Burmese Kush - CFL - First Time

Yes, there is some cupping. Now, when the new growth comes out, it is automatically cupped. While I have seen a little additional cupping, it seems to be minimal at this point. My LEDs are 10" from the top of the plants, 15" from the dirt line. They are really cool today with the door open. Nothing over 81!

I will consider moving the LEDs back. Will that lower the intensity / lumens of light?

BUKU Day 19

I raised the LED lights by 1.5"

Probably need to raise the cfls too.

Nice, continuous growth.

DSCN34575.JPG
DSCN34592.JPG
DSCN34601.JPG
DSCN34583.JPG

Plant problems on day 20

I think it is just a little heat stress, so im not even worried about it.

See pics below. These are just on plant A, maybe a tiny bit on plant B.

A and B are under the LEDs.

A is growing so tall, I am worried the new growth is getting tangled up.

B seems to refuse to stretch at all, but still lots of healthy new growth.

All these pics are on plant A. I will do B and C separate for today.

brown_edges1.JPG
White_spots1.JPG
DSCN34658.JPG
DSCN34642.JPG
DSCN34634.JPG
DSCN34613.JPG

Day 21 after pruning and bugs

Found a flock of small flying somethings.

My eyes are not good to begin with, and when the lights are on, I get all blurry.

But there were definetly some flyin' somethin's in there.

Sprayed the Ortho bug spray when I shook the plant and they came out.

Also trimmed all of what I think are called "fan leaves."

I cut them with a box cutter. All the big leaves that came straight out sideways.

I left the upper most set that are just growing.

Can I make cannabutter or tea or something with 21 day trimmings? Or is it too early for that?

Trying to put the fans lower on the plants to dry the soil

Considering tying some branches that are growing straight up into the others.

Did I trim correctly? More, less, just right?

Thanks.

DSCN34802.JPG
DSCN34812.JPG
DSCN34823.JPG

BUKU Day 22

Well, I think it looks great!

Probably waited too long to start pruning.

Hope they don't go into shock and get hermie, but can't tell yet.

If they were a little more mature, I would throw them into flower. But no preflowers yet, so I will let them recoup for a week and hopefully see some preflowers then.

I tied some of the bunched up branches to bolts and hung them over the sides of the pots! Seems to be working!

You can't see it in the pictures, but the newest newest growth (half cm of leaves) did turn white after pruning all the fan leaves. And yes, I went and chopped off even the highest fan leaves. Noob mistake or hidden wonder....

DSCN34833.JPG
DSCN3484.JPG
DSCN34853.JPG
DSCN34862.JPG

Day 22. So I don't think I saw the top leaves turn white. I think they are white hairs.

When I search "Female preflower white hair" I see a lot of white hairs growing from a "armpit" or place where branches bend or come off the trunk.

On my plants, I only see the white hairs at the future bud sites: where the new growth is at the top of the center stalk and branches.

Am I seeing correctly? Do white hairs at new leaf growth = females and flower time?

I think I will switch the lights to 12/12 tomorrow.

Sorry, my camera cannot focus on small things.

BUKU Day 25

Leaves are growing everywhere. I want bud...

Smells like a skunk came in here and did the nasty...

I specifically did not buy anything with skunk, yet here I am. My whole house stinks like skunk arse.

And those are just the leaves.

It had a rich organic aroma, not particularly pleasant, but now it has turned sour. Maybe from cutting the fan leaves?

DSCN3496.JPG

BUKU Day 28 Flower Day 6?

Anyway, still no preflowers or anything like that.

The plant just wants to keep growin'

I picked up a tent and some new lights on a black Friday sale at the local hydro store.

The only tent they had in stock was a 2' x 3' x 5' tall. Since its a little short, I put the Phresh filter and on the top like a chimney. So far it still smells. Maybe it just needs a few days.

Now I have 300 actual watts of LED. Most seem to be red. Agro Pro.

Robust, but short and bushy growth. I put the lights up high to try to have them fill their space.

I would like help with how to prune. Last time I just cup all the fan leaves...

For now it has plenty of air flow, though.

temps at 81'

DSCN35004.JPG
DSCN35013.JPG
DSCN35024.JPG
DSCN35032.JPG

Day 29 (Day 6 of flower light schedule)

Growing like its veg. Plants are now 14" tall for the 2 big ones, 11" for the short one.

I put the short one up on some boxes.

I watered the plants today with some bloom ferts. Hope that will start some flowering, or at least pre-flowers.

A few gnats in the soil. I watered anyways, again, to get the plants in flower mode.

Must be a lot of nitrogen still in the Vermifire soil.

I'm using Dyna Grow Bloom. All in one.

DSCN35071.JPG
DSCN35084.JPG

BUKU Day 30
Flower Day 7

I still do not see the alternating nodes I hear people talk about as the sign of plant maturity.

I wonder if I pushed for flower from veg too soon....

Anyway, lots of growth, lots of leaves, 1" growth on all plants over the past 24 hours.

Fan leaves are beginning to drown out the lower bud sites and the plants are growing into the walls and each other.

I won't mess with it and hope that the plants figure it out for themselves.

Tent temps were high when I got home. 82+' and 74% humidity... Guess I need a better fan. But I'm not messing with the chimney. I am amazed it went together the first time.

DSCN35113.JPG
DSCN35104.JPG
DSCN35092.JPG

BUKU Day 31 Flower Day 8 ( I think )

Well, I still don't see any alternating nodes and no signs of preflowers...

I am disappointed. I thought the nutes would spur the change for sure.

Just more growth. I am tempted to chop off the fan leaves at the top again. They grow right over the other future bud sites.

I'm trying to allow nature to run its course and not go crazy and try to change something major.

Since the plants look perfectly happy and healthy... Just no flowers.

DSCN35153.JPG
DSCN35144.JPG
DSCN35134.JPG
DSCN35124.JPG

Back
Top Bottom