Brand New Grower - Sativa Strains?

grwgrl

Hey everyone! I am brand new to the site and to growing. I have been reading up on growing for the last 3 months and I'm ready to start! I have a small grow tent that will house 2 ladies, seed to harvest and I'm going to be using CFL's just because I want to get my feet wet before I spend a whole bunch of cash on this. 2 are all that I need.

I have read almost everywhere that Sativa strains are more complicated to grow. Sativa is what I like. Even if it's a Sativa Dominant instead of a full Sativa. I plan on buying fem or auto-flower from a seed bank but I don't want to get something that I'm going to kill during vegetation.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which strain to grow? I was thinking maybe Pineapple Express but some sites say it's Sativa dominant and some say it's Indica dominant so I'm confused as shit! I plan to LST so height isn't an issue for me. I just need something a little more forgiving for my first grow and something that gives you the Sativa high. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

:welcome: to :420: grwgrl!

IDK if Sativas are more complicated to grow. They can take longer and stretch taller but as long as you know that going in, the grow should be pretty straightforward.

:welcome:to :420: Grwgrl. Take a look at our seed sponsors, link in my signature. There are some details and searches on their sites that will help you narrow down a sativa. I've been smoking a Bubble Kush Automatic from Barneys for the last year, and have another going now, again in my sig :) Claimed to be 10% sativa, but as you can see from the photos it tends to show it more than the indica side. It's a good clear euphoric head high. Allows me to get plenty done during the day, even if it does make me chatty. Hope this helps, if I can assist you in any other way please feel free to contact me. Again, :welcome:

The Best Sativa Strain

Some good sativas mentioned in this thread.
The main problem with some sativas is they want to shoot up at crazy speeds and get 20 feet tall, while producing a lot of wispy fluffy buds.
Some are much worse than others.
I'm very happy with Mama Thai ( Seedsman). I do grow it in a screen but could easily manage it without as well. Have been attempting the Thai Stick from Ace Seeds, it's more the super stretchy type, quite scary when it shoots up 10" every time you turn your back...
Also PotChimp has been growing Zamal Reunion (Seeds of Africa I believe) which looks amazing and not too stretchy.
Spitz also grew a bunch of beautiful sativa strains. Or at least I think some of them were sativa. Sorry I have to run or I'd post links to their grows but a quick search will get you there.

:welcome:Grwgrl,
My 1st grow in many years I did both a sativa and an indica for my outdoor grow. Oregon's law went into effect 7-1-2015 so I got a bit of a late start on them. At first I thought the sativa was going to be the beast of the two just because it was so much larger of the two but come harvest time they came in almost the same size yields. When I could keep the chickens from eating all the new growth, they actually looked pretty good for such a short season. As for one being easier to grow, I found no difference to be completely honest, though I did find that my chickens, like you, prefer sativa over indica.
best of luck with your grow

I think I have decided to try out AK48 from Nirvana. It's a hybrid but it's supposed to give you a Sativa high. I have ordered the seeds, I just have to wait for them to come in and decide how many CFL's I should run. I'm going to germinate 3 so I will have more if I screw up.

:thumb:

I think I have decided to try out AK48 from Nirvana. It's a hybrid but it's supposed to give you a Sativa high. I have ordered the seeds, I just have to wait for them to come in and decide how many CFL's I should run. I'm going to germinate 3 so I will have more if I screw up.

that's a good one :)

Since you have a little time on your hands waiting for your seeds to get here, this time would be well spent researching any last moment questions you are not fully sure about, that way when you actually do start your grow your one step ahead of the game :thumb::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom