i have another 400 HPS BUT no fixture so id have to trade out the 400 Mhalide..but dont wanna, so my question is...which do you like best... a 400 HPS with a 600 HPS OR a 400 MH with a 600 HPS? like ive had it now. ..... i like the 400 MH and 600 HPS... but always KEEP thinking in tha back of my skull that 400 HPSwith 600 HPS is best?......."

Darkshade1980, I posted this question here because I don't know as much about MH compared to HPS. I know one is used for veg and the other for flowering. I think a few of the members who are following this thread have opinions based on experience. If one of you reads this please chime in! :peace:

From Darkshade1980 to me

"serious Question for ya.... do you think a 400 MHalide and a 600 HPS is a good mix?... i have another 400 HPS BUT no fixture so id have to trade out the 400 Mhalide..but dont wanna, so my question is...which do you like best... a 400 HPS with a 600 HPS OR a 400 MH with a 600 HPS? like ive had it now. ..... i like the 400 MH and 600 HPS... but always KEEP thinking in tha back of my skull that 400 HPSwith 600 HPS is best?......."

Darkshade1980, I posted this question here because I don't know as much about MH compared to HPS. I know one is used for veg and the other for flowering. I think a few of the members who are following this thread have opinions based on experience. If one of you reads this please chime in! :peace:

I use the 400 MH for the vegetative stage and the 600HPS for flowering. That is how I have done it for several years now. The 600 HPS is supposed to have the most efficiency for flowering. I have upgraded to a 1000 HPS for flowering and notice that it gets a much better light penetration to the lower buds. :bong:

Hey Smoke2Js
I use a 600MH/600HPS (my highest setting on ballast) set up and have had very satisfying results.Though I would not bumping the HPS side up as Closet has done....Oh ya, If you happen by Antioch could you give it the one finger solute for me,Home town and do not miss it...:peace:

Hey Smoke2Js
I use a 600MH/600HPS (my highest setting on ballast) set up and have had very satisfying results.Though I would not bumping the HPS side up as Closet has done....Oh ya, If you happen by Antioch could you give it the one finger solute for me,Home town and do not miss it...:peace:

I know what u mean, I hate Antioch as well, not as intimate as you.:peace:

the excitement wears off when you do big big grows... the excitement doesnt wear off when your doing your own peersonal stash grow... but sometimes it does after the first few harvests...but what ive personally noticed was when buying or ordering new seeds from anywere and havingthem arrive in tha mail that is a BIG BIGBIG boost to the excitement process and growing hobby/like experience.... that really helps out cuz then..well in my mind i get that feeling of " wow i cant WAIT to see what they look like!/" or " i wonder how many females ill get outta the (Reg) seeds. " .....thigns like that...the little things is what keeps me going. as well as a few other select things like a new batch of nutrients, a new soil medium that came out... a new cloning machine. or even a new sprayer device, soil amendments. all that to me is uplifting and fun and it gives back the excitement that was once lost a few weeks back whenever either depression sets in or other events in life.

in your pic of the harvest slh or whatever.... are yousure you waited long enough for it to get its hairs redened or whatever color they were supposed to change into other than white?..... just wondering, looks like itl be a uppy like high since the crystals that had formed are early or not even creamy white yet. but i cant exactly tell right off.

you know theres a method to using tiny /thin gardening wire to hold up your hanging (about to break) budz?...... once i get my cam working ill letcha see that and check it out... mine are into one n a half weeks of flowering and they are already hanging or about to break..even when trained and cropped superbly.

in your pic of the harvest slh or whatever.... are yousure you waited long enough for it to get its hairs redened or whatever color they were supposed to change into other than white?..... just wondering, looks like itl be a uppy like high since the crystals that had formed are early or not even creamy white yet. but i cant exactly tell right off.

you know theres a method to using tiny /thin gardening wire to hold up your hanging (about to break) budz?...... once i get my cam working ill letcha see that and check it out... mine are into one n a half weeks of flowering and they are already hanging or about to break..even when trained and cropped superbly.

One of the reasons I harvested the little one early; She began flowering a month a head of her sister due to the difference in the light each received.
she has been trimmed and is hanging to dry. Her hairs are turning as she dries. :)
I am waiting till October to harvest her big sister.
Lucy is close. I looked up the info on both again to check harvest time. Lucy mid Sept. SLH Oct.
This year is practice for next season.

Can't wait to see your pics.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom