Super Lemon Haze & Green Crack - Organic & Synthetic

Day 11 of journal.

I have taken the MH bulb out and fitted the dual spectrum bulb, (still unsure of buying a flowering bulb).

So both plants have been on 12/12 for 7 days and both are taking it slow, if i were growing Northern lights id have clusters of white hairs by now but there slowly popping them out, maby just the strains that take longer i have no idea.

Anyone thats grown both strains i have two questions if you could hopefully answer for me:

How long from day of flip till harvest did they take you?

Would feeding organic base nutrients be the cause of slower flower pistol growth?

Thanks for taking a look.

Update day 12 of journal - day 8 of 12/12.

Both plants are reacting great to the 12/12 switch over as well as the dual spectrum bulb.

Not as much stretch as id of liked but they still have another 2 weeks to finally set in, surprisingly the Super Lemon Haze is doing great on organic nutrients, has around 12 main branches for colas so im very happy about that, the green crack id like the lower branches to stretch more but we shall wait and see.

Going to give them both a trim around the 14th day of flower just to reduce any popcorn buds and force the plants to put there power into the top colas.

Iv also popped my Super Skunk seeds and planted them in pots then covered by cling film (never tried the cling film on seedlings yet so giving it a go), the only reason the T5 is on is to give the small tent a little warm up.

Thanks again for taking your time and reading my journal!

Update day 13 of journal - day 9 of 12/12.

Im encountering a few problems with the Super Lemon Haze, leaf tips are starting to yellow off, im feeding both the same with 3.2ml of BioBizz bio-Grow, the green crack seems to be fine but these to strains are fairly taking there time for pistol growth, the environment is great, 25-27c, 50/60%rh iv just taken the humidifier out to see if that makes a difference.

Question is should i go 4ML to 1L?

Thanks again for stopping by!

So a few of my new nutrients have arrived, so im running.

Synthetic:

Canna Boost
Canna PK 13/14
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud
Advanced Nutrients B52
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice
Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin
Advanced Nutrients Overdrive (not pictured)
House & Garden Root Excelurator
Mother Pukka Budwiser
Mother pukka PK 18/20
Terpinator

Organic:

BioBizz Bio-Grow
BioBizz Bio-Bloom
BioBizz Top-Max
BioBizz Root-Juice

Thanks for taking a look!

Update day 16 of journal - day 12 of 12/12.

The plants are stretching nicely into there screen, could of done with a little more width but its fine, very slow growth on the pistols compared to a lot of strains iv grown.

I will start feeding Big Bud from the 14th day for the Green Crack, im quite happy with the Super Lemon Haze growth as its showing around 12-14 bud sites.

Previously when i stated i was going to compare yield ect im now more just looking on taste, i know alot of people are going to say they are to different strains but from my past experience, all of my buds taste the same from the 10+ strains iv grown and i think it has alot to do with the nutrients iv used, i cure my bud for up to 6 month and yes there are hints of certain flavours but id rather find this way out first and if it means loosing a few OZ for flavour then flavour will win every time.

Thanks for stopping by once again!

I have since taken 2 clones from the Super Lemon Haze, i did not bother with the Green Crack as iv grown it twice and not really happy with the out come.

Now the Super Lemon Haze i have taken 2 clones that i will side by side try synthetic/organic and see how well both do, i suppose its a little project that we would all like to know, another good reason is iv never tried the strain and i may enjoy it, atleast this way i can take further clones from them.

Thanks for stopping by!

What about the Green Crack outcome didn't you like? Just for me growing it in the future. It's not on my list, but I may want to avoid it if it tends to have problems.

The smoke is wonderful, nice mellow, its debatable for a night time strain.

I had grown some in a previous journal they had problems with bugs and the branches wernt the strongest, iv since started growing this and its the complete same, bug problem as well as the branches are weak, iv had to buy some Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin to try help so its not a strain i will probably never grow again.

The Super Lemon Haze on the hand has no bugs what so ever on top of leaves aswell as under them and both plants are side by side so i have no idea why, the branches are thick, sturdy and very strong.

Im hoping the clones actually take after the mother, at least by the time my Super Skunk have vegged up i can take clones from them and keep continuing the cycle of getting a harvest every 8 weeks without having to buy seeds.

So the plan could be to harvest the Super Skunk then the Super Lemon Haze and then back to the Super Skunk, i dont mind smoking the same 2 strains this year.

The smoke is wonderful, nice mellow, its debatable for a night time strain.

I had grown some in a previous journal they had problems with bugs and the branches wernt the strongest, iv since started growing this and its the complete same, bug problem as well as the branches are weak, iv had to buy some Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin to try help so its not a strain i will probably never grow again.

The Super Lemon Haze on the hand has no bugs what so ever on top of leaves aswell as under them and both plants are side by side so i have no idea why, the branches are thick, sturdy and very strong.

Im hoping the clones actually take after the mother, at least by the time my Super Skunk have vegged up i can take clones from them and keep continuing the cycle of getting a harvest every 8 weeks without having to buy seeds.

So the plan could be to harvest the Super Skunk then the Super Lemon Haze and then back to the Super Skunk, i dont mind smoking the same 2 strains this year.

Thanks for the breakdown. It is interesting one strain is almost bug resistant.

:thanks:

Update date day 18 of journal -day 14 of 12/12.

So both plants have now started pre-flowers which im over the moon with, i was going to lollypop them but theres not much underneath and anything there has direct light which is the main thing.

The temps are sat between 25-26.5c and hm is around 40-50% which is great.

Started feeding the Green Crack some Big Bud & Boost today, (Big Bud 2ml & Boost 1ml per 1L).

Super Lemon Haze has been getting fed Top Max & Bio Bloom, (both at 2.5ml per 1L).

Thank you for stopping by!

Update day 20 of journal - day 16 of 12/12.

Bud sites are forming very nicely on both plants, im happy with the out come up to now, iv started feeding the Green Crack 1ml of boost as well as Big Bud from day 14 of 12/12.

Trimmed the lower branches but not as much as i wanted to as i dont think the stretch is overall done yet but i have another week to wait for stretching to finish.

Thanks for stopping by!

Update day 20 of journal - day 18 of 12/12.

Happy sunday everyone, i hope everyone is feeling fit and healthy today!

Little update, both plants are doing great, considering that the Super Lemon Haze is totally organic it is turing out great for 18 days from 12/12, the pre-fruits are around 10-15mm already, Green Crack pre fruits are around 10mm, i think i may be the only person that tells the sizes of pre-fruits but everyones a little different.

Started feeding them both un-sulphured molasses 1tsp to 5L, i know a lot of people run molasses for the last 2 weeks in flush but i suppose i can try it out.

The Green Crack is now getting fed 1.5ml Boost to each L.

Current feed schedule for Green Crack week 2:

BioBizz 3.5ml
Canna Boost 1.5ml
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud 2ml
Advanced Nutrients B522ml
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice 2ml
Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin 2ml
House & Garden Root Excelurator 0.3ml
Mother Pukka Budwiser 0.5ml
Terpinator 2.5ml
Molasses 1/5th tsp

Current feed schedule for Super Lemon Haze week 2:

BioBizz Bio-Grow 3.5ml
BioBizz Bio-Bloom 3.5ml
BioBizz Top-Max 3ml
BioBizz Root-Juice 3ml
Mother Pukka Budwiser 0.5ml
Molasses 1/5 tsp

Thanks for stopping by!

Update day 24 of journal - day 20 of 12/12.

Hello everyone, i hope everyone is feeling fit and healthy today.

So both plants are doing great, im over the moon with the Super Lemon Haze how its reacting to just being fed organic nutrients, the canopy is roughly equal, plenty of bud sites on both plants.

For 20 days into 12/12 flip these plants are doing great over all.

Thanks for stopping by!

Update day 26 of journal - day 22 of 12/12.

Hello everyone!

So both plants are doing great i just have one little problem, it may be something here or there, when my lights have been going off the tents ended up dropping to 19-19.5c i dont know if thats okay or not, another thing is my tent is now sitting between 21-22c when the lights turned on, you would never think im running a 600w in a 1x1m with these temps.

If i stay on the low end temps are my trichomes going to increase alot more?

Thanks everyone!

Day 11 of journal.

I have taken the MH bulb out and fitted the dual spectrum bulb, (still unsure of buying a flowering bulb).

So both plants have been on 12/12 for 7 days and both are taking it slow, if i were growing Northern lights id have clusters of white hairs by now but there slowly popping them out, maby just the strains that take longer i have no idea.

Anyone thats grown both strains i have two questions if you could hopefully answer for me:

How long from day of flip till harvest did they take you?

Would feeding organic base nutrients be the cause of slower flower pistol growth?

Thanks for taking a look.
My Eye, SHPS 1K bare bulb will get white hairs in 6 to 7 days. 400 MH, 600 HPS, lamps were a bust. Just like you said, lamps don't do much. Any Eye product will work well. Also, if your lamp is behind glass it will slow down your plants flowering. In nature, this process takes about 3 weeks.

Cheers

Hello @millertm.

I ended up using a better quality bulb in the end, ill find the brand today, the light is just in an open dutch barn style reflector 20" above canopy, there doing great up to now, took a while to form cluster sets but there coming along quite nicely, around 35-40mm wide fruits up to now, just 24 days into 12/12 and the better plant out of them is the organic fed plant, amazes me.

Update day 33 of journal - day 29 of 12/12.

So here are the 2 plants at just over week 4 of flower and they are doing pretty well, could have hoped the green crack would have been at the same flower stage as the Super Lemon Haze but we will see what is going to happen at week 7.

I have decided to stick with the BioBizz range for the next garden grow as im very happy with the the outcome with the Super Lemon Haze grow with no synthetic nutrients at all.

Thanks for stopping by!

Back
Top Bottom