Bio char

816a6f67-7f24-4a13-a636-58bfb7f52033.jpg
A sign that is visible from the street lets neighbors and passersby know that the goals of your garden go beyond just looking pretty.

Organic Fish Meal – NPK 10-4-0 - is a popular soil conditioner that helps with healthy root development and green foliage, Fish Meal works great as an early season nitrogen boost. It provides your plants with a mild source of phosphorus and expands microbial colonies in root systems. Works as an ideal additive when preparing new beds or with the seasons first planting.

INGREDIENTS

Fish meal, natural mixed tocopherols (preservative).

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein:
60%Crude Fat: 4%
Crude Fiber: 2%
Calcium: 6%
Phosphorus: 2.5%
Selenium: 1.5ppm
Selenium Max: 2.0ppm

Organic Fish Meal – NPK 10-4-0 - is a popular soil conditioner that helps with healthy root development and green foliage, Fish Meal works great as an early season nitrogen boost. It provides your plants with a mild source of phosphorus and expands microbial colonies in root systems. Works as an ideal additive when preparing new beds or with the seasons first planting.

INGREDIENTS

Fish meal, natural mixed tocopherols (preservative).

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein:
60%Crude Fat: 4%
Crude Fiber: 2%
Calcium: 6%
Phosphorus: 2.5%
Selenium: 1.5ppm
Selenium Max: 2.0ppm
Make yourself some FAA -Fish Amino Acid.

That FAA will be a good thing to do with sucker's I catch or my walley left over remains after filleting back in my gurellia days I used to keep the sucker's and chubs I caught from trout fishing and buried them around my plants it they LOVED it I don't fish as much as I used to ....used to carry a fishing pole in my truck just in case the urge struck!

That FAA will be a good thing to do with sucker's I catch or my walley left over remains after filleting back in my gurellia days I used to keep the sucker's and chubs I caught from trout fishing and buried them around my plants it they LOVED it I don't fish as much as I used to ....used to carry a fishing pole in my truck just in case the urge struck!

I wonder how some char soaked in that after it's fermented would work? Ever try it?

I wonder how some char soaked in that after it's fermented would work? Ever try it?
I haven't but that's just because I only made a gallon or so of the stuff. I'm sure it would work great though, especially for the fungi. I usually use a mix of my Jadam nutes along with worm casting tea/extract to soak my char.

I haven't but that's just because I only made a gallon or so of the stuff. I'm sure it would work great though, especially for the fungi. I usually use a mix of my Jadam nutes along with worm casting tea/extract to soak my char.
I don't think I'd do alot of char just a bit to add to the regular stuff I usually just send it through the worm bin a little at a time I have most of the soil amended with it so I just use a little at a time Plus I use the Pacific Gro Bio char fish seems to work pretty good

I don't think I'd do alot of char just a bit to add to the regular stuff I usually just send it through the worm bin a little at a time I have most of the soil amended with it so I just use a little at a time Plus I use the Pacific Gro Bio char fish seems to work pretty good
I should explain I reuse all my old soil I dump out All the outside pots in the compost pile which is amended with bio char so it lasts quite awhile according to research it'll stay in the ground for years to come

Everything I do is in moderation I try never to give to much of a good thing I've learned that the HARD WAY!

And if something doesn't look right the first thing I do is check the pH of the soil and moisture level because I know after the soil test I should have all the nuts I need for almost 6 months except for you know certain times and it's fairly inexpensive on nuits to get the results I do with that bio char seems to help with run off and leaching good moisture retention and it really holds on to the nuits and biology

I don't think I'd do alot of char just a bit to add to the regular stuff I usually just send it through the worm bin a little at a time I have most of the soil amended with it
I use biochar as about 11% of my mix, and some of it gets reused in future grows as old soil makes up about 20% of my mix.

I should explain I reuse all my old soil I dump out All the outside pots in the compost pile which is amended with bio char so it lasts quite awhile according to research it'll stay in the ground for years to come
Thousands of years according to scientists. It has its basis in the Amazonian rain forest. The jungle soil is notoriously poor for growing crops despite its ability to produce a jungle. The native people had massive populations they had to feed and they did so by apparently amending the soil with char, human waste and pottery chards.

That soil is still super productive and today they mine it and sell it off as potting soil, and yet it seems to regenerate itself despite the mining, which likely has to do with the microbes.

Research Terra Preta, or "Black Earth." Fascinating stuff. :thumb:

I use biochar as about 11% of my mix, and some of it gets reused in future grows as old soil makes up about 20% of my mix.

Thousands of years according to scientists. It has its basis in the Amazonian rain forest. The jungle soil is notoriously poor for growing crops despite its ability to produce a jungle. The native people had massive populations they had to feed and they did so by apparently amending the soil with char, human waste and pottery chards.

That soil is still super productive and today they mine it and sell it off as potting soil, and yet it seems to regenerate itself despite the mining, which likely has to do with the microbes.

Research Terra Preta, or "Black Earth." Fascinating stuff. :thumb:
Yeah I read that about the rain forest. I'll research that I'm ALL ABOUT learning stuff especially if it helps my grow 👍😎

Interesting article @seeofgreen 18 ,

As a wee child growing up in rural Indiana, I remember my dad would pile discarded wood and limbs gathered throughout the year into a large pile and burn that pile of wood the following spring.

When the fire was completely dead and the ashes were cold, the ashes were scooped up and then they were spread over our garden, which provided us with a year’s worth of food.

I total concur that certain ashes are good for soil that is used yearly as a growth source.

Good post and thanks for sharing your knowledge and advice.
we do it here for spud crops

Most ppl put their scraps in like this I tried this all's it did was make them run to the sides of the bin for a week or so I started pre composting Much BETTER results they are all over it that's where I put the char, Bokashi and the oyster shell flour and I'll throw in some Neem seed meal and alfalfa and a few other things every now and again but I still add the amendment to the bed and pots when making my soil but WAY less amendments at start or during the run with that Bio char don't seem to have to water near as much either 👍 so I use 2 buckets when composting for my worms and it's not that much extra work either once you get going
IMG_20230217_095059.jpg
am growing ghost peppers from composted leaves off hash plants

Back
Top Bottom