1st Time Grow With DWC Top Feed Burmese Kush

Looks like you've got it under control OG. It all looks wonderful.

Honestly thanks man. You've been a great helping hand for my first run in hydro. It's funny how fast it actually went by as I remember dreading the waiting back when I first clicked buy on my amazon order back on thanksgiving weekend. I guess at this point tho its auto pilot til its in the jars and curing. I've done the harvest many times so my newbness has to go ahead and call this a fairly successful 1st grow. I'm taking a page out of your book tho with two white widows and a burmese clone all trying to catch up to the 3 PC so my first rdwc run will have 2 strains, I'm just not sure which two yet lol. Apparently it would seem we Canadians can't listen very well through our toques. Should be a fun second grow.

Apparently it would seem we Canadians can't listen very well through our toques. Should be a fun second grow.

lol. We do seem to need to learn the hard way don't we. I'm back at it with 3 strains this time after swearing never again.

Hey all Been a few days. Just been hanging out with the Mrs. We made butter and then space bars the other day as you know. With them being made from bottom buds and sugar leaf they are quite potent this time around. I also smoked just a nig of the branch I trimmed off the other day and this stuff is potent howI had hoped it would be, I can't wait to get into some of the tops. So the white castle did not show up which was sad as I had really high hopes for it but I contacted Attitude and was rebuffed by them as they state the seeds are for souvenir purposes, there was nothing they could do but I wrote them back and told them its legal for me to grow and that's what i am buying them for they offered to contact Nirvana the breeder Directly on my behalf. I didn't hear anything else about it and figured they paid me lip service. This was at least two weeks ago but today when I checked the mail looking for the dreaded after xmas CC bills, there was a padded plain white envelope and inside was a package of Ice Fem seed direct from the breeder. So Attitude might get one more crack at me after all.
6B6F4160-B7A7-4659-9C3E-FF3C3D87144D.jpeg

The butter me made in the espresso pot comes out a very light shade of green, much lighter in color than when I used to do it on the stove in a double boiler for 4-6 hours, and I'd honestly say it more potent as well. I highly recommend looking into one if you like edibles like me and the wife do and you can use them for oils and tinctures as well.

A32432D6-2A80-4FDC-9B4D-F6CED9E375F9.jpeg

The little branch I cut ended up weighing in at 3.2g when dried and trimmed off the stem down fro 17.7 g when I first cut it off.
It smoked perfectly and had just a tad bit of harshness that i hope to be taken care of with the flush this week.

878795EC-BB70-41D8-AA58-EBCC9E4D5FED.jpeg

Mama and the cheese ad a run in with dry buckets basically the other morning. We went out for the night and when i nudged them before leaving I figured I was great til the next morning when we got home. Nope they had barely an inch of water left and were droopy as hell. They've both recovered perfectly fine within a few hours really. I even added my clone light on the back wall as extra lighting for them as they're both getting huge.

178ED22A-8288-47F5-AC8C-290A8FF3BC4B.jpeg
F2652839-B959-4C71-9D0C-A14D1528C2E9.jpeg

And lastly the flush took place Friday and I replaced that Saturday with fresh water ph'd to 5.8. They';re about to get 2 gallons of ph'd top up water and that's all she wrote. They will be able to sustain til Friday now from this point and that's when I have a buddy coming over to help me with the fun part. Here they are in all their glory.

BEA98877-B0FF-4CE5-93A1-69742A2677A8.jpeg
A932A151-D5F2-4B19-B2E2-A328A795319D.jpeg
84F0ADFA-43B1-40F5-962D-7F9D7BEB2258.jpeg
3CDB1AC3-7D20-465B-BAB4-2F9E15E5C723.jpeg
59DEEFBB-397C-4DB3-BBB5-B76535D5A650.jpeg
459AEFBE-AA4A-409B-BC42-85B919F40A8A.jpeg
0717D1CB-F009-4E79-8B86-D4C7D1DA09F5.jpeg

Off to read some journals and vote in some contests!
Looks amazing man.

Looks amazing man.

Thanks man, I really appreciate you being along for my journey. You've stuck it out when no one else seemed to be coming by and I appreciated it more than you know. Only a couple more days now and we will finally find out what this light really does once i get some weights for everyone.

Thanks man, I really appreciate you being along for my journey. You've stuck it out when no one else seemed to be coming by and I appreciated it more than you know. Only a couple more days now and we will finally find out what this light really does once i get some weights for everyone.
Absolutely no sweat man. It was my pleasure. I'm so glad you've done so well. We'll just have to do this again! Cheers bro!

Your ladies are looking mad brother, have fun with the trim and scissor hash my friend!

Enjoy the smells and hands on time with the ladies ;P

So there was a change of plans and I am out of town this weekend now and won't be able to harvest friday so I did it all yesterday. OMFG 21 hours of straight trimming with about 2 hours help from abuddy and 2 hours from the wife. Its all down and drying in the tent and should be ready to pull out sunday when I get back. I have some pics of the hang and trim but didn't bother to weigh it as it took o long to trim. I need a nap and shower and then its off to work late tonight. have a good day all.

So there was a change of plans and I am out of town this weekend now and won't be able to harvest friday so I did it all yesterday. OMFG 21 hours of straight trimming with about 2 hours help from abuddy and 2 hours from the wife. Its all down and drying in the tent and should be ready to pull out sunday when I get back. I have some pics of the hang and trim but didn't bother to weigh it as it took o long to trim. I need a nap and shower and then its off to work late tonight. have a good day all.

So I ended up with 24 hangars with avegrag 4 branchs on each, a cookie sheet of smaller branches, and a 2.5'x2.5 'cardboard sheet of popcorn and sugar leaf. My guess is around 505g's but the bidding is open for final weight guesses and the winner get 1 million imagination land points!

It's so hard to tell how dense your buds are. You definitely have the quantity... I'm going off the bud you cured. My guess on weight is 1.625lbs. I hope I'm on the small side. You're gonna do very well no matter what it is.
I think im a bit over on this estimate... i hope not. i should have held out for the harvest pics.

How do you cure?

I was gonna recommend humidity packs. They offer a nice long cure. Really chills out any roughness ( If there is any). Be doubly sure your humidity is under 65% before Jarring them I use the 62% packs from Integra. The packs will absorb some moisture, but I just saw a moldy bud on here that supposedly came from a bud that had the packs and was jarred a few weeks before... now, was it an anomaly? Maybe, Was it the fact that he stopped burping the jars? Probably, but just letting you know. You gotta watch them for a while. I'm sure you know all this.

I use hygrometers for cigar storage to answer any questions about humidity Cheap cheap, $6 bucks each at Cigar International. You dont need one for every jar, but a couple sure helps.

Well no matter what I try short of pumping mist into the tent I can't get it above 44% Rh and it fluctuates between 20-44%. I have been monitoring how fast they are drying and had to pull the first stuff I trimmed to jar as it was snapping branches and getting crispy, I'll be burping these jars non stop for at least a week as i'm not losing anything to mold. I was actually impressed with how much I got off 3 hangars filling up 2 1L mason jars. I hope its a sign of things to come :thumb:, Not too sure I'll hit Stltoed's guess but I think I have a shot still.
2796D56A-512B-449E-B314-5AB22C915F9A.jpeg

Well no matter what I try short of pumping mist into the tent I can't get it above 44% Rh and it fluctuates between 20-44%. I have been monitoring how fast they are drying and had to pull the first stuff I trimmed to jar as it was snapping branches and getting crispy, I'll be burping these jars non stop for at least a week as i'm not losing anything to mold. I was actually impressed with how much I got off 3 hangars filling up 2 1L mason jars. I hope its a sign of things to come :thumb:, Not too sure I'll hit Stltoed's guess but I think I have a shot still.
2796D56A-512B-449E-B314-5AB22C915F9A.jpeg
I tell you what. The quality is there, I'll take 10 ounces of great bud over 16 ounces of bud. I think you have the former. The Fuckin guy bitches as he processing plants... wow. Haha

I have news.

Back
Top Bottom