Camper2016's First Grow - Candy Cane Auto

camper2016

Hey guys, thanks for any advice. All is appreciated and will be taken with a good heart and attitude. My first attempt to grow marijuana. Have to give props to Crop King Seeds they were very upfront, nice and willing to help a newb like me get going. Ordered Candy Cane auto-flower based on their recommendation (my 1st preference was Sour Diesel) and bought 5 seeds. A little nervy on my part, I've never "bought" before and the guy who worked with me was very helpful, informative and straight up which was beneficial. The seeds came 5 days later and the guy sent me 8 seeds which is very cool especially when I held 4 in reserve and the 4 seeds I germed all sprouted (currently in paper towels in zip bag)...will put in soil tomorrow or when tap root is more pronounced. Plan to put in 3 gal containers with soil and perlite; have 600W HPS lights up and ready in a 3 X 5 closet...plan 18/6 lighting. What do you think?:Namaste:

still have seeds in wet paper towels...the seeds all have tap roots but they're still little just would like the root to grow out to a 1/2" right now I'd say the roots are in the 1/8" in range...expect to plant within the next day or two.

I think you've gotten off to a good start. 3 gallons is about right for autos, and 18/6 is perfect also. Some folks will go 20/4 with great success, but 18/6 is the norm. Good luck with rest of the germination process, sounds like you're anxious to get started... That's a sign that the grow fever is catching on.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thank you for the reply. I an excited to get this going and more excited to get it ready to smoke. I welcome all comments and critique. I've also read that even 24/0 would work for autos, too. I have a 600W HPS light that want to have a chance to cool down. I've already lit it up and it gets plenty warm in the closet.

Thank you, Mr Am4zin...have the soil...couldn't find everything exactly but just gonna keep rollin along. Have potting mix, sand and some vigaro with perlite plus other stuff I wasn't too keen on. So, I will bump up the sand a bit mix the potting soil and some of the vigaro...been reading about flushing the mix and feel I should do that...maybe twice? Ready to roll...

Exactly, and with auto flowering seeds it should be cruise control. Just gonna pot'em up and show them some TLC...watch em grow and post some pics here. Odyssey begins tomorrow morning....hopefully I can enjoy some extra fireworks by the 4th of July :thumb:

How far above the pots should I place the lights? Right now they're about mid-level in the closet; would be approximately 30" above the plants when they break the surface. Thanks.

I will definitely check it out...I can say, anything "I know", I've gleaned from reading posts on this site and some from Crop King site. The closet is in an unused bedroom; the whole closet is approx 3 X 10 with a partial divider in the center with sliding doors...have the 600W light suspended from the clothing rack and lowered about 3' ft down...trying to navigate getting a pic in here...it will happen just not on this post

ok....here are some pics
20160429_111609.jpg
20160429_111609.jpg
20160429_100040.jpg
20160429_100040.jpg

You won't need much light before they sprout, when they do keep the light high and lower it bit by bit looking for any signs of stress. You will find your sweet spot.

You should put a link in your signature so others know you have a journal. There is a tutorial below on how to do such a thing. I'll post a link for you on my journals so others will come and see what you have going on.

No, I don't. What do you recommend? Kinda went all in with the lighting system but in a couple of weeks can start filling in the blanks as they arise. Any advise or criticism is welcome...thank you for your posts.

Back
Top Bottom