Breeding For Seeds: Hybrid Vigour Vs Stabilizing The Strain

A sex reversed female is not the same as a self seeded plant(we call them selfies). So relying on a self seed is too inconsistent.

Here is how I make feminized seeds. I take 2 females of the identical plant. When they start exhibiting female traits, I begin spraying one female with colloidal silver at a mixture of at least 30ppm. I spray the plant once in the morning and once in the evening. The treated plant will hermie and begin producing male flowers along with the female buds. I treat the plant with colloidal silver for about 14 days. When the male flowers open, I pollinate the other female plant with the pollen from the cs treated female plant. DO NOT SMOKE THE CS TREARED PLANT, just discard it as it is supposedly unhealthy. The seeds from that pollinated plant will all be females.

This is how pros make feminized seeds as well, so yeah that's the way. You'll have lower chance of growing plants with recessive genes that way, which selfing almost always brings out.

My good :420: mate TheNuttyProfessor has given me some CS spray and this will be used at some point during this trial. I want to plain cross to see how Hybrid Vigour works and then start messing about with the spray and see where we get to. I realise I need more plants really but for the purposes of HV this will be enough providing the regulars are males.

At a later point somewhere I will be open to experiments that any followers might wish me to try. TheNuttyProfessor is testament to experimental success so I figured why not.

Dang, I wasn't even really interested in breeding, but then I went and read this whole thread.
Thanks MedFarmer, now I'll never get to my home projects!
:thanks:

JB

What an awesome thread!! Reps++
:bravo:
Lots of excellent information contained within these 5 pages!! Kudos to all that have contributed.....especially MedFarmer.
And last but not least, BIG thanks to Conradino for making me aware of this thread.
:thanks::high-five:

Dang, I wasn't even really interested in breeding, but then I went and read this whole thread.
Thanks MedFarmer, now I'll never get to my home projects!
:thanks:

JB

There are always too many distractions my friend :cheesygrinsmiley: and you are welcome :love:

What an awesome thread!! Reps++
:bravo:
Lots of excellent information contained within these 5 pages!! Kudos to all that have contributed.....especially MedFarmer.
And last but not least, BIG thanks to Conradino for making me aware of this thread.
:thanks::high-five:

Thank you my friend.

There is still a long way to go to get down to the nitty-gritty but it should be fun. I know I need more plants to work with but I'm just waiting on a couple of plants that could be male. I would prefer to start with males and then develop different strategies later.

I just posted this in my MedFarmer goes perpetual thread

I have 100% on 5 seeds that were grown by TheNuttyProfessor and entrusted to me to grow out to see what he created. TNP is also growing out some now too. The more we grow out the better chance we have of finding something special.

The seeds are Blue Blood regulars that were crossed with an auto THC Bomb female that was reversed for her pollen.

TNP_first_5.jpg

I have also put into soak 5 more of TNP's seeds in the form of auto THC Bomb crossed with an auto THC Bomb female that was reversed for her pollen. So we should be looking at feminized auto THC Bombs.

THC_Bomb_Auto_seeds.jpg
THC_Bomb_Auto_seeds_soaking.jpg

I shall be soaking more seeds after my holiday and they will be included in this thread to see where we can get with them and the other seeds I have planned for this experiment.

I'm getting quite excited now but I know it will be a while for the fun to start.

I might have to change my mind on outdoor grows to accommodate some of these experimental plants :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Med Farmer This is great! Now let's go back to my comments on focus. For instance what are the traits that are the MOST desirable in the 2 parents? Take each parent and write both of them down with a list their most desirable traits. Now what traits are we looking to focus on? This will help you as they grow and you make notes focusing on these traits. This can become quite cumbersome because in just this one grow of 5 plants means that you are keeping grow journal note on 5 plants at a time documenting growth rates, relative plant frame, intermodal distances, flowering and maturity times relative to each other, etc. Then of course notes on smell, appearance and color. smoke quality and potency. It's fun but that's what it takes to run a long term successful breeding program at even the smallest level. Man I love this work it's a blast! Best of luck in all you grow!

Looking good MedFarmer!
:thumb:

If you end up with a bacon flavored pheno I'd sure appreciate a cutting if you don't mind.
:yummy::peace:

Did someone say bacon?! Cross that with a cheese strain and you'll have one yummy sandwich!

Back
Top Bottom