budgreene

its that time almost
0031213.JPG
0021276.JPG
0011274.JPG
024185.JPG
023207.JPG
009688.JPG

brown paper grocery bags... cover the bottom, fold over, hang up, check often.

So dont hang them by the stalk ? trim leaves back , cut buds off stalk , and 3 or four inches deep in closed paper bag and hang ??

only one layer of buds on the bottom.

Hanging is the traditional way and you can do that instead. Either way works I just like the bag method because it keeps the product clean and out of sight throughout the drying stage.

next is the cure :cheesygrinsmiley:

ty bros I think ill do 25 plants tonite , let the rest go 8 or 10 more days.. most blue widows , pine express/ gdp, and blu monster holks are ready.. the dinafem Inustrials and the holy grail 69s need a week .. Ill post some pics of the harvest tonite.. ( not the pics of me rolling in it !!! )

Theres about 6 or 7 clones on the table , that occured when a file counterweighting the light mover fell and guitiened off about 4 branches.. I cant believe how well they did, none less than an ounce i think and one maybe three ounces !
023207.JPG
022212.JPG
0011217.JPG
0031145.JPG

There are a few ways that people do this, and some swear it has to be done a certain way or your harvest will be ruined.. This IS NOT THE CASE!! I remove a branch a time during harvest, trim off each bud and manicure it, til I get close enough to the cola and then I remove most of the stem and remove fan leaves and trim up the cola s and then hang them upside down with circulating aire for maybe 5 or 8 days pending on size and temps..
With the smaller buds i manicure them all and place them in a pile, and then to dry these I place them on mesh screens so air can circulate all around the buds - Placin them on paper from the start will leave the trichs sticking to the paper and maybe dry them too quick. I do do this to some buds, place them in paper bags ( not heaps ) and sit em in front of the fan too so aire gets in and every 4 or so hours, shake em up and turn the buds onthe screen, the ones on the screen wont need as much turning as the air dries em well..
From there most will say to put them into jars, and burp them. I say - PUT THEM IN ANYTHING THATS AIRTIGHT! Breathing them is important, I will normally empty a bag and break it up - sit it in the air circulated room around 13*C and 45% RH..
The buds Ive cured in bags and also in sealable plastic containers both produced great smoke and it is getting me ripped daily still since harvest.. Her smell in some bags isnt the best until its broken apart but the quality is there through out the entire harvest.. Just dont pack really wet buds into a jar, make sure theres some dryness to them but not totally dried out or the quality will be affected IMO. Ive over dried before curing and it was just crumbly weak stuff.. So there is a reason for doing it IMO as you tend to get that throaty taste and feel after a good cure:) I LUV IT>>> Later guys, Hope this helps.. Smokemup

here is my contribution
rhino34.JPG

rhino12.JPG

rhino22.JPG

image570.jpg

the first three photos are my infamous RHINO (a strong CBD indica) (about 2 weeks from harvest) the fourth photo is drying in closet
FIRST: cut from stalk, trim fan/sweet leaf from buds...hang in closet with normal temps and circulation for 3-4 days.(should feel dry but not REAL dry...slightly crunchy)...then...
cut buds from branches and single layer in botton of brown paper bags (bags folded loosely closed)...(checking and turning buds every 6 hours) for 3-4 days...
then i jar em in mason jars (approximately 3/4 ounce per large jar...dont wanna pack em too tight...allow air circ) and burp and fluff twice a day...storing them in hall way closet.
AWESOME RESULTS! Rhino likes it! And the trim makes GREAT budder!
CHEERS!

Back
Top Bottom