Brown stuff on eaves! SOS

stickyfingerz86

420 Member
Alright guys I finally made it to a community. So I have this issue with my little guy. I’m seeing brown spots on the leaves not exactly sure what it is. My plant is 5 weeks old. This happened soon after I added Fox farm grow big (2 teaspoons to gallon of tap water). After adding to plant every other water I noticed this. It looks like it’s spreading too. Please help.. thank you!

P.S this is just a little project I don’t expect this weed to be really good.

Attachments

• CE97DF4D-92BC-4AC2-AE9F-51FC805846D2.jpeg
    CE97DF4D-92BC-4AC2-AE9F-51FC805846D2.jpeg
    415 KB · Views: 90
  • 191824F4-4AC9-40D1-A136-E7DD9FD95347.jpeg
    191824F4-4AC9-40D1-A136-E7DD9FD95347.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 02A4A09E-171C-4C84-94FA-3A71B31D4838.jpeg
    02A4A09E-171C-4C84-94FA-3A71B31D4838.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 80
I use sugarsoap, usally mold from paint and damp.. wash down allow to dry and use a anti bacterial exterior low sheen paint for your eaves..

MG soil is tricky and from what I understand the nutes inside the soil are released slowly where Cannabis needs the nutes at time of feeding.

So whenever you add nutrients your pH is most likely to change. Your pH of the water going in should be at 6.5, where anywhere between 6.3 and 6.8 is ideal.
Purchase a pH pen(several on the jungle site) and start testing your water before giving to the plants. From what I see it's a lack of Calcium, most likely locked out from bad pH. Is it MG soil or potting mix? It makes a difference on your pH range.

MG soil is tricky and from what I understand the nutes inside the soil are released slowly where Cannabis needs the nutes at time of feeding.

So whenever you add nutrients your pH is most likely to change. Your pH of the water going in should be at 6.5, where anywhere between 6.3 and 6.8 is ideal.
Purchase a pH pen(several on the jungle site) and start testing your water before giving to the plants. From what I see it's a lack of Calcium, most likely locked out from bad pH. Is it MG soil or potting mix? It makes a difference on your pH range.
I am using potting soil for now. do I just have to find water with the righh balance or adjust it? I’ll watch a video on YouTube

Attachments

• CDAFB8BB-003E-49F4-8117-055D022AE6AB.png
    CDAFB8BB-003E-49F4-8117-055D022AE6AB.png
    1 MB · Views: 72
I am using potting soil for now. do I just have to find water with the righh balance or adjust it? I’ll watch a video on YouTube
Tap water I think runs at around 7.0 pH. I use rain water so I never measured tap water. My rain water comes in at 6.5. If you find your pH is low, or acidic, you need to raise it several ways. Purchase PH UP and PH DOWN to make any adjustments. PH Up raises the pH and PH Down, as you may have guessed, lowers it.
Of course there are other organic ways to lower pH such as lemon juice, or citric acid. To raise the pH you can use Oyster Shell Lime or wood ashes. Wood ashes react quick so be cautious if using that.

I use sugarsoap, usally mold from paint and damp.. wash down allow to dry and use a anti bacterial exterior low sheen paint for your eaves..
I see what you did there, cheeky. Lol!

Ok will do. What about the nutrients? Do I continue adding? It has that calcium in it.

No, I would get some better soil and transplant it. That's a seed formula, so your plant as it grows will be looking for nutrients that soil can't give. Fox Farm Ocean Forest is highly recommended by many growers as it has lots of nutes in it and most likely would not need to feed until you flip to flower.
I would also swap out those pots you have to fabric pots that allow for better airflow and it's harder to overwater. Only if it's in your budget. Fabric pots are cheap, 5gal or 7gal.

If you go with something like Promix HP it's a potting mix and would need regular feeding.

Ok will do. What about the nutrients? Do I continue adding? It has that calcium in it.
I wouldn't feed it anymore until you get your pH in check. If the plant has locked out Calcium it's not going to absorb anymore anyhow. Then you risk toxicity when the lock clears up with correct pH levels.

Back
Top Bottom