Buhdders Bagseed Grow Journal - 2010

Buhdders Bagseed Grow Journal - first seeds in machine.

Thanks Joe, I'm trying my damnedest.

March 7th-
I just finished putting my 6 biggest germinated seeds into the machine.
Buried them 1/4" under the treated rockwool
march_7_planting_germinated_seeds.JPG

I also cleaned and put fresh, pH balance water in the reservoir, no nutes. I took out the heater cause there was some kind of film growing on it, probably algae. Moved the tubes to the side and halfway up the rockwool per fry's suggestion. Should have one of my 8 CFL fixture done today. Will post pics if i still have a cam.

This might be a stupid question:
Should i turn off the water pump or keep it running nonstop? plan is to keep it running nonstop unless otherwise advised.

Buhdders Bagseed Grow Journal - CFL light fixture

Here's my fixture. almost done, just got get some more elbows to support the other side(Didn't think I was going need them)
DSCN0588.JPG

DSCN0589.JPG

I'm using 4x2700k and 4x5000k. I'm planning on building another, but is this going to be good for now?

Re: Buhdders Bagseed Grow Journal - first seeds in machine.

Thanks Joe, I'm trying my damnedest.

March 7th-
I just finished putting my 6 biggest germinated seeds into the machine.
Buried them 1/4" under the treated rockwool
I also cleaned and put fresh, pH balance water in the reservoir, no nutes. I took out the heater cause there was some kind of film growing on it, probably algae. Moved the tubes to the side and halfway up the rockwool per fry's suggestion. Should have one of my 8 CFL fixture done today. Will post pics if i still have a cam.

This might be a stupid question:
Should i turn off the water pump or keep it running nonstop? plan is to keep it running nonstop unless otherwise advised.

Good work, keep that heater out of the res, you won't need it, ideally the res temp should be about 60, 80 would be bad bad bad.

Run the water pump 24/7 until you have adequate roots in the water. This last grow I took my pump out after about two weeks. Post pics of the roots, we'll help you decide when to remove it.

ya....but the lights for my soil grow went out as well.. btw.. woke up today with 3 more sprouted:) only one left that hasn't shown activity.
:roorrip:

Excellent! Sounds like things are moving along nicely even with the lights out. These things are pretty tolerant, it sounds to me as though one of the worst things you can do is nute burn, after that there isn't much than can happen that will hurt you too bad.

I did my first reservoir change today and added 1/4 tsp/per gallon water of each nute in the General hydroponics 3-step Flora series. Should have done it earlier, the plants each have three sets of leaves but some are a little yellow, that's nitrogen deficiency, right? Hope to get some pics after the weekend.

I did my first reservoir change today and added 1/4 tsp/per gallon water of each nute in the General hydroponics 3-step Flora series. Should have done it earlier, the plants each have three sets of leaves but some are a little yellow, that's nitrogen deficiency, right? Hope to get some pics after the weekend.

That sounds about right, yellowing is probably an N defficiency. Now watch how they do today and tomorrow, they will probably start greening up. You may want to add another 1/4 in two days.

Buhdders Bagseed Grow Journal

Today my plants look all nice and healthy:) no more yellow, just couple brown spots but nothing bad. I "fimmed" two of the plants for fun, ill top the others when i get a cam so i can take pics of the process.

Back
Top Bottom