Blue Dream & Lemon Amnesia Haze - CFL & LED - Organic Soil

1ofaKind

Blue Dream by HSO - Blueberry something crossed with some Haze

Lemon Amnesia Haze by Barneys - Lemon Skunk crossed with some Haze

1 seed of each sprouted January 6 (Mothers)

Jiffy Organic Seed Starting Mix to start, Lamberts Organic Potting Soil for the 1 Gal pots.

They will end up in Vermifire Organic Potting Soil. This soil contains organic veg nutes for 6 weeks.

Probably just 5 gallon pots. Maybe 7. Considering felt or air pots....

Veg tent is all 23 watt CFLs. As many as needed.

Flower Tent has 720 watts actual draw LEDs. Mostly reds with a little blue, white, UV, and IR.

I am not sure if I will continue using my cheap "all in one" Dynagrow organic nute, or if I will try something more comprehensive. Kind of depends on how the Buku turns out.

THE PLAN

To grow one of each plant in a small 2' x 3' tent for 7 weeks while the flower tent clears out the Burmese Kush mothers, and maybe even some of the clones by then.

The day I move the mothers from the small tent, I want to take several clones from each plant and put them back in the small tent.

After 2 weeks, the Buku clones should finish flowering, so I can move the Blue and Lemon clones in the flower tent with their mothers, and start something new in the small tent.

So 9 weeks from now I hope to have new, different seeds starting in the small tent, and a very full flower tent with mothers and clones!

Wish me luck!

I plan to post pics once a week.

Pics today don't look all that great. Just trying to get things started.

This is the Blue Dream

DSCN36853.JPG

This is the Lemon Skunk Haze. It has the seed stick to it, and it still has a little brown under the leaves, but should be fine. I am much more relaxed this time around.

DSCN36861.JPG

Together

DSCN36841.JPG

re: Blue Dream & Lemon Amnesia Haze - CFL & LED - Organic Soil

I am trying a 20/4 light schedule. The only problem could be the flower tent right next to this one. But from my experience, no light actually gets in the flower tent.

The room has an AC, but it gets confusing trying to meet the needs of the flower and veg tents at the same time.

Hi. Lemon Amnesia is my favourite strain. I hope all will go well. Good luck and happy growing.:cheer:

They seem to have stabilized at their current height. The leaves have grown on both plants since my post this morning (almost doubled).

I would have needed the lights lower over the past few days (since they first sprouted).

I like my leaves high from the soil and I don't like having to worry about plants growing into lights throughout the day.

Day 17

Added a couple more bulbs because I was keeping the other bulbs too close and think they may have caused some damage.

IMG_017451.JPG

IMG_017743.JPG

The lemon is a little leggy. Should of listened to Gutta. But is has some burn of the leaves from the bulbs, too.... Tricky.

IMG_017544.JPG
IMG_017650.JPG

Blue has some discoloration on the top leaves. It is slight, different shades of green.. You might not be able to see it in the pic.

IMG_018052.JPG
IMG_018153.JPG
IMG_017953.JPG

Guess I can ignore it. Might go away on its own.

Other that that, they look great! Still in organic soil and being fed with Big Bloom (and a spot of superthrive)

Topping is coming next week, repotting the week after that.

Blue n Lemon Day 25

Pics from Day 24

The topping really slowed the growth on both plants. Topped about 6 days ago.

Repotted Blue 6 days ago. Lemon will size up later today or tomorrow.

I added in a 60 watt draw led and raised up the CFLs. Currently 200 watt total actual draw in the tent.

No more heat stress on the leaves. Also put the fan on high cutting in between the lights and plants.

Blue has a thicker stem than Lemon. Ever since the seed stuck to Lemon, she has been behind...

All in all, both plants look very similar in growth.

IMG_027750.JPG
IMG_027649.JPG

Blue & Lemon Day 38

They have been topped a second time, and have not responded quickly...

I didn't realize how old they are already.

Hopefully they will grow and be ready to flower in another week or two.

I put them in 7 gal felt pots / smart pots / phat sacs or whatever you wanna call em.

But my 15" trays were not big enough.. Need to pick some 18" ones up.

I only cloned each plant 2 x. Looking to flower the mothers big time and just do the clones for fun.

IMG_041640.JPG
IMG_041743.JPG

Holiday bonus!

I believe this is day 40.

Starting to see a couple preflowers on Blue. Lemmy must still be behind from that stuck seed shell...

I just wanted to show the results of the double topping. Big, strong lower nodes, nice spacing, and the side growth coming up nicely!

They are in the big tent now! Lots of room to grow! Not sure if I will flip to flower ASAP or let the 2nd topping recover more.

Definitely waiting on Lemmy to preflower, so at least one more week in veg. Also waiting on tight, alternating nodes on both.

I thought it would be cool if the clones could grow with the mothers in veg for a week or 2 together, then flip them all together.

Clones are 4 days old. No roots yet. Last time it took a full 7 days for minor root growth to show.

Blue:

IMG_041936.JPG
IMG_042036.JPG
IMG_042135.JPG

Lemmy

IMG_042237.JPG
IMG_042343.JPG
IMG_042438.JPG

One of the double tops on Lemmy. Lemmy and Blue look remarkably similar. Is Blueberry a form of Skunk? Then they would both be a skunk / haze hybrid ????

IMG_042532.JPG
IMG_042628.JPG
IMG_042932.JPG
IMG_043033.JPG

Blue Dream and Amnesia Lemon Day 45

These plant have not been trimmed at all. Just the topping 2x.

Tops are finally starting to come back.

Nice and lush. I am considering training them a bit, but I notice as I let them grow naturally, the plant grows in the correct position on its own.

Before some huge fan leaves were right over future bud sites on both plants.

The plants look like the fan leave leaned one way and the new growth veered the other.

Now the new growth is above the fans (on both plants)!

White pistil hairs on both (a little)

Considering switching to 12/12 todayish....

Blue

blue213.JPG
blue114.JPG

Lemon

lem21.JPG

I didn't bother posting pics of the clones as they look exactly like they did last week.

Also, I don't know which are Lem or Blu...

I am considering killing them. Summer is coming, and my experience with clones in they need to veg for a couple weeks before putting them in the flower tent, which means keeping AC on later in the hot months.... Otherwise they produce really tiny, worthless buds.

When I up-potted them yesterday, they didn't have any visible roots at all.

They need time that I don't have.

Blue and Lemon Day 52

Been on 12 / 12 for 7 days or 1 week

Have stretches close to 1" per day for the past 7 days.

Still only need water once every 5 - 7 days (not totally sure)

In 7 gal Phat Sacs.

I have not trimmed a single leaf with either plant. All Natural! Except the double toppings.

I hope for clear flowers by next week's post.

All the clones have been culled. The clones from both plants were not forming roots, but they were staying alive and getting tiny bits of new growth. I feel a weight off my chest now that they are gone.

Blue and Lemon are SOOOOO EASY to take care of! Really just water when needed. Plenty of space.

I hope they will not stretch too much more because of the large pots, which allow them to grow out more than up.

The tops are fairly level :) with zero training other than the topping!

Of course, the proof is in the budding.

Blue is on the right and has the first individual pics.

IMG_044731.JPG
IMG_044833.JPG
IMG_044929.JPG
IMG_045031.JPG
IMG_045134.JPG
IMG_045236.JPG
IMG_045332.JPG

Flower Day 1 Today!

Finally I have several definite flower sites on both the Blue Dream and Amnesia Lemon.

Amnesia stretched the most, currently sitting at 34", or 45" with the pot.

So from 20" - 34", not bad.

I added in my 2 small LEDs, so 600 from the 4 mains and 120 from the nubes.

720 actual draw watts!

I am curious if the LEDs are slower to allow a plant to flower. I read a comment on that, but I guess I will need to do the same exact grow with a HID to be sure.

I just hear others saying that after they switched to 12/12, poof, they have flowers less than a week later...

Personally, I think I should have let the plants veg an extra week. Maybe my switch was too early, still???

Anywho, everything looks good. Pics on Saturday. Hopefully will have more to show by then.

Watered today with Tiger Bloom, but noticed slight nute burn on Blue.

Will need to flush with plain water next time (5 days).

Back
Top Bottom