Best Grow lights?

Reality is that most new growers have big dreams of high yields and all that...if you really want to grow and experience growing for what it truly is....then grow one mother from seed for about two months depending on your light set up...take mulitple clones from her and make sure they root...then flower her for about 6-8 weeks....grow the plant as big as you can for indoor and giant if outdoor....You will blow your freakin mind if you veg the mom to about 36" then flower her till anout 5 and one half feet tall. You will never go another grow method if you are indoor and if you have space outdoor....? OH MY GOD!

Hello Folks, This is my 1st post...just signed up. I'm growing just 1 plant and use 3 - 36 watt T-8 6500K 4 foot tubes for the first 4 1/2 hrs then 1- 100watt MH for 9 hrs and then 3 - 36watt T-8 6500K 4 foot tubes for the last 4 1/2 hrs for veg using 2 separate timers (18hrs on 6 hrs off)...never exceeding 108 watts. Switching from tubes to HID then back to tubes in proportion simulates the sun's intensity throughout the day...this was my idea and it insures that only a 100 or so watts are being used at anytime. I use nothing but all the Fox Farm line up on nutes and have a 5 gal bucket continuous drip which only drips when the tubes are on for 9 to 6 hrs a day....this gives the roots a chance to dry out some. For bloom I change the tubes to 3000k and use a 100watt HPS which I can just switch the bulb out because I have a electronic ballast in my hood that allows either kind of 100 watt MH/HPS...home made by the way. When switching over to bloom, I adjust the timers so the tubes come for the first 3 hrs, then go off and then the HPS comes on for 6 hrs, then goes off and the tubes come back on for the last 3 hrs (12hrs on 12 hrs off)...again never exceeding 108 watts. You really don't need any more watts then what I got going on to grow a plant or 2 and it is completely possible to make up your own system without spending big bucks on an elaborate system...also don't waste your money on those 14 watt LED panels, I tried 6 of them and they weren't bright enough. You can find a lot of good hydro stuff such as lights and fixtures on Craigslist for dirt cheap, if you are creative and want to make a cheap and effective light system such as mine. 1000bulbs.com is where you should consider getting replacement bulbs etc. I discovered that no nutes should be used until the plant establishes a reasonable root system..another words no nutes until the plant is at least 6 inches tall...you'll burn the tips of the leaves every time....just follow the directions for the nutes you use. I don't even use a PH meter and have no issues. My plant experience has been going real well for not really knowing what I'm doing....learned from my mistakes and got educated from sites like this one. I hope this helps someone from not spending a lot of unnecessary time and money on all the choices that are out there. Pics will come soon...when I figure out how to post pics...it doesn't tell you, at least I haven't found that yet?

IceMud,

Would like to set up a 10K sf growing facility for high grade cannibas. Square building. Whats the Cadillac way to go on the lights at this time? Combo HID/HPS or LED?

You are not setting up a grow, you're setting up a commercial operation at that size. I suggest you start with a 100 or 200 square foot and get your growing conditions and skill honed before venturing into something of that size and losing 10's of thousands of dollars that you will most likely be expecting to gain off your first couple of crops. In other words, If you want to plan an operation that large you should already have the knowledge required to jump into the field and hit the ground running. Take a read through the link in my signature and that will give you a better understanding of the basics.

im building a small grow room about 5 plants its gonna be 3ft wide 6ft height.im on a budget so i plan on using cfl light..for vegging,and flowering..n im gonna build a small cabinet for clones,...what type of cfl n how many should i get..

You could review some led journey in 420 ,420 friends share experience with us ,you could find many answer

IceMud,

Would like to set up a 10K sf growing facility for high grade cannibas. Square building. Whats the Cadillac way to go on the lights at this time? Combo HID/HPS or LED?

If you were to set up a warehouse this size, then I would go mostly LED with a few Ceramic Metal Halide 400w HID lights. Maybe like 4 LED lights to every 1 Ceramic Metal halide light. This would give you a very good PAR value, full spectrum lighting, and very dank nugs.

Hosebomber is right though, I'm not sure what type of experience you have with growing, but don't jump into a commercial grow if you don't have experience growing. Its not your mama's garden tomato...ya know... :) Cannabis is a very tricky plant to get right, and I so far have grown for about 3 years, and even though I am having great results, they still aren't perfect, and probably will take another few years to perfect my methods. I too dream of having a full scale warehouse, with genetic/breeding lab and even on site THC/CBD testing, but before going big, I want to perfect my growing which is still in the works.

Here are some cool new hybrid led induction lights
IMG_20140423_182938-1.jpg

Please stop pushing induction lights. There have been a number of comparison grows on this and many other sites... they simply fail to produce half of their claims. Your brand has some of the worst lies I have seen by any company. 88-90 lumens per watt is still less than half the current generation of LEDs and only slightly more than half of the lumens per watt for HID. You are missing the deep red wavelength to promote healthy root growth and flowering intensity (let alone totally missing the Emerson Effect). There has yet to be an induction bulb last 100k hours. Fluorescent light requires a higher density to produce on par with HID or LED therefore there is no power savings. Your lights look better to the human eye because the huge spike you have near 525nm (the human eyes best response zone). I could go on, but what's the point.

This is not a normal induction light. There are led light rails on the side. I don't care to go into specifics now. I just wanted to post a cool pic. Ill post how much I get off of this 465 watt light in a couple weeks. Proof is in the turkey bag.

Back
Top Bottom