Bluetooth auto feminized

Oddi

420 Member
Hi.
I am a newbie grower and I got 2 Bluetooth plants growing in my tent started from autoflowering feminized seeds, they are the same age and are in the same water reservor but have very different buds, can someone explaine this difference?
Best regards Oddi
20190524_110339.jpg
20190524_110328.jpg
20190524_110227.jpg
20190524_110218.jpg

Hey Oddi - first off, awesome looking plants! :goodjob: You are doing extremely well for your first grow man, well done. :rollit:
Looks like you're looking at two different phenotype's of the same strain. Each strain can actually grow up to a number of ways with different characteristics. I've learnt all about it from threads here on 420 - unfortunately i can't find them now. :nomo:
@Pennywise @Mr. Krip @Emilya - anyone got a link to give @Oddi some insight on phenotypes?

Welcome to 420 Oddi. I'll look around for you but basically plants like humans have millions of genes but in cannabis only 28 can be expressed at any given time. When you grow multiple plants brothers and sisters can look very different from one another depending on their individual mix of genes. Also environment can play apart in gene expression. The differences that we "see" are known as phenotypes.

Just to build on what Brother Pennywise said, which is 420% correct. The same way a parent can have some children with brown hair and some blond, some with brown eyes and some blue, and some tall & thin and others short & stocky, plants can express different traits, also. It's really those grouping of traits that comprise the phenotypes.

So, you may find some StrainX plants grow tall, smell like pine, and have wide internodes. Another plant of the same strain grows short & compact with tight internodes and smells more like lemon.

Those would be considered two phenotypes of the same strain (genotype).

Welcome Oddi. Like everyone else said there are so many different variations of a certain strain. That fact is what had me go from growing only with clones that I would acquire to solely growing from seed. You never know exactly what you're going to get and some of it can be amazing.

:bravo:Looks great Oddi :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom