Best LED results

Surely none of those lights actually draw 600w or 1000w, at all, my guess is that you draw 600w combined.

The numbers the LED companies use are misleading at best, you have to read the specifications to know - if they even give the full picture which most companies don't...

To be able to know what a growlight is capable of you have to know:

-Components used, diodes and drivers
-Draw power in watt
-Physical size of the lamp
-PPFD readings from a variety of hanging distances, 12'', 18,'' 24'' should at least be known -> for proper light saturation you must have at least 800 PPFD on every square inch of your grow space.

You're right about my wattage. It's right around 650. This is my first indoor led grow, but I have a feeling it's going to turn out pretty good. I could be wrong. It is possible I'll have nothing more than a bunch of popcorn buds. And since I've never done an led grow before, only time will tell. But I'm pretty sure with proper nutrients, they'll turn out pretty good. I'm hoping for a pound dry. We'll see.

The op of this thread was asking if he could have a decent grow in a 5x5 room with LED's for under 600 bucks. I think he can. From what I've seen, I don't think he can do it with two or three lights because the light coverage doesn't seem to be good enough. But with four lights, I think he should be able to cover just about every square inch of his grow space. This is just my opinion based on what I have seen with my first grow. Nothing more.

I'm sure with much better lights, he could probably get a better grow. But that would cost him a lot more than 600 bucks .

Definatly not the best led on the market. However, at home i have a Mars 720 144 reflector 3 panel. A King 600w a mate gave me and 2 300 wat vira. Running under those 2 viras, for the two plants, shits over the king and mars. Both respected cheap brands with proven results.
So outta those 3 you say the Viraspectra is the best? Just curious as I have a Mars 2-900 I'm thinking might start to go soon so exploring options.

Agree that the vipar have some great results from what I have seen. Don't let people get you upset they don't want good advice that's on them. Why this site is great lots of knowledgeable people.

We could tell him to use cfl and he would be able to grow weed too.. thats not the point all we are saying is there is better options out there than the blurple light! Can you grow woth them? Yes.. is it worth it? i guess it depends what he expect.. but 500w from the wall of blurple is the equivalent of 500w hps more or less.. when you can have qb boards with 500w from the wall being the equivalent of a 1000w hps just because they are more efficient.. hps is about 65% heat 35% light while qb is the reverse 35% heat 65% light.. its not surprise that light is what your plant need not heat.. do your research and when you have tested both we'll talk again..

that thing wont flower a 3x3. "SAYS" 600 par at 24 inches INTHE CENTER.

2x2 is barly 100 par on the corners OF A 2x2!!

IF you know anything about this plant and its growth, a DECENT grow needs 400 par OVER THE ENTIRE CANOPY. Not just the center.

Sure, you can lower it to get more PAR value, but you lose footprint, that will take your 3x3 corners to around ZERO par, AND your 2x2 corners to around, hummmm, 15 par, lol..because, at 24inches, its already at 30 PAR,lol.. Which, wont grow even moss, LOL.

AND, the reason it looks good on paper, and sorry for getting all " Master technical " on ya, is because the spectrum is mostly BLUE, which doesnt grow buds, but gives high PAR readings simply because of its a brighter spectrum wave.

buy 4 of them, hand them at 20 inches, there, you have a light setup to grow with.

The light is half the story anyways, if you dont have everything dialed in correctly, u can have the best lights and wont grow crap anyways.

oh, and IR and UV is BS sales pitch, just so you know. The difference in growth, isnt worth the sales pitch up-charge.
IRUV.png

This is why blurples dont work well. Its diodes of COLORS, which beam onto a leaf. This leaf might have blue, this one might have red, this one might have white. Were COBS, the spectrum is combined BEFORE it leaves the light itsself. Its a more blended spectral waves, to beam on the leaf in a more mixed, uniform pattern, instead of mono diodes, which are NOT mixed till they cross paths under the light and above your canopy. Make sense?

No need to get hostile. Ive learned, trust me. Now, you know and understand the difference in not just PAR, but in spectral wave and coverage issues with mono (blurple) lights.

I agree with you both!! STOP FOR A MOMENT!
Smoke a joint...........
Relax...
Now yes vipar will work and grow it has been proven..... Yes qbs are more efficient and fairly good price. Now to the OP, if you have the 600 bucks to throw at led you should most definitely look into q-boards and even did cobs as there is more light per watts used and they definitely will outperform blue purples for money spent and power used that has been proven.
So I would reccomend building one or buying a kit or something. If you have money enough for doing your space with these try them out. To the guy who says even par at canopy is best I agree also, look at the migro led fixtures. They are not cheap but very nice and even light distribution as well as angled shining light through canopy at all angles.
I can't post a link as theyou are not sponsors but search them, let me know what you think.

I agree. those who can afford that should. I was just throwing it out there. lol You get good yields, you can just get better with cobs. Respect for that.

I agree totally mate, i was never disagreeing. I give the bloke respect on the fact he obviously is cluey and knows his stuff, just what a ridiculous comment he made earlier bout buying chinese lights like Vira you just wasting money on a box ? Pretty much saying they dont work. Some poor guy is gonna read that rubbish might go off the idea of it ? Im not wrong here, i may have been verbally excesssive, apolgies.

no.... you're wrong here.....
You need to read more MATE.....
Light technology is expanding so fast, you can't keep up
Will Vipar's grow plants? Sure!
Is there something WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better out there?
Of course there is, and not for much more money too.
Do not listen to this fool

That 300 watt light isn't any different than any other small diode light, not enough light for much. Overinflated claims.

Im just going off my experience. Perhaps I am just getting lucky with my grows. Either way, while I save for cob they work for me. They suck compaired to hid, cob and quantum but no complaints.

If you don't have pics of what your cheap leds can do, your advice counts for squat... Lets see a little show to go with your tell... Opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one.. The way you talk is proof you have two, one for a word hole... I can't see why the mods put up with your crap... I get my posts tossed for criticizing a sponsor.. OK mods, show some balls...

Im not saying anyone here is wrong that LED are not best for growing. I grew these under 3x300watt LEDs

20180131_115334_1_.jpg

20180131_115433_1_.jpg

20180131_115341_1_.jpg

20180131_115414_1_.jpg
20180131_115443_1_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom